Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
B
BenB Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Journal -

My birthday was December 14. Stbxw was the first one to message me and congratulate -

W: Happy birthday! (5 different emojis, birthday cake, flowers, balloon etc) Wish I could celebrate with you smile Hope youīll have a wonderful day with lots of fun and joy <3 smile

Me: Thank you very much smile

Honestly, I didnīt know what else to answer. I have days when I miss her still of course but itīs easy to remind myself that she doesnīt know what she wants. And Iīm not going to wait around for her to figure that out while Iīm being disrespected. Before she moved out, every time I showed even the slightest interest, she would become distant again.

My birthday could have been better. I had a wisdom tooth pulled out the day before and didnīt know that my face would swell up like it did so was a bit awkward meeting my friends. Iīve had one removed before but from the upper jaw which I understand now is a lot less painful. Only now am I starting to look normal again.

The only link between me and stbxw left now is that she needs to return the keys for the apartment I got for her and for her to pick up some boxes I have at my place. havenīt heard from her on either of those things yet. The keys need to be returned before end of this months so not sure whatīs taking her so long.

Then of course we are still married until earliest April 10.

Tomorrow I go to Athens for my final show of the year and then holiday for me! Working in the entertainment industry means hardly any days without getting hundreds of emails which is why I love Christmas. The only time of the year where Americans donīt send you emails for around two weeks, sometimes longer smile

Me: 38
Stbxw: 35
No kids
Mini bd: February 6, 2019
ONS confirmed Sept 7, 2019
Told her to move out: September 8, 2019
W moved out: September 28, 2019
Divorce filed by me: September 23, 2019
L
L
Benny B Happy belated birthday! Yep keep moving forward! Don’t fall for the crumbs. If she figures her $hit out and your available you will consider under YOUR conditions. If not you’ll find someone better. Guaranteed!

Take care man!

A
A
Happy Birthday Ben!!!! Sorry about the wisdom tooth, I only had two, one on top and one diagonally from it on bottom. Had both removed at the same time and didn't have any issues, but from talking to others over the years there's a wide variety of side effects that can crop up like yours! Glad to hear you are doing better.

Originally Posted by BenB
Stbxw was the first one to message me and congratulate -

W: Happy birthday! (5 different emojis, birthday cake, flowers, balloon etc) Wish I could celebrate with you smile Hope youīll have a wonderful day with lots of fun and joy <3 smile

She is the queen of temperature checks, that's for sure!

Me: Thank you very much smile

Honestly, I didnīt know what else to answer.

No more needed, that was a good response.

I have days when I miss her still of course but itīs easy to remind myself that she doesnīt know what she wants. And Iīm not going to wait around for her to figure that out while Iīm being disrespected. Before she moved out, every time I showed even the slightest interest, she would become distant again.

It's definitely normal to miss her, but it's good that you are able to miss her without feeling the need to temp check her. You are right, she's got to figure things out on her own and if you reach out she will distance again.

Enjoy your holiday break! I'm taking off next week and half the following, definitely looking forward to it smile

Me: 60 w/ S18, D24, D27

M: 21 years; BD: 06-14-12; S: 09-10-12; D final: 03-17-14; XW:57
B
BenB Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Thanks LH! Thanks AS!

Have a great holiday!

No kids
job Offline
Happy Belated Birthday!

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
B
BenB Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Man Iīve been feeling down for a while lately. I was doing quite well for a while but thereīs a feeling of loneliness that I canīt shake off lately

I have some of the best GAL opportunities anyone could ask for and it most definitely helps to travel the way I do. But when Iīm home again and itīs just me, I often feel lonely. Not quite sad but not happy either. I feel a huge responsibility for my dog and have to make sure heīs had his exercise. If I donīt, if I feel heīs been bored, it stresses me so I have to make sure heīs happy when Iīm with him.

I have plenty of things planned. This weekend for example Iīm travelling to Copenhagen with a friend, we managed to secure a reservation at a restaurant thatīs very difficult to book. I know that will be fun of course but after that, when I come home on Sunday and pick up my dog, we go home and weīre just alone again...it just feels so lonely.

Dating hasnīt gone well at all. Besides the two girls I met a few times I also met a third girl who turned out to be very unstable, stalker warning is a good way of describing her so I ended it quickly. So far I havenīt met a single girl of the ones Iīve actually felt really attracted to. If we match, they either donīt write or answer when I write and when we do chat a bit they stop writing after a while. I know the best way to meet someone would be IRL but all my friends I used to go out with have kids now. At the moment, Iīm not sure how Iīm going to meet my next relationship. I know I wonīt be single forever, I just canīt picture who that person will be since online dating seems to be way more difficult than I expected.

Iīve made plans with friends but theyīre all months from now because thatīs how we need to do it these days. A weekend in April etc etc.

Havenīt heard from STBXW at all with the exception of her letting me know she returned the keys for the rental apartment a few weeks ago. Plenty of her boxes are still here and she was supposed to pick them up this month so weīll see if that happens.

I spent Christmas with my family but decided to just stay home for NYE with my dog. I thought it would be ok but never doing that again. I knew this would be the first NYE spent without W in 10 years but I also realized that this would be the first time ever Iīm alone. At midnight I could hear all the neighbours so yeah, not a good idea. Next year Iīll make plans for sure.

Anyway, just venting here and not expecting any advice. I know what I have to do and all. I havenīt stopped working out and I still eat a healthy diet so I look great. Would just be nice to have more to do besides work and taking care of my dog.

And thanks Job!

Last edited by BenB; 01/09/20 12:07 AM.

No kids
B
BenB Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Just as a wrote that I wake up this morning to an email from W. As I wrote earlier one of her best friends has a cocaine addiction which I became aware of in the beginning of November which was the last time I spent time with W.

W: Hi,

happy new year, hope you had fun:)

I myself was going to be with X(her friend), but guess who didn't show up?
So I was sitting ready home alone waiting for her all evening, but she never came..
Hopefully she will get some help soon..

Anyway!

Can you wire me 2000 SEK? I got a bill I had to pay, and money wasn't enough this month.

(for anyone who isnīt familiar with my sitch, I have an agreement to pay her a certain amount if we were to separate so the money she is asking for is her money)

Me:

Thank you and happy new year !

Is she ok now? Have you seen or spoken to her since? I am so sorry to hear this and that you had to be alone. I see she always watches my instastories and likes my pictures so I hoped that was a sign she's doing better.

For NYE I was just home alone with the pug. "owner 1" had to go to Russia until mid January and "owner 2" was away as well and I wanted pug to be safe and have fun so I just decided to make good food for him and buy some new toys.

Of course, I just wired you 2000.

(I share my dog with two others who used to be a couple but split up, hence why I write owner 1 and 2)

Perhaps I shouldnīt have written that I was home alone or if that was too much information. But she wrote back this -

W:
Yeah. When I tried to call her she switched her phone off, so that was pretty s****y. I was thinking about to call you, but I assumed you wouldn't want that smile

I didn't answer her for days, because I was so angry and disappointed in her. But she said she was sick, which is 100% not true of course. But what can I do.

This last email was sent just a few minutes ago. Nothing to reply to I guess and sounds like thereīs a temp check in there.

Last edited by BenB; 01/09/20 11:20 AM.

No kids
L
L
B,

Major temp check. Great job not acknowledging it.

Keep being awesome!

B
BenB Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Thanks LH! Just so everyone understands, I see the last bit could be confusing but this part below was from W regarding her friend and not me writing it about her -

"I didn't answer her for days, because I was so angry and disappointed in her. But she said she was sick, which is 100% not true of course. But what can I do."

No kids
A
A
Hey Ben, sounds about like my NYE, I've never been big on celebrating it though, it's just another day to me. I was home with my S, he was playing a video game and I think I was watching a movie with my doggo on my lap. There are worse ways to pass some time than hanging out with your fur pal smile

Originally Posted by BenB
I was thinking about to call you, but I assumed you wouldn't want that smile

Yeah that definitely sounds like a temp check. You did well to ignore it. More will come. I still feel like she's going to want to recon at some point. She's learning to miss you. Whether she's done any work on herself is another matter entirely.

Me: 60 w/ S18, D24, D27

M: 21 years; BD: 06-14-12; S: 09-10-12; D final: 03-17-14; XW:57
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard