Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
K
kml Offline
K
He said to me “is this a joke? I’ve never heard of orange theory” I sent him a link of what it was...... and he just deleted me. Ok dude, sorry you don’t like my exercise of choice?

I suspect either A) he decided you must be more fit than him and would be disappointed when you met his real-life obese self, or B) he's a Nigerian spammer (always a clue when they don't seem to know of things that most people in the US would know about).

Then again, he could have just met the girl of his dreams. See, that's what I was saying - you do NOT take things personally at this stage because you have NO idea what is actually going on.

D
D
In dude’s defense, I didn’t know what Orange Theory was until very recently but I live in Podunk, Arkansas and I’m a fat chick, so.........I only learned because a high school classmate who lives elsewhere now goes and posts about it all the time on Facebook. Not that dude needs defending and I suspect that kml’s first guess was probably accurate but moving ON!

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
People are just weird! I’m not attached to it. He said he was going to the gym that night too. And I think the dude weighs less than me. But he just felt the need to hit the “delete” button.

People are just Fing weird. Glad that one got weeded out pretty fast.

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I’m already highly disappointed.

If I can ask for something from the universe this year it would be to meet a great guy the organic way. Please and thank you.

L
L
G,

I understand that’s it’s frustrating at times but I still believe it’s a numbers game and something eventually will come by it.

K
kml Offline
K
Can you cross country ski?

I was already with my ex when I learned to cross country ski, but at least back then, men outnumbered women 10:1 and they were FIT! And THRILLED to see a woman out there skiing.

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I know, I know, I just feel like it’s been so many years already. I’ve gone through so many bad ones. I don’t know how much more I have left on me. I feel like I’ve already looked at thousands of profiles

I don’t cross country ski. As I never have. We have lots of ski mountains here, so that’s a bigger sport. And I cannot ski, unfortunately. Maybe I’ll just wait at the bottom of the hill and look pretty

Really trying to get on a hike with this meetup hiking club, but I’ve been waitlisted

T
T
G.....I have heard of Orange Therapy and have seen the studios but I have no idea what goes on inside. Screw that dude though, he sounds like a real piece of work.

Try to remain positive, don't take this crap personally and don't put too much pressure on yourself. If you find that this is just not working out for you and it leaves you more frustrated and upset then change it up.

Hang in there!

Married 14, Together 17
M: 44, W: 43, D: 8, D: 6
M: 46, W: 45. D: 10. D: 8 (CUR)
Bomb Dropped: 5/28/2017
Separation Date: 6/17/2017
Divorce Filed: 2/7/2018
Divorce Final: 4/12/2018
A
A
Ginger - Even though I'm not personally a user of such techniques, have you considered making use of a vision board to explore what it is you are looking for in a future life?

I'm not talking about in just dating life, but life beyond that and including that.

From the outside - and I hope you aren't offended by anything I have to day here - you are a gal who likes to party, who is a hard worker, who goes all in in any endeavor. You are a lot to handle and anyone who is part of your life needs to be able to keep up. That certainly eliminates guys like myself for example who are attracted to the maternal types. I know that you have your Netflix and chill side too and work very hard at being a good mother but that's a different vibe. At least from the limited point of view that I have.

In some ways I think you are in a tougher spot dating-wise than someone who is younger or older. You are certainly at an age where you would probably be very attractive to a guy on OLD who is about my age of 55 though but looking forward, they wouldn't be able to keep up 15 years from now. I have a friend - who was an OW - who is married to a guy who is 25 years older than her. He's retired, plays a lot of golf, has some health issues. She's still wanting to go out to bars and dance but is working on playing dutiful wife who is now spending a lot of time with much younger girlfriends.

I certainly don't have any helpful advice other than that I believe you need a man who will be at least your equal in terms of drive and passion for life. Who deals with what is in front of him but who also has a caring and nurturing side. Maybe take that mutt of yours out to the dog park more often.

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
D
D
Originally Posted by AndrewP
Maybe take that mutt of yours out to the dog park more often.

Is that similar to getting your hedge trimmed, jumping the turnstile, making a magical sandwich, churning butter, bam-bam in the ham, checking the oil, testing the suspension, roasting the broomstick, putting the bread in the oven, organ grinding, buzzing the brillo, buttering the biscuit, doing squat thrusts in the cucumber patch, feeding the kitty...

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard