Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
K
kml Offline
K
As for this:
you do not show ( action ) love by leaving

Just want to say that it wasn't her moving out that was the problem- it was her ending the relationship.

If she had moved out to attend to her grandchild obligations and/or because you guys moved in together too soon but still wanted to continue the relationship and had said so, that would be a completely different story. But she made it clear she was ending the relationship as well, correct?

job Offline
Andrew,

Time for a new thread. Turn the page and start a new chapter.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
A
AndrewP Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Thanks job as always.

Westo's question about the title of my new thread had me to think furiously. A trivial question perhaps but one that shapes my thinking as I diary here.

My new thread
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2860914&#Post2860914
From Ushant to Scilly 'tis thirty-five leagues

If you want to know what the heck I'm talking about, you'll have to click the link wink

------------

A fairly good day here. No contact from B which is undoubtedly good. I need to make sure I don't contact her.

I had my old Corolla - Rocinante (again obscure reference) in to have her oil changed this morning and to have the clunk in her forward port side diagnosed. It turns out that the shocks there are now leaking which also explains the increased motion I get over bumps. The repair would be about $1500 which pushes me over the line for a new car. She will still run along fine and be safe and if as usual I avoid bumps things will work along. I have my salesman looking at a new Toyota C-HR for me. The pricing and budget are on point, but as I told him, each month without a car payment is a good month. We'll see if any special deals come up but I do expect that I'll have a new car which will need a new name before snow flies - and yes - that's a time-stamp here in Ontario.

The dealer offered me about $100 for the old girl but agreed that I will get far more doing it privately.

While doing my errands I did mention to FSL that I am currently single again which caused her to do some quick math in her head about how long the relationship with B was. Her number was 3 months which I didn't dispute. She was as gob-smacked as I was about the superficial reasons for B leaving because as everyone knows, B knew that I had a big house, didn't want to move and had cats well before she moved in.

It's sad in some ways on how easy it has been to put the house back to the way it was. The queen sized pillows with their inexpensive bamboo cases have been put away replaced by the smaller pillows with the embroidered cotton cases. The whole set of bamboo sheets that B purchased have in fact been put away as guest sheets. They were very inexpensive and light and the high thread-count cotton sheets I've been using since my divorce are now the standards.

"The girls" are glorying in their access to the laundry room and Liz was nervous but happy on the bed this afternoon after knocking last week's roses down. They'll certainly enjoy getting back to their usual luxuriating in the MBR tomorrow while I do the ironing.

I'm healing. As I told a good friend earlier today. This is a process, it's not an event. I do love B. I'd like to believe that she loves me too. The relationship didn't work out for quite a number of reasons.

Since my preferred direction is sailing to windward, "tack ho!". Off sheets, tacks and braces. Stand By. Haul all away!

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard