Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
U
U
... the less horse-trading, the better...

L
LillyL Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Journaling~~

I just sent H an email stating that I decided it would be better for everyone if he didn't stay in the family home when he comes into town.

It feels uncomfortable, but I'm glad it is done.

D
D
Good for you Lilly!!! Glad you are feeling good about it. It will be for the best in the long run. (((HUGS)))

L
LillyL Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I know he saw it, he replied "ok."

Time to move forward!

U
U
Originally Posted by LillyL
I know he saw it, he replied "ok."

Time to move forward!

Exactly! I have no doubt there is some emotional trigger there. Just recognize it and move on with your day... you just handled your business in a calm respectful way. Well done

L
LillyL Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I feel torn, like I did the wrong thing, but also that hopefully this will put things into perspective for him + the kids.

The validation is nice! Thank you!!

U
U
I feel torn, like I did the wrong thing

I think it's normal to feel guilty when standing up for yourself, especially if it doesn't come naturally.

but also that hopefully this will put things into perspective for him + the kids.

Ignore any expectation of the outcome with your H. It will help you detach (and also help with the guilt).

The more you can find your own center, and ignore what he is thinking or how he will react, the more confident you will be and the easier this will all become. Obviously you can choose whether and how to take his needs into account. And note that none of that necessarily means you are creating conflict. You may find yourself making decisions that align with your H's needs, but they are coming from your own center and your own values.

Personally I think it's healthier for the kids to see the change. It would be more confusing for them to see you two in the same house.

The validation is nice! Thank you!!
Haha yeah just paying it forward. This forum pulled me out of a dark place a few months back.

L
LillyL Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Okay quick thoughts...

After I laid out the boundary with H about not staying in my home he says okay... then nothing last night also no contact today.

The kids haven’t mentioned anything about H so I’m not going to make them call or anything like that. I feel like this is a detachment / no contact standoff...

Positive note. I’m getting back into IC next week on Wednesday.

U
U
It feels like a standoff because it feels unnatural to change how you interact with your H. Maybe you have some worry about how your H is taking it.

It truly does not matter. He could be angry or indifferent or relieved or any number of things. The less you worry about that the better. Things will feel more natural over time.

Going to IC is great...keep the focus on you!

L
LillyL Offline OP
OP Offline
L
H changed his relationship status to single on Facebook

What in the world!? I feel sick about this.

I really want to confront him about this.

Last edited by LillyL; 08/18/19 06:58 PM.
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard