A
My spelling is atroshios today laugh

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
D
D
Originally Posted by AndrewP
3D printing is usually done with a resin alone.

We do sell some resins in to the 3D printing market - but the resulting products tend to be much more brittle than those made the "traditional" way.

Ahhhhh...but, the 3D printing includes the fiber, continuous and/or chopped, as well as the resin prepreg (usually epoxy). Supposedly it can be very much stronger because it can build a truss like structure between the inner and out walls.

Don't let "prepreg" give you any ideas.

A
AndrewP Offline OP
OP Offline
A
4 kids, 3 of whom have ADD and 2 of whom are very wired. 2 "spouses" and a grandson. In 2 rooms at an indoor water park filled with hyperactive children.

I am rather out of my comfort zone wink

One of the spouses and I are the only morning people. Over coffee I thanked the waitress as a "life-saver" but said that it wasn't necessarily my life being saved.

It's been good. We're all having fun. The "adults" ended up in a room together with S's grandson. I think the others didn't want to be in the same room as the baby. He's been good for a 6 month-old.

I did have a chance to talk to S a bit alone last night until the kids found us. Her talk with her son in Australia was very good and he has positive things to say about his mother being engaged. Given his distance and lack of first hand knowledge, he is reasonably a bit skeptical, but he knows me a bit having been part of the group that my S25 hung around with.

I laugh because the thing that S's kids and it turns out many many people know me by is that I'm the guy in "The Pirate House" as they would come by on Halloween when I dress myself and my sloop up. If a guy has to have a reputation for anything, being known as a cheerful guy who hands out candy can't be all bad.

I have a bit of semi-buried annoyance that S hasn't made any sort of "public" announcement of our engagement. Back in the old days, our parents would have taken an ad out in the paper. I've told her that I am leaving the update of any information in her hands. She's not one who usually posts things about her own life on social media and I also get the vibe that she's reluctant to complicate her life. Our friend who blurted out the "you're still married" is undoubtedly typical of quite a number of reactions she would get.

I did do something bad yesterday. S was driving and I was using her phone to navigate. Her daughter sent her a text about logistics and after asking I opened it up and sent back the appropriate responses. A bit farther down was the thread of texts with her STBX. I snooped. It's all completely matching up with her narrative. Random texts without responses every week or so commenting on the weather etc. An older text about logistics on the divorce. S said that he's been dating and has been for quite a while and that it's not going well for him. The most recent living an hour away and seeming nice until she started talking about how the aliens were coming to rescue her (Scientologist?)

We do have a pile of very cute pictures taken both by S and her kids. Some may well sneak out. We are having a very nice time. Her son-in-law is having a phone interview this morning for a new job that would have them move back to our area from Ottawa. S is very excited about having her D25 and grand-son close by. We suggested that they consider taking over her old apartment. For now they are planning on moving in with his parents - assuming he gets the job which from what I have heard is probably a slam-dunk.

Anyway. I just saw D25 and GS wander by. Time to get back in my bathing suit.

Laterz

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
H
H
And why is it that you like a public announcement on your engagement? Why does this bother you that she has not made one especially if she is not one to post much?

Enjoy the chaos!!!

Me 41, H 47, M 15 yrs, S11, S13
BD 1: 11/4/14 we work on it; really I pretzel myself
BD 2: 3/31/15 H goes down to "dorm room"
8/15: H back to MBR
10/15: H back in dorm room
1/18: H files, now divorced
D
D
I second HaWho’s thoughts and add why do you expect her to make some grand announcement when she is still legally married to someone else? Surely good taste and good sense would be to keep it under wraps, at least from public proclamation, until the divorce is final.

I saw where you are. I’ll be interested to hear how it was. I’m considering saving up a chunk of change and taking the grandkids when the younger 2 are another year or so older.

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
K
kml Offline
K
Kind of agree with the others - if she isn't even divorced yet it seems awkward to publicly announce an engagement. Plus it might complicate her divorce.

D
D
Originally Posted by kml
Kind of agree with the others - if she isn't even divorced yet it seems awkward to publicly announce an engagement. Plus it might complicate her divorce.

Not to mention that it's just freakin' weird to be engaged to a married woman.

Last edited by job; 02/07/20 01:02 PM. Reason: edited content-may be offensive to some readers
G
G
Please don’t take this the wrong way, Andrew. But back in the day, people
Didn’t get engaged to married people. Parents wouldn’t take out ads for an engagement when on person isn’t divorced yet. You must realize this, I know you must.

What I don’t get, and quite frankly is none of my business is what the rush was and why you couldn’t wait until she was a divorced woman and you could shout it from the roof tops and it was a free and clear thing? If you would have waited for the divorce to be final, it just would have been something you didn’t have to hide. Her announcing an engagement while she was still married could be hurtful to others. My ex even waited until 6 months after our divorce. Probably not to be respectful to me, but he knew what that would look like to others.

What were you expecting ?

D
D
Originally Posted by doodler
Originally Posted by kml

Not to mention that it's just freakin' weird to be engaged to a married woman.

Originally Posted by Ginger1
Please don’t take this the wrong way, Andrew. But back in the day, people
Didn’t get engaged to married people. Parents wouldn’t take out ads for an engagement when on person isn’t divorced yet. You must realize this, I know you must.

Well thank God we are finally addressing the elephant in the room. There might still be hope for some sanity here at the place I’ve taken to calling Krazytown because, well, because it seems to have gone that direction of late. I know ive said this before on other threads but this is supposed to be a group of people supporting solid, healthy actions for life and love and trying to help each other hold to them. That clearly was why I came here so many years ago and I still see those in new comers holding visitors here accountable. I can tell, and have been told off the boards, that since have decided it won’t matter and won’t change anything anyhow, so why bother. But others read these posts even if a few here are off in fantasy land. I can’t predict the future anymore than anyone else can, but it sure seems like this Surviving D side of the board lately is serving to feed some of us back in the other side yet again with going along to get along even when we don’t at all agree. Is it any wonder why the D rate for 2nd and 3rd Ds is what it is if people are going into the next M before the last is even completed? And to somehow think this is all just fine and should be celebrated... I’m sorry, I just cannot support that.

My state has a law that prohibits anyone from re-marrying before 6 months has past after D. I even had to acknowledge my understanding of that law while under oath before my D was granted. I thought at the time what a silly law. Guess my states fathers were smarter than I thought they were.

I dont expect Andrew to listen to reason - especially from me. But at least the rest of us should not cast away common sense and go even deeper into Krazytown. thanks to some if you for restoring my faith in my fellow DBrs Again.

DonH
Midwest
Me 56
WAW-EXW 55
Met 11/95 / Married 5/00
Bomb 6/20/05 / She Filed on 6/2/06 / Divorced on 10/9/06
4 who'd qualify as GF since D & dated about 25 women since D
K
kml Offline
K
Speaking of DonH -
what happened with the cruise this year? Did you take anybody (or is it coming up)?

Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard