Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
D
D
(((Ginger))). Definitely not 75% Valentine’s Day candy sales!!! Sadly...tomorrow is my birthday...lol. Double whammy. frown

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Thank you. The day just makes me down for some reason. Even when I do have a valentine. It’s kind of J’s to do with past valentines days.

E was very sweet yesterday, he gave me a call last night and said he didn’t want V day to go by without talking to me. He said normally, he would have had something delivered to my house and he’s sorry he didn’t. I told him it’s fine, I wasn’t expecting anything and I know we are at that awkward stage for Valentine’s Day. He says he wishes he would have and we are going to have a celebration on Sunday. I told him I look forward to seeing him on Sunday.

Sometimes he likes to talk up what kind of pet we he could be or something he usually does in certain situations. I can’t explain it. I do like that he cares and is concerned about proving he would make a good partner. It’s a little weird, though. But I know action will tell me it all. And for the record, he has no clue about how I feel about V day.

My feelings seem to be all over, but I think we are still learning and dating and that’s going to happen.

Let’s see what he has in store for us tomorrow! Although he isn’t really good at making plans or decisions so he’ll probably leave it up to me. I’m which case I’ll choose the most expensive steakhouse so he will always be decisisve!

Hahaha’ just kidding !

K
kml Offline
K
In which case I’ll choose the most expensive steakhouse so he will always be decisisve!

There you go - train him how to treat you!

K
kml Offline
K
And yeah, I used to have a bad taste in my mouth about Valentines Day, because my ex never really made it a priority, even when things were good between us. I’ve had much better Valentines days since my divorce.

Yesterday was low key because CMM has been feeling crappy all week. He finished radiation on Wednesday but the radiation- induced enterprise is kicking up - he had diarrhea all day yesterday. Still he managed to get me a card and order roses. He had chicken soup for dinner and I ate the leftover Cornish game hen he’d cooked the night before. We snuggled and I watched a movie in the afternoon while he napped. Sometimes real romance is being there for your partner when they’re sick.

K
kml Offline
K
Enteritis not Enterprise - darn autocorrect!

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
KML, I hope CMM is feeling a little better . Sounds like you guys are going through so much.

Date might with E. Let’s see what he has planned. He was very sweet yesterday. He had to go to the mall and return something ( I knew he was supposed to do it the day before but he never got a round to it). D12 had a security tag left on something she bought from the mall so I had to go back while she hung out with her friends “in town” so I told him I was going to the mall and if he was too maybe we could meet up. He was so cute and went out of his way to try to meet me there, but his scheduling wasn’t allowing it. I told him not to worry about it, I just figured we could meet up if we were both there. It was nice to see the effort.

I was talking to a friend about family blending . There was a time it would have been wonderful. I felt like it was going wonderful with M. Aside from his issues, anyways. But I couldn’t do it again. I couldn’t have a loss like that again. So the fact that E’s kids are older brings me a lot of relief. If we end up in a relationship, I’m sure we can all get along. But we won’t be like the Brady hunch, and that is good for me. D12 and are established, his kids do their own thing...... there is just no need.

It would have been beautiful for a few years there. But it didn’t happen. And o don’t think it’s going to happen anymore

L
L
G,

Just catching up and I am really sorry you had a rough Valenttines day and it sounds like the effort really is there. Hopefully he is is able to blow your mind in some way tonight.

I agree with the whole Brady Bunch dynamic but probably for diffent reasons. I think it's great that his kids are older because he at least understands what Its like to have kids.

I'm not sure why but I think things are moving fast here so I hope you are able to gain clarity to see if this guy is G worthy.

D
D
Have a great time tonight Ginger!!! Hopefully it makes up for the crappy V Day. Also hope it helps to know you were not alone in that. Pretty sure there were millions of us all over the world feeling the same way. We shoulda had a party!!! (((HUGS)))

K
kml Offline
K
It would have been beautiful for a few years there. But it didn’t happen. And o don’t think it’s going to happen anymore

Or it could have been horrible. You know the Brady Bunch was a fantasy, right? My sister was the best stepmom to her stepdaughter, but due to how her parents raised the girl. Her mom blamed my sister for the breakup of her marriage even though it broke up because SHE cheated on HIM and my sister didn’t come along until they were divorced. Her father was weekend Disneyland dad who would never correct her rude behavior to my sis. In fact, while my sister was killing herself working two jobs 60 hours a week to pay off their debts, he was still sending several hundred dollars a month to her, even though she was 28, working, and living with her fiancé. SHE certainly wasn’t working two jobs.

Now that her father has died, she’s mad at my sister for things completely out of her control (my sister had to sell their rental house instead of rent it to stepdaughter because it was in such horrible condition it needed over $100k of work just to make it safe to live in) . I’m sure she also thought she would have gotten her inheritance now ( my sister was married to her father over twenty years, she will need those assets that they built together for her own retirement, but has every intention of including stepdaughter equally in her own will with her own two daughters).

I’m not exaggerating when I say my sister is a saintly person. Stepdaughter has cut her out of her life entirely, and my sister is only beginning to see that may be a good thing.

I just tell you this to counter that Brady Bunch fantasy you had. Step parenting isn’t always all it’s cracked up to be.

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Who wants to hear something kind of crazy about our date?

We went to this restaurant suggested by his BBall buddies. It’s a few towns over. So we get there and get seated next to a coworker of mine whom I love. She’s an older woman, our hospice liaison and one of the best hospice nurses I’ve ever known. So we do introductions . E mentions the town he lives in and my coworker points to her husband and says he is a high school teacher there. Well, it turns out it is his sons favorite teacher ever, so E introduces himself. He wrote the letter of recommendations for his son to get into college.

It is just too small of a world.

So, um, he told me that he called me something today when talking to his eldest son and he used a certain word. Hint: it’s not derogatory .

I’m guessing you all could guess what that word is. And I’m still processing that. And please, let me process that. I know some might say too soon, and I don’t really know, but I have to figure that out for myself. I kind of like it. But I’ve never really had anyone who was so enthusiastic about that. And enthusiastic about spending time with me and doing things with me. It’s exciting and kind of scary all at once.

There is something completely different about this, I don’t know what it is. It’s scary and I’m still processing it. I feel completely different than I ever have before with anyone else. And I can’t put my finger on it, it’s good though. But incredibly scary. I don’t know why

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard