Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
L
L
I'm soooo happy for you! All sounds absolutely positive!

T
T
Nice work G! I also liked that you held out on boom boom, imo it displays your value. I would prefer you wait until date 4 but if he is already in your house on date 3 then that might be hard.

Still only 2 dates, continue to let him come to you, and let him ask you out/initiate. Dont deprive him of the opportunity to court you.

Married 14, Together 17
M: 44, W: 43, D: 8, D: 6
M: 46, W: 45. D: 10. D: 8 (CUR)
Bomb Dropped: 5/28/2017
Separation Date: 6/17/2017
Divorce Filed: 2/7/2018
Divorce Final: 4/12/2018
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Thank you guys so much! It was awesome. I am going to try to hold out u til the 4th, but no guarantees. I think he had respect for me doing so last night which was good.

I did find out a little more about his divorce. He said it was very amicable. He said he has never ever cheated and his ex never did either. However. He did say she told him “if we don’t divorce one of us is going to cheat” and he said he would have never, but clearly she was. She was telling me about how she has her new found spiritual career and is a “past life regressionist” he said it was too much when he was getting yelled at for stuff he did in another life in the 1400’s. I was cracking up. And he was too, but he was actually serious! This stuff happened! He seems fine with the divorce though. I think the hardest part was him having to give up his house. They sold it. His kids live with him so his 17 year old son can finish out his school year in the same school. His other son lives on campus in state but comes back often. But they do have their own lives and he has freedom. More than me, of course, but he doesn’t seem to be bothered .

I can tell his does like to be the man and court me. And next date is all him, I’m going to let him pay away, hold doors, all that stuff. I like it.

Something so stupid but I like that he is 5’8” we can hold hands comfortable without my arm being held up in the air like it was with Mr. 6’3” I thought it would be hard to get used to the fact he is just a small framed thin guy. Because even though I’m short, I’m curvy and I have muscle. I thought I might not feel that “safe” comfy feeling in his arms. But I most certainly did.

I’m going to try to not get too excited. But I think it’s a good thing when you do look forward to the next date.

T
T
It all sounds good G....just be patient and take it all in, observing and listening. I think the Doc bought drinks or paid for something on date 5. I also think I was invited inside her house on date 4 and on date 5 is when well you know.

Also, don't forget your ages. I know, I know it's just a number but you being 11 years younger is strongly working in your favor. Make sure you use that to your benefit.

Married 14, Together 17
M: 44, W: 43, D: 8, D: 6
M: 46, W: 45. D: 10. D: 8 (CUR)
Bomb Dropped: 5/28/2017
Separation Date: 6/17/2017
Divorce Filed: 2/7/2018
Divorce Final: 4/12/2018
P
P
Originally Posted by Ginger1

Something so stupid but I like that he is 5’8” we can hold hands comfortable without my arm being held up in the air like it was with Mr. 6’3” I thought it would be hard to get used to the fact he is just a small framed thin guy. Because even though I’m short, I’m curvy and I have muscle. I thought I might not feel that “safe” comfy feeling in his arms. But I most certainly did.

glad it went well! and woo hoo.... hope for us shorter dudes!

A
A
Sounds like this guy knows how to be a proper gentleman. I used to laugh thinking about my ex-wife standing in front of a door and wondering why it didn't open itself.

He also respects boundaries which means that he's looking at this as something he wants to nurture and grow vs just the - ahem - boom boom.

I agree with the others. Make him (and more importantly you) wait for a bit before the horizontal olympics. Not as game playing, but to try to get the measure of him outside of that high chemical rush. I don't recall with S - but I think it was well over a month or so with dates twice a week before we got there. That was I think more me than her though.

Good news though Ginger! Have a great day and try too hard to not be grinning like an idiot for the "entire" day laugh laugh

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
B
B
I'm glad you had fun, but remember this was one date. Slow down. Sorry to be a bummer. Love you and want you to be happy, and also want you to be safe. xoxoxo

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
D
D
First and foremost, glad you had fun and things went as well as they did. I don’t want to be the one to rain on your parade, but I second what bttrfly said....it was one date, so slow down a little. 2 days ago, you posted that even though he was picking you up, he wouldn’t be invited in after because you were “not there yet” (your words) and now you are full steam ahead making out and saying you are going to try to wait until date 4 but no guarantees. Girl, you’re giving me whiplash. I mean, it is ok if you suddenly realized you were far more attracted than you originally thought but take it slow, let him court, bask in the newness and being treated like a queen.

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
It was my second date, guys. And I said I would not invite him in for sexy time. We didn’t do anything too naughty. Innocent making out. And just on my couch. A lot was left to the imagination . We aren’t moving anywhere fast. We are having dates. That’s it! And I am enjoying it! It’s fun to go out on dates. And he will do the courting and he can ask me out again. I am enjoying to newness. We are two healthy adults with attraction, but I’m not giving it up right away. And he is totally cool with that. He legit likes me. And I like him. And that’s all it is now. But yes, my attraction is growing

L
L
Lol. Prudes. Look if he likes you he will want to keep seeing you sexy time or not. Do what feels natural.

Did he get to second base lol?

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard