Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
I
IHCLACS Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Next few days are going to be rough with move coming Sat. God I hope I live through this without having a breakdown. Saying goodbye to a lot of things and people memories and way of life with not a whole lot to look forward to, but I'm trying.

Last edited by IHCLACS; 10/31/19 01:59 AM.
D
DS9 Offline
D
You got this IH.

You need to keep uber busy on Saturday to not think about the emotional aspects of the move. Have you got friends on board to help? If I was in the US I'd be there helping you buddy! Keep busy and chatting with them throughout. As soon as you've moved, get out there and try to get some nice homewares and decorative pieces that'll lift your spirits. Get some nice incense, do some sage smudging, and sea salt on the floor of each house entrance. Keep some nice calming music playing in the background.

If you're feeling down still, take a break and post how you're feeling in the forum. I'll be checking in on you ok!

So what's the new place like? Describe in detail please! Man cave options?? Nice places nearby to take your son?

Me: early 40's
XW: nearly 50
T: 15
M: 5
BD: Jan 19
S:10 SS: 22 SD: 24
I
IHCLACS Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Well DS9. The first thing Im going to do is unload my kitchen ware, my cast iron collection, and my clothes and effects and get settled in. Get some dishware. (XW offered her old wares but I don't want any memories or reminders of her around me all the way down to the forks. I need to heal.) I haven't really cooked for myself much for pleasure in the last year. Been eating fast food everyday. Looking forward to getting back into cooking for myself for plead ure.Her and her Aunt used to do that Sage Sea Salt thing. I might consider it. Definately hear you on the music and incense.

Im going to have to go back multiple trips over the next month to make sure I get everything. Especially the garage and yard. The new place is a one bedroom that needs a little work. Bottom floor of two family. Got a huge shed for tools. Yard/Field in the back. I can play with my pizza oven which I haven't touched in a year. Debating if I want to move the four cords of wood for now XW house that I labored for. There are probably a lot of tools and stuff I can purge that I'm carrying with me. Im not really too prepared for this move other than needs. Once I get settled and stuff unpacked over the next week will keep everyone posted on progress. Still can't believe this is happening. But ill face it head on. Plow through it, and make the best of my life for now.

T
T
Hang in there, IH!

You're strong and will grow from this experience no matter what happens in your M.

I
I
Hey IH

Definitely keep yourself busy that day - moving around a lot, so much so that you are exhausted and too tired at the end of the day to think about anything.

Take it one minute at a time, one hour at a time, one day at a time. And don't forget to do something fun for yourself too.
smile

I
IHCLACS Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Thanks for the support guys. I just realized. Today is the 7th year my father passed during hurricane Sandy. Going trick or treating at the mall with S2 later and XW since its raining. After this though I'm gone and done doing family functions. I need to heal. Done being treated like a stranger after 12 years who's only purpose is to fill joint parental time for special occasions. I will make my own special occasions with S2 from here on out. Requested mediation resume after a few weeks I get settled before T giving.

U
U
Hey IHC - Like others have said, focus on doing "the next thing" as best as you can.

My experience this summer was that the first couple days of the move were so busy I didn't have time for emotions to set in. A week or two later is when things started to hit me harder. I'm 4 months gone now and still working on making it feel like a home, but it does get better. It just takes some time. Hang in there.

D
DS9 Offline
D
Hey ih how you doing buddy? How’s the move going? Keep us posted!

Looking forward to some sagacious commentary from you too about your musings on moving to a new place!

I
IHCLACS Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Morning. Thanks boys for the support it means a lot. It's going to be just fine :-) I'm a little worried about the XW. She's hurting bad. Will update later tonight after I get settled.

Last edited by IHCLACS; 11/02/19 10:15 AM.
D
DS9 Offline
D
Ok mate sounds good! Use good lifting techniques

Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis