Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
S
S
Originally Posted by TKO
and don't give her reasons to vilify you.

Bingo. Look at my response to Space. They WILL vilify you if you give them the ammunition.

M(53), W(54),D(19)
M-23, T-25 Bomb Drop - Dec.23, 2017
Ring and Piecing since March 2018
M
M
Originally Posted by LH19
What makes you think she’s not Bsing you?

Why would you be interested in talking to someone who is cheating on you and wanting to D you?

Core, you need to decide what is best.

If I had followed this advice, I'd be divorced today.

M
M
Originally Posted by Core
LH,

How did you others find the patience and how did you not fill with hate when being treated so poorly? A small sliver of me now thinks W may come out of her ways eventually but at what cost.

Anyone here who says they weren't mad or upset at their spouses is a GD liar. I'm sure in your mind, you've turned what she's done into the worst things ever. A small reading on this site shows you that people have been treated 100X worse than you have. So some perspective is in order. That is not to minimize how she's treating you. Everyone deserves some respect.

But you have to remember that maybe your W felt this way about you for years. Many LBS seem to forget and want to focus on the hurt they are experiences.

L
L
So just to clarify Mario or Mario23???

Maybe her accusing him of not talking to her is more likely Gaslighting. Why should he strike up conversations with someone who is cheating and wanting to D him?

Last edited by LH19; 01/02/20 03:39 PM.
S
S
Originally Posted by Mario

Why would you be interested in talking to someone who is cheating on you and wanting to D you?

No way you could possibly know this.

Core, be wary of anyone that talks in absolutes or gives guarantees.

M(53), W(54),D(19)
M-23, T-25 Bomb Drop - Dec.23, 2017
Ring and Piecing since March 2018
U
U
Originally Posted by Core
LH,

How did you others find the patience and how did you not fill with hate when being treated so poorly? A small sliver of me now thinks W may come out of her ways eventually but at what cost.

Anyone here who says they weren't mad or upset at their spouses is a GD liar. I'm sure in your mind, you've turned what she's done into the worst things ever. A small reading on this site shows you that people have been treated 100X worse than you have. So some perspective is in order. That is not to minimize how she's treating you. Everyone deserves some respect.

But you have to remember that maybe your W felt this way about you for years. Many LBS seem to forget and want to focus on the hurt they are experiences.

Core ~ I've commented a few times on your thread about NGS and anxiety. I see a lot of myself in your posts.

These situations are emotional gauntlets. One of the best things you can do (in my humble opinion) ESPECIALLY if you have NG tendencies and issues with anxiety... work on your emotional awareness.

OF COURSE we feel hurt and mad and angry at times. Hate is a strong word, but I also would bet most if not all of us LBS's have felt that too at some point.

As Mario pointed out, your W also probably feels some strong emotions about you. Maybe she's been frustrated for years. Everyone has a different level of tolerance and patience in their sitch. How do we deal with poor treatment? Well... if it's bad enough, we set boundaries. Otherwise, we learn to deal with it by handling our own emotions and giving our WAS the time and space they need while we work on ourselves as well. I'm not being flippant -- this is really really hard to do, but the more you can deal with your own emotions in a healthy way, you will be better off in so many ways.

Look again at the sentence I quoted above. You are already talking about how hard it might be to get over your resentment if you end up piecing things together down the road. You are spending your precious mental energy worrying about one possible future which may not happen. Is this useful?

M
M
Originally Posted by Steve85

No way you could possibly know this.

Core, be wary of anyone that talks in absolutes or gives guarantees.

I don't want to hijack the thread, but I DO KNOW this. My W told me.

Last edited by Mario; 01/02/20 07:37 PM.
M
M
So just to clarify Mario or Mario23???

Maybe her accusing him of not talking to her is more likely Gaslighting. Why should he strike up conversations with someone who is cheating and wanting to D him?

Because she's the mother of his kids? Because maybe she's going through her own crisis? Because maybe she's had moment of sincerity? I was simply suggesting that Core needs to make up his own mind. The reason I respond is that his situation is very close to mine. There were times when I didn't just shut down my wife when she wanted to talk.

I'm not sure if his W has explicitly said she wants a D after the first time.

Last edited by Mario; 01/02/20 07:39 PM.
L
L
I don’t think anyone here is advocating for him to shoot her down when she wants to talk. We advocate listen and validate.

L
L
BTW on first post she ask for a D.

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard