Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
UR—-

You understand me better than most in my life do. And I always take your words to heart. And I think you are very right. I am finally there. I am where I’m supposed to be. Sometimes with a real hard truth comes a little bit of a setback.... but will be the catalyst forward. M did not deserve me by far. Not at all. And I know it. I am
Too good for him. And I am so done accepting less than I deserve. He was truly the house that dropped on my head. For absolute sure. I mean, the others I probably should have seen it too and never taken that c@p again. But it wasn’t a hard enough hit. This one was for sure. And I am going to take this and run for it.

I don’t know why. Sometimes I feel like people don’t need to be taught an many cosmic lessons as I need to be. So many tough years of lessons! I feel like people find what they are looking for without all this universal butt kicking. But not me. But that’s ok. Because I still believe the universe is holding out for something incredible for me. And I will not accept any less.

Job- thank you. I am very fortunate and have many blessings and I have worked very hard and earned everything all by myself.

I personally think that I am incredible. I really think I, just as I am, am a catch. I am proud of me. And I just want to be with someone who accepts me as me. No judgements. And that I could truly be myself with and quit worrying about if that person is going to stick around. Because the right one will, even if I’m not perfect.

D
D
Originally Posted by Ginger1

I personally think that I am incredible. I really think I, just as I am, am a catch. I am proud of me. And I just want to be with someone who accepts me as me. No judgements. And that I could truly be myself with and quit worrying about if that person is going to stick around. Because the right one will, even if I’m not perfect.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS! G, SO much this! Write this on your bathroom mirror, on a sticky note in your car, on your calendar at work, on the wallpaper on your phone screen. BELIEVE THIS!!!!!!!! The thing that sticks out to me most from your posts in the last week or so is you are comparing how you feel on the inside to how others look on the outside. You feel bad about where your body is but I would kill for your body (and I’m sure I’m not the only one). You feel bad about money but you OWN a home and are providing a great life full of love, care, concern, and fun for Little G. You have SO much going for you. I’m not saying you shouldn’t feel the way you feel but I am saying you should cut yourself some slack. You are out there making it on your own, successful, beautiful, homeowner, great mom, in a well-respected career that you clearly thrive in. Take those successes and run with them. And when you’re ready to date again, keep that last paragraph of your own words in mind. You are a catch, so start acting like one!

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
D
D
(((GINGER))). Stay open to new experiences and new people. You and I are similar... we are caretakers and we cut people A LOT of slack. We both need to do that less and remember our worth. You ARE a great catch and don’t you forget it!!! Happy 2020!! This is going to be an awesome year!!! (((HUGS)))

B
B
listen to these wise ladies my dear. xoxoxo

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I think I may make 2020 the year of self worth! Thank you. Dawn, thank you for pointing out what my view of negatives are actually positives. I need to start turning that stuff around.

Yesterday was D's cheer banquet. We picked up her friend and mom and had a good time. She's my friend going through chemo and is thankfulldoing really well. She's shaved the head and has her wigs. She has really curly like mind, but one wig is like a nice blow out. Everyone was complimenting her on her blow out. I think I might be one of the few to know. She is really only more tired, but is up and about and living life.

We may be going on that spring break cruise with them. My daughter wants to go so bad. It honestly is the best opportunity she has and i have as only child and single parent to vacation with someone. I priced it out. My dad knew how much we wanted to go and is giving me $1k towards it for my 40th birthday present. The rest, probably from tax return money. I know I should put that towards bills. But really, I only turn 40 once, I only live once and i want D12 to have this opportunity. Me too. This is a rarity. You only live once.

Still on weight watchers and sticking to it. I am having a hard time getting to the gym thanks to the new year knew me people pull in janurary. Everyone joins. ANd this is a class that has alot of sign up rules and penalties for cancelling. Everyone is signing up so far in advance and i can't get into a class. USually people cancel right before the 8 hour window and i get in. but there are so many people, I am not making it. If you sign up for a class and cancel with less than 8 hours left, you get charged. Which is BS. So I wait because my schedule is unpredictable. Unfortuateley with the new year, none are opening up. I am hoping come february it will ease up again.

I am trying to muster up the courage to get back to online dating. I am having a hard time. At least to create my profile. I don't feel like taking a bunch of new pictures. Luckily the 2 guys I did meet didn't seem to be bothered at all by me bing 10-15lbs heavier than my pictures. I know how much you guys say you hate to get duped, but I just don't have any recent pictures. I'll figure it out I guess.

That's my exciting life. I am off tomorrow thankfully. Work was burning me out big time. I'l definitely get in a class tomorrow. Go to costco, all that fun stuff.

That's all folks!

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
......and I'm back OLD! only Bumble so far. And boy oh boy. I increased the age older. ANd man, am I surprised at how many guys still want kids someday who are 48+. Clearly they are looking for some chicks to make that happen. I did alot of swiping left. Too many guys wanting kids, and too many living in NYC, I live a half hour outside NYC, but the pain in the butt it takes to get in and out is just not worth it. Traffic, tolls, zero parking..... God no.

A few I swiped right on. Fathers to older children. I am definitely attracted to a good looking older guy. I never know what to say though. What's a good opener? I try to play something witty off their profile, but IDK. One replied back with one word. Still seeing about the others.

I hate hate hate starting all over again. I feel like I am newly divorced jumping back in the dating scene. I promised I would be more positive, but OLD is overwhelming to me, and knowing my past track record, almost seems hopeless. I would love Juju's good fortune.

L
L
I like to receive something witty or a compliment. I absolutely despise “hey”.

I read over a million messages will be sent today. I sent one so 999,999 to go lol.

Good luck G. This is our year!

T
T
LOL....well i had just got back from the gym and had a tank top on so I was leaning back on the counter and she came up and grabbed my tricep....so transparent smile

Married 14, Together 17
M: 44, W: 43, D: 8, D: 6
M: 46, W: 45. D: 10. D: 8 (CUR)
Bomb Dropped: 5/28/2017
Separation Date: 6/17/2017
Divorce Filed: 2/7/2018
Divorce Final: 4/12/2018
T
T
Sorry G...wrong thread.

I would usually get something witty or even something simple like.....hey there, how was your weekend? Nothing over the top or elaborate.

Married 14, Together 17
M: 44, W: 43, D: 8, D: 6
M: 46, W: 45. D: 10. D: 8 (CUR)
Bomb Dropped: 5/28/2017
Separation Date: 6/17/2017
Divorce Filed: 2/7/2018
Divorce Final: 4/12/2018
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Sounds kinda hot!! Lol!

I matched with 10 guys and so far and sent messages to most, of varying degrees. We shall see what gets a decent response.

I also hate “hey” even “ hi ginger!” Would be better.

We shall see.

Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard