Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
K
kml Offline
K
She’s stroking your arm?
Definitely one of two things:
1) She’s bothered that you’re not her Plan B anymore and is jealously trying to get you back on the hook.
2) She’s realizing what an idiot she was and now that the novelty of OM has worn off, she wishes she was back with you.

Question for you: if the answer is #2 - would you do anything differently?

T
OP Offline
T
Yeah, like walked up to me while I was leaning back, making small talk and put her hand on the back of my arm as i was leaning back and held it there for a long pause. It was weird and the second time she broke the touch barrier in the past several weeks. I know she went to her bfs house and took the girls with her for new years so i know he is still in the picture.

There is no interest on my part, that ship has sailed so i would do nothing different. My guess is it is number 1 and plan B.

Married 14, Together 17
M: 44, W: 43, D: 8, D: 6
M: 46, W: 45. D: 10. D: 8 (CUR)
Bomb Dropped: 5/28/2017
Separation Date: 6/17/2017
Divorce Filed: 2/7/2018
Divorce Final: 4/12/2018
G
G
I hate to admit this. It’s horribly embarrassing. A few years ago when I was in a super dry spell, my ex came to pick up our daughter Wearing a tank He almost started looking good. Then I washed my eyes out with bleach and told myself I need to get laid.

But really, KML is most likely right. Was NOT my case, but I bet it is yours.

Glad to hear you have moved on and wouldn’t entertain that anymore. A year ago, I think it might have been different for you.

T
OP Offline
T
Haha....that's ok G. I have held the line since she moved out which is coming up on 3 years. I have no idea what was going through her head when she did what she did. I wasnt perfect but definitely didnt deserve what I got.

Anyway, there is too much water under the bridge at this point to ever look back. The pain she caused me, my girls and my parents is something I could never return from. I also have lost all respect for her and is something that I dont think would ever return.

I will pay my child support like a good soldier and be the best co parent I can be but that is where it stops.

Married 14, Together 17
T
OP Offline
T
Back at work today after being off for 2 weeks. I spent the last two weeks seeing the Dr. every day in some capacity and it feels really weird not seeing her and going back to our normal BAU routine. It feels like we took two steps forward and have now taken 1 step back. I don't think you can't help but get closer to someone when you do that but I guess it is what it is.

It just seems weird going back to the texting...……..

Married 14, Together 17
K
kml Offline
K
Well, that's a good sign isn't it? Instead of going "Phew! Thank god for some alone time, she was getting on my nerves" you're thinking that it felt natural to be together and feels funny to be apart. I'd say this relationship is going well!

T
OP Offline
T
All very true, it does feel funny to be a part. It truthfully kind of [censored] going back to the texting and not really seeing each other during the week. Next Thursday will be a year so I will send her some flowers and she already has a sitter lined up for that night so we can go out to dinner.

In other news my oldest is going to be in 6th grade next year so the XW and were discussing what to do with her when school is out. My house is probably a mile away and she has a phone so I am thinking that she could just walk home after school. If the weather is bad then we will need to make some arrangements but the weather is generally not too bad in Texas. The XW asked if my daughter could walk to my house even when it is not my week and I told her "yes" as it would be easier for my daughter. Obviously easier for my XW as well but what is best for my daughter is my only concern. Obviously we would need to revisit if I moved at some point but for now it makes the most sense. Hopefully it will give her some time to grab a snack and get some homework done before her mom swings by to pick her up.

Married 14, Together 17
D
D
Originally Posted by TBSakaJ9
In other news my oldest is going to be in 6th grade next year so the XW and were discussing what to do with her when school is out. My house is probably a mile away and she has a phone so I am thinking that she could just walk home after school. If the weather is bad then we will need to make some arrangements but the weather is generally not too bad in Texas.

My sons have been coming to my house after school since my divorce. My oldest son has a car now, but he still comes to my house after school most days. On my XW's week they go back to her house around the time she gets home from work. It works well for me because I get to see them almost every day.

L
L
Yo J all sounds good just want to remind you to not forget about your boys and make sure you don’t look to the Doc for your only support.

D
D
Sounds like things are great with you and the doc. I'm happy for both of you. When XH and I married, his girls came to our house every day after school then their mom picked them up when she got off work. He got off work early and spent time with them and we usually had dinner with them because their mother was too lazy to cook. Even when the girls had their own cars and could do what they want, they still chose to come to hang out at our house until they HAD to go home, which eventually became them staying all the time because their mother moved out of state. It worked for all of us and was probably most beneficial for their mother, but since it gave us a lot of extra time with the girls, we really didn't care.

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard