Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12
K
kml Offline
K
That's extremely thoughtful of her. She's definitely a keeper I think! Smart, self-sufficient, good in bed and thoughtful and caring - I kinda think you hit the jackpot. I realize it can be a bit disconcerting since you dated so little after your divorce, but don't look a gift horse in the mouth - you still need time but it's going well so far!

T
OP Offline
T
That's kind of what i have told myself all along because I knew very early on she was a keeper and I would be a fool to walk away. It has been a bit of a struggle because I don't think I was truly ready for it but lucky for me she wasn't either. She flat out told me that she is very good about dismissing people, it is what she is good at and fought her own urges to self-sabotage our R. She told me it scared the $hit out of her because she could not come up with a reason to dismiss me. Lucky for us both that we were on the same page.

We see each other more and more every week. The only day this week I have not seen her is Monday even though on the days I have seen her it really isn't quality time. It's at the gym, the gym parking lot, picking up the girls last night to take them shopping, stuff like that. We are going out tomorrow night for my birthday with the kids, then Saturday night is kid free for the both of us and all next week as well so we technically have all week together.

My feelings grow as I get more comfortable. She is also the polar opposite of my XW so I am getting out of my 17 year comfort zone. It's not easy learning someone that is completely different than what you have been used to for most of your adult life. A much easier transition would have been to be with someone that was a close representation of my XW.

So for now I just continue to do my thing and enjoy life. School starts in three weeks for my girls and in two weeks I am taking them on a little min-vacation to a resort on a lake about 2 hours from here. We are going with some friends and their kids, the Dr. will also be joining us.

Soccer season starts as well!!

Married 14, Together 17
M: 44, W: 43, D: 8, D: 6
M: 46, W: 45. D: 10. D: 8 (CUR)
Bomb Dropped: 5/28/2017
Separation Date: 6/17/2017
Divorce Filed: 2/7/2018
Divorce Final: 4/12/2018
G
G
Happy birthday! Enjoy it with the ones you love!

T
OP Offline
T
Thanks G we had a lot of fun. The dr made it really special, made me a cake, brought all the plates, plastic forks, etc. And she really fit right in with my friends. She made a nice FB post on my wall, wrote me a really sweet card and got me this really cool watch and a few other things. Then when we got home she got books out and started reading them to the girls before their bed time. I was just really amazed.

Married 14, Together 17
J
J
Happy birthday! Dr seems really thoughtful and considerate and it sounds like you guys are forming a healthy relationship with each partner capable of giving.

In the beginning, it seemed like you (and many other men) placed value on the types of women that were more demanding, unstable, and liked to insight drama, jealousy, and insecurity. For some reason the challenge that goes along with these women makes them appear more valuable even when they are not as educated, intelligent, or as physically attractive

Usually it’s the men with ulterior motives that are the ones that know to seek out women that are capable of love and kindness but also have the other physical attributes. (And vice versa)

So I’m really rooting for the two of you

M: 42
H: 43
Twins age 5
WAH in summer
T
OP Offline
T
Thanks J.....the dr is really a great person and I am starting to find the more healthy way of being attracted to her vs my normal bau ways that I had with my Xw.

She is so feminine and so submissive, sweet, kind, etc. and those qualities are really starting to take over for me in how I think towards her and my attraction levels. I am in no rush though. We went to church together yesterday and that was really nice. I had her over to my house for dinner last night and we watched a movie which was really cool. I told her how much I really liked the watch she got me and she told me She was glad and every time I look at it that it should be a reminder of how much she loves me.

She still has not met my parents however in September I will be meeting all of her family at her sons birthday party even her xh. That should be interesting.

Married 14, Together 17
T
OP Offline
T
Not much going on this week. My daughters are out in Cali for the week with their mom visiting her family. The XW texted me on Sunday morning to let me know they arrived ok but I have not heard from her since that time. They are up in SF and I assume are having a great time! I am happy they get to go, kind of bumbed that the XW hasn't sent me a picture of the girls and them having fun but I realize she doesn't have to and this is part of D.

I also resisted the temptation to make some comment to my XW about how it must be nice to afford to take them places like Cali. I guess that child support is real nice. I know, I know.....just venting, slightly!

In other news I see the Dr. almost daily now even if only for a couple of minutes. We are going out with some friends of hers on Friday night, I might meet her mom in a couple of days as she needs help setting up her new TV, and I am not sure what we are doing on Saturday. I am still going to the gym, playing basketball, still get some alone time which is nice but she is increasing the frequency/requesting my involvement. She has also invited me to a couple of up-coming events she is involved with, one of which is a fund-raiser and another is a "best of" party for her practice that she is nominated for representing our County.

She confides in me quite a bit over things she is struggling with, the financial aspects, personnel aspects, etc. and really seeks out and wants my advice. She also gave me her garage code so I know I have graduated to a new level! smile I am actually really very flattered that she thinks so highly of me. It is a privilege and makes me realize how highly she thinks of me. My life is actually kind of boring compared to how many things she has going on but that is not what she values in me.

Anyway...life is really good. I am on vacation next week and am looking forward to spending it and the last week of summer with my girls.

Married 14, Together 17
D
D
Originally Posted by TBSakaJ9
I am on vacation next week and am looking forward to spending it and the last week of summer with my girls.

Last week of summer???? Huh? Is this a Texas thing? I thought summer ended like the second or third week of September? Or maybe they go back to school soon and that's what you meant? But otherwise don't depress us dude, there's still more summer to go - at least through Labor Day if not 'till late September.

DonH
Midwest
Me 56
WAW-EXW 55
Met 11/95 / Married 5/00
Bomb 6/20/05 / She Filed on 6/2/06 / Divorced on 10/9/06
4 who'd qualify as GF since D & dated about 25 women since D
T
OP Offline
T
DH is alive!!!!! It's a back to school thing. My girls start on August 13th.

Married 14, Together 17
N
N
Enjoy your time dear J9!

WW H(me): 53
W: 48