Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12
G
G
I’m afraid I dealt with a doctor like that yesterday. And I asked him “ do want what’s better for your patient or do want what’s best for your ego?” Nurses and staff do NOT like to feel like they are less than because they don’t have MD behind their name. Patients also get better care when you are respected and work collaboratively. I used to do anything to avoid doctors like that and I worked well with the doctors who respected me as a nurse. I wasn’t afraid to work with them or tell them what the patients need. Patients have better outcomes that way. I worked with a doctor who is very friendly with her while office staff and she has kept them for years. And she is a she. A strong she. Which has built her a practice that is trusted and respected. I have also saved a few doctors Butts before. And they have appreciated it.

That being said. Boring sounds good. All I ever wanted was boring. And as for her son, well..... we all know boys mature at at a slower rate. Hopefully he will catch up soon. He probably doesn’t have much friends because of the way he acts, and when it begins to become about friends, he might change his tune. I’m learning middle school works that way.

K
kml Offline
K
Btw - my office uses an HR company to pay our employees. They handle all the paychecks, keep us up to date on regulations, and give us HR support when there are employee issues. It's worth every penny.

T
OP Offline
T
She has a payroll service not sure if they handle hr issues though. I think she is learning the hard way as some of the stuff that comes out of her mouth I am like whoa. She essentially told her staff that as the dr. her patients come to see her not them and if anyone has a problem with what she says to a patient they shouldn’t worry about it because if the patient doesn’t like her then they won’t come back. She also told her MA who is also her BF that she shouldn’t complain about not getting a raise because she hasn’t taken a paycheck in 9 months. I was like hey you can’t say that. She was like well it’s true and I told her that might be the case but no one wants to hear that. They don’t care about your sacrifices......smh.

Married 14, Together 17
M: 44, W: 43, D: 8, D: 6
M: 46, W: 45. D: 10. D: 8 (CUR)
Bomb Dropped: 5/28/2017
Separation Date: 6/17/2017
Divorce Filed: 2/7/2018
Divorce Final: 4/12/2018
T
OP Offline
T
Oh and just to add.......I can tell she still holds a lot of resentment towards her xh. She makes a lot of statements like I bought this or paid a lot of money for that. It was never we did this or that. Granted all that is probably true as she does well for herself but that doesn’t sound like a team to me and it’s something that’s on my radar screen. It is a turnoff for me when she makes those statements.

Married 14, Together 17
K
kml Offline
K
She essentially told her staff that as the dr. her patients come to see her not them and if anyone has a problem with what she says to a patient they shouldn’t worry about it because if the patient doesn’t like her then they won’t come back

Bad attitude. First of all, the receptionist and other staff are the FACE of your practice - nothing will sink a practice faster than a receptionist with bad people skills. And if the Dr. is pissing off the patients, they won't come back. Staff trying to tell her when there is a complaint is HELPFUL information. No, you can't please everyone every time but your goal should be for most patients to fell happy and cared for when they leave. (I must say though, I suspect a spa practice like this may have more difficult patients than most, since it probably attracts more than the usual fraction of neurotic or entitled patients.)

She also told her MA who is also her BF that she shouldn’t complain about not getting a raise because she hasn’t taken a paycheck in 9 months.

Again, wrong approach. The Dr. started this business and the truth is, it takes a while to make money. That's part of the risk she took on. Her MA is not a partner in the business and deserves to get paid for her work. She's not going to get profit sharing when it takes off. If she's been working for the doctor for a year and isn't getting at least a token raise it's going to lead to an unhappy employee who doesn't feel appreciated. Even worse that she's employing someone who is her BF - that's really tricky and a potential quagmire.

Now - if the Dr. isn't turning a profit after 9 months - she may have gotten in over her head (equipment purchases, too high rent, too many staff etc.). Is she at least seeing the numbers of patients increase at a good pace? Will her finances project out once her schedule is full (minus 10-20% for cancellations)?

T
OP Offline
T
Yep, i agree and I told her as much. She is a allergist and she will clear about 150 this year after her initial investment. Next year she is projected around 350 to 400. It has been a quagmire for her although her bf just quit and I told her it was probably a blessing in disguise because this has impacted their relationship.

Married 14, Together 17
K
kml Offline
K
she will clear about 150 this year after her initial investment.

What does this mean? That she will be paying herself $50k/month the last three months of the year even though she hasn't paid herself a salary for 9 months? Or that she is doing something funny with the math to convince herself that she's making a "profit" of $150k even though she's not?

I mean, if she's making $150k this year she should be able to pay her MA a $1 and hour raise, especially if she anticipates that big bump in profit next year. It probably is for the best that her friend quit but she needs to figure out how to be a better boss going forward.I practice with one other physician and we have a small office - 3 employees. We're not problem free but our turnover rate is very low.

G
G
These medical assistants make next to nothing $15 an hour if they are lucky. And the doctor is crying because she doesn’t take home a pay check when she’s going to clear that much? I think it would be better for their friendship if she went to another office.

Her resentment with her ex lies in the money she spent on him? Was her ex spending all their money? Or did she chose to buy him nice things?

What went wrong in her marriage again? He wasn’t very motivated? I can see that as a turn off, it is for me, although I typically date guys who make less money than me, but do have careers and are motivated. Do you think she had a “I’m better than you, I am a doctor and make more money “ complex with her husband? Perhaps he felt less than?

Also a random question. You say she is very clinical and unemotional. But is sweet kind and loving and has a good heart. They seem like
Opposite traits. How is she with her son? Is the the mothering nurturing type, or very clinical and unemotional with him?

T
OP Offline
T
She had to pay her former practice 75k so technically not 150 bring home. I think she paid herself 20k last month. Her MA is also her office manager and she makes around 55 per year. That was her best friend that just quit.

The resentment I think is more with the fact he didnt have a job, and was really not a contributing member to their family. He also couldnt get an erection so then there was that ad well. I think she felt like she had to do it all and maybe that had jaded her in some ways. She also said he was very careless with money. She is not an emotional person I think is the best way to put it.

When it comes to me she is kind and sweet. I dont think her marriage had a lot of love or passion in it. She is a good mom but is not the the type that caudles or makes a big deal about boo boos, etc. She is more of the suck it up and that's not a reason to cry person.

Married 14, Together 17
G
G
Us moms in the medical profession don’t react to a boo boo unless a limb is missing or they are bleeding all over the place. It drives my daughter nuts.

Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard