Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
L
L
Oz,

You can’t stress about every interaction.

C
C
Originally Posted by ozman

Ok guys interpret please. I thought I shouldn’t call cause that’s pressure. But she obviously wanted me to call

So now what?

No basic pursuit and distance.

You stopped pursuing her so she stopped distancing and is trying to get you to pursue her again.

Question is - will you?

Me-70, D37,S36
S
S
Cadet's question is a good one. Most LBSs get over confident and pursue right away when their WAS stops distancing. Guess what happens when they pursue again? Their WAS starts distancing again.

Remember, when she wants to come back to the marriage you will know. When she doesn't, you will be confused.

M(53), W(54),D(19)
M-23, T-25 Bomb Drop - Dec.23, 2017
Ring and Piecing since March 2018
B
B
The most important thing is that you continue to make your positive changes regardless of how she responds. This gives you the best shot of "fixing" the relationship in the long run. Because over time, as she sees your consistency, she can trust that your changes are real and lasting. That is when she will start to rethink her M with you. For some people that can take many weeks or even months. For some, it takes years. That is why we keep telling you that you have to give this a long time and be patient. I think you can do it. So try not to stress over every detail and what is right or wrong with DBing, and just focus on being the best man you can be. It is almost that simple.

Blu

“Forgiveness liberates the soul. It removes fear. That is why it is such a powerful weapon.” – Nelson Mandela
O
ozman Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Ok will do.

Question just because I want to know.

Why would W want me to pursue her if she doesn’t want to come back yet? Seems strange

Me 32. W. 30
T 10 years M 8
S 8

Bd 5-31-19
T
T
Originally Posted by Ozman
Why would W want me to pursue her if she doesn’t want to come back yet? Seems strange

Hi Ozman, I remember you haven't had many relationships. I like it when ex's pursue because it means I have options, safeties, fallbacks. Your wife's reasons, of course, could be totally different.

A
A
IMPORTANT PLEASE!

W was not home when I got here. She had S with her. I DBd and didn’t call her. Just got to work in the yard, perfect right?

She calls about 40 min later

Me, hello?
Her, hey, what’s up?
Me, diggen a hole for post. What’s up?
Her, oh well you could’ve called. I’ve just been setting over here at Sisters house after picking up S
Me o well I wasn’t trying to bug you
Her ok well we were watching a movie and I was starting to doze. What you want for dinner
Me hmm I dunno. Salad? Burgers?
Her ok well I’ll head that way

Ok guys interpret please. I thought I shouldn’t call cause that’s pressure. But she obviously wanted me to call

So now what?

Oz, that's not important. It means nothing. You've really got to quit trying to read meaning into every little interaction that happens. She didn't "obviously" want you to call. Don't call, don't pursue, don't be needy.

Me: 60 w/ S18, D24, D27

M: 21 years; BD: 06-14-12; S: 09-10-12; D final: 03-17-14; XW:57
O
ozman Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Yup. My W is my first love

Things starting to seem back to normal except for lack of intamacy.

Mornings seem hard. That’s when sadness is the worst. It’s amazing. Yesterday I’m like boom I got this imma work on me!!

This morning. BOOM your life is falling apart remember? come back to reality

Me 32. W. 30
T 10 years M 8
S 8

Bd 5-31-19
A
A

Nothing changed between yesterday and today except your PERCEPTION. Every time she throws you a bone you run over and grab it up and assume recon is just around the corner or maybe already happening. Oz, DROP ALL YOUR EXPECTATIONS. You've got a very long road ahead of you, there are no shortcuts to get to the destination.

Me: 60 w/ S18, D24, D27

M: 21 years; BD: 06-14-12; S: 09-10-12; D final: 03-17-14; XW:57
S
S
Originally Posted by AnotherStander

Nothing changed between yesterday and today except your PERCEPTION. Every time she throws you a bone you run over and grab it up and assume recon is just around the corner or maybe already happening. Oz, DROP ALL YOUR EXPECTATIONS. You've got a very long road ahead of you, there are no shortcuts to get to the destination.

^^^^^^^^^THIS

Think about this.....all of the shortcuts you might be tempted to take, will get you to D sooner. Be patient. Let the process work.

REMEMBER (I am going to keep saying this until you get it): When she wants to come back to the marriage you will know. If she doesn't, you will be confused.

M(53), W(54),D(19)
M-23, T-25 Bomb Drop - Dec.23, 2017
Ring and Piecing since March 2018
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard