Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
W
W
Wonderful update from you Gordie,

Your explanation is spot on. We both are the exception rather than the rule here (regarding reconciliation) and I believe the common denominator is that we both gave them the time and space to go on their journey while also giving ourselves the same.

Last edited by Westo; 07/24/19 01:44 PM.
G
G
Wonderful update. Just what I needed to read today, as I believe my H could be hitting rock bottom. It reminds me I need to be careful to not rush the process. I am lovingly showing compassion for his pain, and letting him sort through his intense turmoil he recently has expressed to me. Thanks for the uplifting update.

M: 56
H: 57
S: 22
D: 20

H Moved out: 10/1/18
B
B
Thank you Gordie-I've read some of your back threads. This is inspiring to me, and I am using it as my inspiration to keep giving my H the space he has requested. It's his journey, and my journey is now just my journey. Hopefully roads intersect again in the future. You are a lighthouse!

Me: 57 H:60
Married: 25 yrs
DB #1 June 4/19
"I love you forever" June 14/19
DB#2: June 19/19 ILYBINILWY
S
SBJ Offline
S
Gord, I'm glad to hear such a positive update and you are totally right when you say that we have to let them go thru what they "have" to go thru. You sound as if things are going well.

How are the kids relating to you two getting on better?

Me 49 W46
T25 M22
S22 D18 S13
W had EA Apr-Jul 2016
Dropped Bomb 7/9/16
ILYBINILWYA
HER DIVORCE IS FINAL...8/18/17
Dropping the rope to SURVIVE & THRIVE!!!
S
S
Glad to hear from you, Gordie! And glad that things are going well! It's been a long road, and you have been traveling it well.

#teamgordie

Me: 45 yrs
W: 43 yrs
Together: 20 yrs
Married: 15 yrs
Son: 19 yrs
Daughter: 18 yrs
BD: Jan 2017
G
Gordie Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Job westo grace barb SBJ sjohn6: Thanks for all the well wishes.

One more thing to encourage you. I recently met an man a few decades my senior and we got to talking. Without my prompting, he started telling me about his marriage. He shared his w went through a crisis and blamed him for everything and they divorced shortly thereafter. They had small children and they remained friendly but he moved on and started dating other women but still missed his xw. Two years after the divorce they decided to start dating again and remarried later that year. Crazy, eh?

SBJ: the kids are doing well. They are happy that we are spending more time together. They don’t talk of the past either and they observe us but do not provide commentary or ask questions.

Gordie 40s W 40s M20+ kids
2016 BD W fantasy affair w OM1 I do everything wrong
2017 I start to DB W says TLTL files for D PA w OM2
2018 I do LRT W drops filing and OM2 situation slowly improving
D
DnJ Offline
D
Hello Gordie

It’s wonderful to hear how you are doing and how things are working out.

I am very happy for you my friend.

DnJ

Feelings are fleeting.
Be better, not bitter.
Love the person, forgive the sin.
B
B
good for you Gordie! it's been a long road for you. xoxoxo

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
B
B
That was a great update Gordie

You are a role model on how to handle a spouse in crisis.

Well done and totally deserved.

M:46 WXW:40
T:20 M:13
D3,D8,D10
BD:11/12/16
D:12/14/16
OM confirmed 01/20/17
G
G
Gordie, it is always such a lift when you visit the boards and tell us how you are. I am so glad that how you are right now is deep into restoration. How beautiful that your patience was rewarded in this way -- and how wonderful that the reward can come to your kids and your W too.

Joel

Originally Posted by Gordie
When I stopped blaming myself for everything and seeing myself as the victim is when I was able to start healing and finding the power from above and within to move forward.

I am wondering about what you say here. What I am struggling with lately is the realization that my own wound has been and still is driving me-- that I feel that I was somehow bad, that I deserve this, that I have to frantically try to show everyone -- H, his mother, the friend who is paying for his D, etc. -- that I am the good one, that I didn't do anything wrong. I realize that this is a slavery and a wound that I have to heal with God's help. But to some degree, seeing myself as the victim is the first step in understanding that I am not to blame. So what do you mean by that? I know I shouldn't feel like a victim and that I should become a warrior in this spiritual battle but aren't we actually victims of something beyond our control, and don't we have to build from that point up?

Maybe this question belongs on my thread, answer either place.

Send you and your family several boatloads (container ship-size) of love.

I believe I will see the bounty of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord with courage.
Be stouthearted, and wait for the Lord.
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard