Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
Ginger1 #2886349 02/19/20 04:02 PM
K
kml Offline
K
Sounds like the way it’s supposed to be when someone capable of a real relationship is actually interested in you! Yay!

Ginger1 #2886404 02/19/20 07:04 PM
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Thank you! I think the weirdness for me is that it is the way it’s supposed to be and I have never had it that way before. It’s just unfamiliar to me, but quite nice. I’m warming up to to it all. And yeah, I do have a tendency to wait for the other shoe to drop or think “this can’t be real, something has to happen”

As for the the guy from October who turned out to the the raging alcoholic..... he’s still here, a mess and CPS was called on him. All he did was brag about what a wonderful father he was. About how he does everything for them and his ex wife is too busy partying. He bragged about how when he brought his youngest son trick or treating, the adults stayed back and drank, but not him!

It was all just a huge bunch of insane lies.

Those poor kids. I feel super bad for them.

The universe took him out of my life for sure and for a reason. And that was the catalyst for my changes. He was the one where I said “good bye”

I hope he cleans himself up at least for the sake of the kids

Ginger1 #2886428 02/19/20 08:39 PM
job Offline
I am so happy for you. He sounds like one of the good guys. Enjoy the time you spend w/him.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
Ginger1 #2886573 02/20/20 06:23 PM
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Thank you! He’s a good guy. Continues to call me his GF. I’m getting more used to it. He’s going to come over later on Friday night so he could walk the dog and spend the night. It’ll be our first sleepover. Then spend the day together Saturday and Sunday I have to work. I’m honestly really looking forward to having someone to do nothing with me on Friday night .

Tonight with work a facility is hosting dinner and drinks at a fancy expensive steakhouse. Can’t wait. It’s free.

My coworker who works with me on Thursday’s is killing me. She never shuts up. Like never. And tells the same stories over and over and says “huh” after everything she says. We are going onto hours of this now and it’s unbelievable how it drains you. As I write this she is going on and on and on, I could cry.

Anyways. Can’t wait for tomorrow night. I’m exhausted .

Ginger1 #2886585 02/20/20 07:09 PM
L
L
G,

Any chance there’s a plus one for Steak and drinks tonight? If I leave now I can be there by 8:00 pm.

Ginger1 #2886588 02/20/20 07:11 PM
D
D
Originally Posted by Ginger1
I’m honestly really looking forward to having someone to do nothing with me on Friday night .

Do nothing? Riiiiiiight. Come Saturday morning that poor guy won't be able to walk and he'll have a sh!t-faced silly grin that won't go away for a week.

doodler #2886593 02/20/20 07:16 PM
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted by LH19
G,

Any chance there’s a plus one for Steak and drinks tonight? If I leave now I can be there by 8:00 pm.

Hop in the car now! I could use some arm candy!

Originally Posted by doodler
I’m honestly really looking forward to having someone to do nothing with me on Friday night .

Do nothing? Riiiiiiight. Come Saturday morning that poor guy won't be able to walk and he'll have a sh!t-faced silly grin that won't go away for a week.

He’s having accupuncture beforE he comes over. I’m gonna go easy on him. Maybe.

Ginger1 #2886602 02/20/20 07:37 PM
A
A
As for the the guy from October who turned out to the the raging alcoholic..... he’s still here, a mess and CPS was called on him. All he did was brag about what a wonderful father he was. About how he does everything for them and his ex wife is too busy partying. He bragged about how when he brought his youngest son trick or treating, the adults stayed back and drank, but not him!

It was all just a huge bunch of insane lies.

Hey Ginger, wow not only is that a crazy story, but I know one that's almost the same! First of all he probably wasn't lying, he actually believes he's a fantastic dad. Of course he's a terrible dad, dreadful. But he's peering through a fog of alcoholism and can't see what he has become.

So the story, thank goodness this isn't me but it's a good friend of mine. He started dating this woman, they went out to dinner once and then every date after that consisted of her inviting him to her house. She would be drunk when he arrived and stay up with him until 4 or 5 am drinking (wine from a coffee mug) and eating in her bed while crying non-stop about how cruel her XH was for taking the kids from her, and about how great a mother she was and how it was all so unfair. Every 30 minutes she would stagger out to the patio to smoke a cigarette. Many times he had to pick her up after she fell on the way there or back. They would have sex and talk about things, and the next day when she would get up at noon she would have zero recollection of any of it. Sometimes she would even ask why he didn't come by, after he had spent the night. He finally got fed up with it and they broke up at 3 am in a huge fight that started in the house and spilled onto the patio, then into the driveway and finally the street with him driving away and her running/staggering towards him down the street screaming. The next day she texted a cheery "Good morning!" He replied back "given the conversation last night I don't think there's anything to talk about." She had no idea what he meant and asked if he was coming by that night. That's only a brief synopsis of the many wild stories he told me while dating her!

Me: 60 w/ S18, D24, D27

M: 21 years; BD: 06-14-12; S: 09-10-12; D final: 03-17-14; XW:57
Ginger1 #2886605 02/20/20 07:45 PM
K
kml Offline
K
WTH was wrong with your friend that he would date her? Should have been over by the third date! Makes you question whether he's an alcoholic too.

Ginger1 #2886611 02/20/20 08:28 PM
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I am really long of still in shock over this. In rounds today I found it is really bad. They used the word “bizarre” security had to be called and he’s a mess. And I happen to be looking back on our texts ( we only saw each other once, but were talking for over a and only his texts were all about what a great wonderful involved father he is. And how perfect he was .
And remember when I said he ran out awkwardly at the end of the date? I have this bad feeling when he had that beer with me, that maybe have been him falling off the wagon . And it’s got me a little shook. It’s scary what’s out there and how well people can hide things. I bet the demise of his marriage had much to do with this.

And I think about M. I think his wife’s reasons were a little deeper. There was a reason why he kept me at arms length. And a reason why his ex does not look at him or speak to him.

Anyways, it does freak me out a bit . Hopefully I don’t uncover anything major from E.

I’m pretty kosher. I do have a heavy coffee addiction though

Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard