Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
O
ozman Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Thanks everybody!!!

R2C there was a couple times I made contact I felt nervous doing it. Then there was a couple times it felt totally natural

In the beginning of the show I felt really confident. I did what you said. I put my hand on her back. Les her to the shirts and bought her one. I was oozing confidence for a while. Towards the end of the show I started second guessing myself. She seemed like I might be making her uncomfortable. But we were in the pit and it was really hot and crowded in there

At the end if she had a bad time she didn’t let me know it.

She woke me up this morning cause I slept over my alarm. We talked for a second. She squeezed my foot on the way by the bed in an affectionate way. She left bedroom and I thought I might have heard her say ILY. But I’m very unsure of that cause my ears are ringin so bad today.

I had a great time last night. Part of it is regardless of W. Part of it is because of her. I would be naive if I say she has zero bearing in my mood. But I have made progress in that dept.

We did have a few very close moments

I really don’t know how to categorize last night

I’m in a weird funk today. Lol. Not sad. But not happy. It’s weird.

But I’m stayin true to the new thread name. Onward and upward!

Me 32. W. 30
T 10 years M 8
S 8

Bd 5-31-19
R
R

I recommend pulling back a bit tonight. Create distance. Grab S and go to park and feed the ducks (or something like that).

"What is best for my kids is best for me"
Amor Fati
Link to quotes: https://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2879712
O
ozman Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Because?

Me 32. W. 30
T 10 years M 8
S 8

Bd 5-31-19
T
T
IMO it shows that you are cool, you got crap going on, your not just sitting around waiting for her to squeeze your foot again. Make her wonder, be a little mysterious, you have a life and it doesn't revolve around her.

You touched her last night, you initiated some contact so you back off some and give her space. Guys with options, with a life, with interests, with their crap together don't sit around and wait to be squeezed again.

Her attraction will increase for you in that space.

Married 14, Together 17
M: 44, W: 43, D: 8, D: 6
M: 46, W: 45. D: 10. D: 8 (CUR)
Bomb Dropped: 5/28/2017
Separation Date: 6/17/2017
Divorce Filed: 2/7/2018
Divorce Final: 4/12/2018
O
ozman Offline OP
OP Offline
O
I might have goofed up. Her sister and her husband were at concert too. Her sisters husband is one of my best friends. I kinda spilled the beans to him last night. Didn’t mean to it just came out. He promised he wouldn’t say anything. Him and his wife (my Ws sister) are having MAJOR problems.

Ws sister told her last night she needed to talk to her. Hope it’s not about what I told him. He got really drunk last night

Sigh

Me 32. W. 30
T 10 years M 8
S 8

Bd 5-31-19
T
T
Well hopefully you didn’t tell him your strategies and that you are getting help from strangers on the Internet.

Married 14, Together 17
M: 44, W: 43, D: 8, D: 6
M: 46, W: 45. D: 10. D: 8 (CUR)
Bomb Dropped: 5/28/2017
Separation Date: 6/17/2017
Divorce Filed: 2/7/2018
Divorce Final: 4/12/2018
U
U
This is why I stopped having even a single drink around my W.

O
ozman Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Lol nope. Just that W and I were having issues too. He was like “we married some crazy sisters man”. Lol they have been together for 19 years

Me 32. W. 30
T 10 years M 8
S 8

Bd 5-31-19
O
ozman Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Hey guys. Hope everyone is well.

Just wanted to stop by and say thanks for all the advice the other night. It was golden advice. Nothing really to report. Just wanted to say hello. Been feelin super melancholy since concert. Things went well enough that it stirred up some stuff I was buryin. But it feels different now. More like I miss her. But there is acceptance mixed in. I look at her differently the last couple days. Been a little more pain than normal. But it’s more of a letting go pain. If that makes sense at all. Kinda like a saying goodbye type of pain. It’s really hard to describe. Maybe it’s finally acceptance. I don’t know. Gotta get done new GAL lined up. Work has been tough and school just started and S is not enjoying it lol.

Thanks

Oz

Me 32. W. 30
T 10 years M 8
S 8

Bd 5-31-19
S
S
I recommend pulling back a bit tonight. Create distance. Grab S and go to park and feed the ducks (or something like that).

Because?

Whenever there is a moment that causes positive emotions for the LBH, the WAW will often pull back the following day b/c she doesn't want him to think they are reconciling just b/c they had a moment. She doesn't want him making more of it than it really is.........so she'll pull back to remind him nothing has changed.

I think R2C was telling you to pull back a little, to show that you aren't phased by the playful actions from your W, or that you enjoyed a concert together. It is a way to protect your own emotions, instead of "watching" her to see how she's going to act.

You may experience these type of emotions several times. It seems whenever the LBH has a day where his emotions run high (and especially if he feels a boost of hope), invariably, it will be followed by a period of feeling "down". It doesn't mean anything expect that it's emotions, and you have to keep them balanced as much as possible.

Instead of trying to analyze what all this means, just follow R2C's advice and get busy. Remember, pulling back does not mean to act cold, sullen, mad. You just don't hoover over her, sit and watch her, etc. You GAL.

It is not about what you feel should work in your M. It is about doing the work that gets the right results. Do what works!
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard