Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12
T
OP Offline
T
I guess it has been a few days so I will update. I have had the girls this week so my time has been spent doing that dad thing, packing lunches, shuffling to school, making dinners, driving to soccer practice, homework, etc. Have not seen the Dr since Monday but we talk several times throughout the day, always text good morning and goodnight as well. This morning she told me she misses me terribly....yeah baby! Tonight I am taking her out to dinner with my girls, nothing fancy, probably Chili's for some bottomless chips and salsa along with a few adult beverages. Not sure if she will spend the night or not. My oldest has a soccer game tomorrow morning and then some good friends are taking the girls to a water park tomorrow during the day and then they are spending the night with them tomorrow as the Dr. and I are going downtown to see the Smashing Pumpkins. We are going down early tomorrow, hit a few breweries, and get some dinner before. We also got a hotel room so we wouldn't have to drive home. Then Sunday is Sunday and back to work again next week.

I found out my boss might be leaving and he pulled me aside last week and told me that his boss asked if he would recommend me for his position. Of course my boss recommended me so I might have an opportunity for a promotion so that would be cool.

Other than that just hitting the gym, playing basketball, and just doing my thing. Things are really good at the moment, work has been stressful but my personal life, my girls, the Dr. and all of that is really good. I feel very calm and at peace where I am happy. Very thankful and very blessed.

Married 14, Together 17
M: 44, W: 43, D: 8, D: 6
M: 46, W: 45. D: 10. D: 8 (CUR)
Bomb Dropped: 5/28/2017
Separation Date: 6/17/2017
Divorce Filed: 2/7/2018
Divorce Final: 4/12/2018
G
G
So jealous! Smashing pumpkins was supposed to be my first concert ever! But then a drug OD cancelled the concert. I was so upset.

Have fun. Things sound great.

T
OP Offline
T
It should be awesome, the original band outside of Darcy. Jimmy was the one that OD'd. My favorite band of all time. It will be interesting as the Dr. is not a huge music person but she told me she will go wherever as long as it is with me...…..bahaaaaaaa!

Married 14, Together 17
G
G
That woman thinks you are a diety! That’s got to feel good.

Nice that you embrace it rather than running like a chicken sh!t from it

D
D
Originally Posted by TBSakaJ9
It should be awesome, the original band outside of Darcy. Jimmy was the one that OD'd. My favorite band of all time. It will be interesting as the Dr. is not a huge music person but she told me she will go wherever as long as it is with me...…..bahaaaaaaa!

I KNEW she had to have a flaw somewhere....not a huge music person. LOL

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
T
OP Offline
T
Yes....she thinks I am THE MAN!! She treats me like a king! I didn't run because I knew what I had and it was just a matter of me getting used to it. That's why I tell you G your M will regret it as he will never find anyone like you. He just was not mature enough to realize it and work through it.

The Dr. and I at the core are the same but our interests are different. I am the jock, she is the nerd. I listen to Metallica while she listens to Christian. That said she is very far from being that type of person. I mean she is the ultimate contradiction. If people only knew.

Married 14, Together 17
G
G
I’ve seen 6 Metallica concerts. One thing my ex and I enjoyed together was our rock/metal music. He’s even invited me to concerts with his recently, but I really don’t want to go on a date with my married ex husband. His wife listens to Taylor Swift. They are complete opposites, but she worships him. So I guess it works.

T
OP Offline
T
It's Delicate...………………...

Married 14, Together 17
T
OP Offline
T
The weekend was fun and the concert was hot but a blast. On Friday night my youngest had a sleepover so I took my oldest out to dinner, then the dr. came over after for a bit. Saturday my oldest had a soccer game in the morning and then I took her and my youngest over to a friends house to spend the night. The Dr. and I got downtown around 1:30 then hit up a couple of local breweries, got tipsy and almost passed out in the hotel room before the concert. We rallied though, had dinner at the sports bar in the hotel and made it over to the concert around 8:30. The timing was actually really perfect as the Pumpkins went on around 9:30 so we were not out baking in the sun. The concert was awesome however once we got back to the hotel we were so hot, and tired we just passed out. Sunday morning we woke up, went and had brunch and then went home. Yesterday afternoon we went out on the boat and the Dr. came out with her son so I took him out on the Jetski and he was smiling ear to ear. Back to work today and I am kid free so I am looking forward to some down time. I will see the dr. on Tuesday night and then not until Friday.

Not much has changed with us as things are really boring. There is no drama, we haven't fought yet, but I don't feel like I am doing things or giving in on things that would cause resentment to build up that would make us fight. Truthfully the only thing that is kind of annoying is her son just in the way he acts. Outside of school and Cub Scouts he really hasn't made any friends to have play dates with so all he knows is getting his own way. When he doesn't get his way or someone doesn't go along with what he wants to do he can't handle it and gets upset.

I am starting to see different sides of her as well especially recently due to some job stuff she is dealing with and how she handles. She is very frugal, not emotional, she is not one of those peppy, cheerleader types, that is a chatty Cathy, social life of the party.. She is very matter of fact, very clinical, very honest and that has caused some unhappiness at her practice with some of the people that work for her. Her attitude is I am the Dr. and if you don't like get the F out because I am not changing, it's my practice. I have had to give her some things to think about, obviously she asked for my opinion but while true it might not be the best way to handle your team.

So I guess some of the newness is wearing off, I will meet her sister this weekend, her mom next month along with her xh. She has still not met my parents but that probably won't happen until the holidays. I had a friend ask me yday if the R was serious, asked me if I loved her, if we had plans to move in with each other, and followed up with (Like your XW), then asked if I was attracted to her. It kind of torqued me a little bit because I felt like they were comparing and contrasting. I do love the Dr. but I don't love her like my XW. That love was naďve and innocent. I don't think I will ever love that way again or at least not for a long time. Yes I am attracted but it's not a slow and subtle attraction not this OMFG I am speechless sort of thing. The Dr. is a sweet, kind, and caring person who is very attractive but I am way more attracted to her inside, who she is as a person, than I am her outward physical appearance.

I guess that's it not much else is going on in the world of J9.

Married 14, Together 17
K
kml Offline
K
Her attitude is I am the Dr. and if you don't like get the F out because I am not changing, it's my practice. I have had to give her some things to think about, obviously she asked for my opinion but while true it might not be the best way to handle your team.

Oh yeah, she can't be doing that. It's a sorry stereotype of the awful doctor boss. I think many women as bosses don't feel quite confident in themselves and so become more obnoxious to their workers because of their own insecurity.

It takes a lot of time and effort to train employees and an attitude like that will mean lots of employee turnover and that's costly. You don't want to be a pushover either but you do need to make your business a happy place to work at if you want to keep good employees,

Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard