Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
G
G
I’m very sorry for your loss. You did the right thing by having your ex and children come over and say their goodbyes . Losing a pet is never easy.

My ex has one of our dogs. I had the other who died in my arms, so he never got the chance to say goodbye. He’s 15 and on his last legs.he has to lived with me in 9 years, but I love him. I imagine my ex will give me the chance to say my goodbyes when the time comes. My dad has his brother and he put him down this year. My dad and his wife loved that dog like a child, but they felt relief too. Since that dog was my ex’s idea for my dad for Father’s Day, I told him it was happening and he was sad.

L
L
Sorry to hear buddy. Take care and stay strong.

D
D

I'm so sorry. It's difficult to lose a furry friend.

T
OP Offline
T
Thanks everyone.....it wasnt as emotional as our first dog and while the girls got emotional the xw was not overly upset. I guess that means we are all moving on with our lives you know? While it is sad, I am looking forward to more freedom and not having do dog proof the house before I leave for work, etc. So I am looking forward to that. I know my girls want a dog but the only way that would happen is if the dog went with them between houses and I dont think the xw would sign up for that. Anyway, I hope you all have a good weekend.

Married 14, Together 17
M: 44, W: 43, D: 8, D: 6
M: 46, W: 45. D: 10. D: 8 (CUR)
Bomb Dropped: 5/28/2017
Separation Date: 6/17/2017
Divorce Filed: 2/7/2018
Divorce Final: 4/12/2018
M
M
Hey J - sorry to hear about the dog. Glad to hear that the girls got to say goodbye. Hope you are able to have a good weekend.

No one is coming to save you!

T
OP Offline
T
Thanks M...I am doing good, it was a little weird this morning waking up by myself but I will get used to it! How are you? Starting dating yet?

Married 14, Together 17
D
D
Sorry for your loss, but glad your girls got to say goodbye.

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
N
N
Sending hugs for you and the girls!

WW H(me): 53
W: 48
T: 27 M: 22
S: 18
Piecing since 03/2016
Saw the light in the storm
M
M
Hope you had a good weekend J! I'm sure it's different waking up without your dog and as life has it, we learn to live in the new normal. Haven't taken the dating plunge yet. Still trying to sort out some things in life and it's taking longer than I had imagined. I don't feel this rush to get out there yet and so I am doing good. I am hoping by the end of the year the skies will clear and 2020 will be the year to start dating. Will keep y'all posted on it.

No one is coming to save you!

T
OP Offline
T
Thanks all, everyone is doing fine. It is really nice not having a dog around, the first time in 16 years. Had an enjoyable weekend, it went by really fast but it was very fun. Friday night the Dr. and I went out to her ranch, cooked out, had some adult beverages and just chilled. We had a storm go through that dropped the temperature into the low 70's so it was a very nice evening. She also won an award for the Best Of Our County so we celebrated that as well. Saturday I went to the gym and did our own things in the afternoon but then Saturday evening we had a dinner party to go to at one of her Dr. friends house. Ended up playing some games, did a couple shots of tequila so I had a little bit of a headache the next morning. Sunday morning the Drs kid was selling popcorn for Boy Scouts at Lowes so I went up there and bought some from him and then I ended up getting the girls early so we went out on the boat for about 8 hours, got burnt, drank way too much and the Dr. came over later that night after we got home. Her sister is in town so they all went out with their mom and celebrated her sister's birthday. It was just a family thing. Then yesterday we took all 3 kids to a water park in town and hung out for about 4 hours. It was fun but her son is still kind of annoying. He wants to control everything, wants it his way, cries when he doesn't get his way, and wants everything on his terms. Him and my girls get along quite fine but my girls mostly play each other and he is off doing his own thing. The Dr. and I hang together in a group, my girls are content just being around us but he wants to go off, do his own thing and hopes everyone follows him. He just constantly picks and prods for attention and he is pretty immature. He is very smart though. At times I think he wants to be rough and tumble but when I try to be that way with him he gets upset because it's not on his terms. He wants to take your hat, push you under a water fall or jump on your back but when you try to do anything with him he gets upset, cries, and tells you to stop. Not sure what that's all about but it's annoying.

I guess it's a good thing that both of us are completely content dating right now because I think it will be very challenging for him if he is not the center of attention. If our R progressed into something more.

My dad and stepmom are in town this week staying at my house, I gave them my king and I am sleeping in the spare bedroom so I slept like crap last night. This is going to be a long day!

Married 14, Together 17
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard