Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
D
DnJ Offline
D
Hello Tad

I was wondering how getting the apartment kitten ready was going. Sounds like it’s all set. Tuesday’s going to exciting!

Feeling for you buddy. I’m glad you threw out the old emails, you’re right - you don’t need those around.

With today being what would have been 34 years, it is understandable you are reminiscing. A stroll down memory lane to dates and early years. A nice visit, keep it short, you don’t want to turn a wee stroll into a huge hike.

I’m looking forward to hearing about your kittens. Do you have names in mind? Or going to see if something “fits” them?

Take care Tad

DnJ

Last edited by DnJ; 08/31/19 03:59 AM.

Feelings are fleeting.
Be better, not bitter.
Love the person, forgive the sin.
B
B
Originally Posted by tadpole1025

It's been a couple of weird days. The other night while I was going through some things in my apartment to get ready for the kittens, I found a few emails that I kept from XW that were written around the time she left. Boy, I had forgotten how mean she was towards me...I mean REALLY FREAKING mean. I had forgotten some of it and was just dumbfounded by not just her anger, but her coldness. So very cold. Or, maybe I'm just seeing it with new eyes now that I've changed and so much time has gone by? It's hard to imagine that someone who said all those terrible things and treated me the way she did, someone who was so cold actually loved me at one point. What happened?

oh, boy can I relate. I ask that question about my exh too.

Anyways, I threw them out. Don't want to read them again and wish I hadn't found them.

Still kind of hurts though.

Even after all this time.

Wish I knew what happened to the wonderful girl I fell in love with. I can still look back at the times we had early in our marriage or when we were dating. Seems like a lifetime ago. The memories are there, but they are starting to fade I'm afraid.

yes. yes. yes. and boy do I wish I knew what happened to the guy I married. I miss him. He's vastly different from the guy who divorced me.

Also, today would have been our 34th wedding anniversary. THIRTY FOUR YEARS. It's funny, if she hadn't jumped on the crazy train, I'd still be there.

{{{{{{{Tad}}}}}}}

yeah, i'd still be there too. miserable, but hanging on. our 25th wedding anniversary was in July and the 30th anniversary of our first date in June. We were a couple who still celebrated our first date. When I think about it ... well, it's better not to do that.

p.s. you're going to be a wonderful furbaby daddy

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
bttrfly #2863650 08/31/19 01:44 PM
job Offline
Tad,

You are going to be the best fur daddy! You will love those little babies and they will provide you with lots of joy and company. One thing, if you have windows in your apartment that you can open, open them from the top. Those little kitties can squeeze themselves in spots that you never could imagine. Watch the wires on your lamps and computer, etc. They may think that they are toys...but if you have some little toys for them, they should keep them busy in their new forever home.

Can't wait to see photos and what you have decided to name them.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
T
OP Offline
T
Thanks DnJ, Bttrfly and Job.

I've been really down the last few days. Hope it's just the time of year. This is usually a bad time of year for me.

Bttrfly, yeah, best not to think about it.

As for the kitties, my friend told me the other day that I need them as much as they need me. I think she might be right. I'm really missing PJ and actually caught myself the other night looking for him on my patio.

Tuesday is adoption day.

DnJ, no names yet. I'm going to get to know them first.

Job, I've already got a lot of toys for them. Still wonder if I'm doing the right thing though.

For those who don't know, I'm a wildlife fanatic and a HUGE Bald Eagle fan. There is a Bald Eagle family that I watch via live webcam in Northeast Florida. Sooooo worried about them with the hurricane. They are near Jacksonville. They are smart and know to get out of the way of the hurricane, but I worry about their tree. A few years ago, trees next to their's were snapped. I just worry about them and all of the wildlife. Seems like if it's not wildfires, it's storms....

Sorry for the rant.

frown

Currently:
M 56 XW 57
Sons 38,33,31,29

The Sitch:
Married 26 years
EA w/ OM 9/10
Bomb 10/10 (5 weeks after 25th anniversary)
Sep 12/10
She wants D 1/11
W files 5/11
D final 10/11
XW marries OM 6/13
A
A
Oh. And "the best" cat toy is a plan everyday cardboard box.

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
AndrewP #2863736 09/01/19 08:02 PM
job Offline
I agree w/the cardboard box. They also like paper bags.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
D
DnJ Offline
D
And they love a giant screen plasma TV at least 65 inch. Also a Play Station 4, a 7.1 surround sound system, a VR system, and ... hold on ... nope ... that’s us dudes play stuff ... not the cats.

You know what - you get all that stuff and give the cats the boxes. That’ll work. smile

DnJ

Feelings are fleeting.
Be better, not bitter.
D
DnJ Offline
D
Hi Tad

Did you get the kittens?

DnJ

Feelings are fleeting.
Be better, not bitter.
B
B
Yes, what about the kittens! Two kittens, so much fun! I have a rescued mother/son combination...

Me: 57 H:60
Married: 25 yrs
DB #1 June 4/19
"I love you forever" June 14/19
DB#2: June 19/19 ILYBINILWY
T
OP Offline
T
smile

Hi everyone.

Yes, I did get the kittens. They are wonderful. Two little 10 week old females from the same litter. One is all black and the other is calico. They have already added some fun and love to the apartment. Woke up this morning and they were both cuddled up right next to me. They don't like some of the noises in the apartment, but overall, they had a very good first night. Both ate some food and have used the litter box.

They are going to keep me busy and entertained. Feel like I may have a purpose again. It was seeming bleak for a while.

Don't have much time right now, but will come back and fill everyone in.

Oh, and I kept PJ's initials. I named the black one "Piper" and the calico "Jazz."

Tad

Currently:
M 56 XW 57
Sons 38,33,31,29

The Sitch:
Married 26 years
EA w/ OM 9/10
Bomb 10/10 (5 weeks after 25th anniversary)
Sep 12/10
She wants D 1/11
W files 5/11
D final 10/11
XW marries OM 6/13
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard