Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
R
R
Ever been to Lower Hillsborough Wilderness preserve?

"What is best for my kids is best for me"
Amor Fati
Link to quotes: https://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2879712
M
mikeyb Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by Ready2Change
Ever been to Lower Hillsborough Wilderness preserve?

I have not, but a quick Google search has me intrigued. It's only 20 mins from me. Might take my dog there this weekend and check it out!

M(32) W(30)
Together 12yrs
Married 2yrs
ILYBNILWY 11/23/18
EA Discovered 3/20/19

In House separation 11/26/18 - 11/29/18 & 1/10/19-3/20/19
W Moved out 3/20/19
M Moved out 5/31/19
W Filed for D 3/3/2020
R
R
Originally Posted by mikeyb
I have not, but a quick Google search has me intrigued. It's only 20 mins from me. Might take my dog there this weekend and check it out!
I like those GAL. Cheap and in the moment. Can't beat time with the dog.

We don't have wild alligators in Colorado..... crazy

"What is best for my kids is best for me"
Amor Fati
Link to quotes: https://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2879712
A
A
Great update Mikey! Keep it up!

Me: 60 w/ S18, D24, D27

M: 21 years; BD: 06-14-12; S: 09-10-12; D final: 03-17-14; XW:57
M
mikeyb Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by Ready2Change
I like those GAL. Cheap and in the moment. Can't beat time with the dog.

We don't have wild alligators in Colorado..... crazy

Definitely loving my time with my dog, and I'm sure he is too. The W is trying to make me get rid of him and send him to a shelter to help get me to move (and she says she cares for our pets and what happens to them, SMH). I said nope, not gonna happen.

He's the only thing in my immediate daily life that truly loves me unconditionally, he's family.

M(32) W(30)
Together 12yrs
Married 2yrs
ILYBNILWY 11/23/18
EA Discovered 3/20/19

W Moved out 3/20/19
M Moved out 5/31/19
W Filed for D 3/3/2020
M
mikeyb Offline OP
OP Offline
M
So today I had to stop by Walmart on my way home from work today to pick up some groceries and get cat food. While there I was about halfway through my grocery shopping when I noticed the W was also there with her friend and the kids. I tried to avoid them and not be seen as I didn't want the kids to see me and then I'd be forced into a conversation I didn't want. Ended up rushing my shopping, several near misses. Like NEAR misses by her being 2-3 ft away from me, luckily she wasn't looking in my direction. Got out the store and realized I had forgotten cat food. So ran back in and as I'm walking out by the registers she was right there checking out. Walked right past her and out the store. Thankfully the kids didn't see me because they would have definitely screamed my name and drawn attention to me.

Really trying to keep that 100% no-contact going as any contact right now is meaningless.

Also, got a dentist appointment set for Monday. Hopefully I can get something worked out!

Last edited by mikeyb; 04/12/19 12:44 AM.

M(32) W(30)
Together 12yrs
Married 2yrs
ILYBNILWY 11/23/18
EA Discovered 3/20/19

W Moved out 3/20/19
M Moved out 5/31/19
W Filed for D 3/3/2020
I
I
If I had to choose between the W and the dog... Ill take the dog all week long and twice on Sunday. Speaking of which here's a riddle?..What do you get when you play a country song backwards? You get your wife back, your car back. Your house back and your dog back.

Last edited by IHCLACS; 04/12/19 01:50 AM.
M
mikeyb Offline OP
OP Offline
M
So the W was at the house today while I was at work, her and her friend. First it was just her friend here for 2 hrs then the W. She took a bunch of her bathroom stuff. Did laundry, and ATE MY FOOD!!! I was livid. I called her up, told her she can no longer just come by and do whatever she wants. No laundry, no cooking. I told her, you won't come by and take care of the dogs because you feel as if it's not your house, then you can't come by and cook and do laundry for the same reason. And that you don't get to pick and choose when you come by because what your needing to do is convenient to you. Told her she is increases my expenses and I am on a tight budget. Tried to say she pays rent so she can come and cook or do laundry. I said you are not paying the electric bill or water bill. You have no right to come by and do that. You are not living here, I am and if you need to come by you need to call me first. She then said, fine I'm not paying rent then. I told her she is still responsible for half the rent. Her stuff is here and her name is on the lease.

Then tried to say she will give her 30 day notice and said she is pretty much taking everything and putting it in storage. Washer, dryer, couch, table, dresser, bed, rug, tv etc.... I told her no. And that I already told you that you need to write up a proposal for everything and if I agree we will continue forward from there. She tried to say that it's hers because she paid for it.... BS, everything is ours and will be split fairly.

When will I wake up from this nightmare....

M(32) W(30)
Together 12yrs
Married 2yrs
ILYBNILWY 11/23/18
EA Discovered 3/20/19

W Moved out 3/20/19
M Moved out 5/31/19
W Filed for D 3/3/2020
M
mikeyb Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Just posting an update, The other day the W came by to replace the food she ate. She apologized and said she won't do it again, understanding that my budget is tight. Had a small conversation with her, then she left. It was a pretty good conversation.

Today, I thought I'd be able to handle starting this but it was pretty hard on me actually, I started to pack up some of the stuff around the house. Didn't really do a whole lot, mostly took down pictures, packed up DVDs, some collectibles of mine that I had on a shelf. It hit me hard with the pictures. I'll push through it though, going to take my time packing. I have atleast another month here so I'm not in any extreme rush, will just slowly make my way through the house packing the non-essentials. Still unsure what my plan is yet to go. Saving has been extremely hard, feel like I'm getting nowhere and my expenses just going up. (Driving truck now, covering all bills, etc...)

Also in my spare time I am helping my mom start up a craft business. Set up a facebook page for her, and also set up a e-commerce website for her. She's already got her first order in just the first day of setting it up!

Anyway, I got my dentist appointment tomorrow afternoon, so hopefully I can get something worked out with that. If I'm able to get on a decent payment plan for what I need I will have to bite the bullet and bunker down even more on the financials. This is something I must do.

Last edited by mikeyb; 04/15/19 04:02 AM.

M(32) W(30)
Together 12yrs
Married 2yrs
ILYBNILWY 11/23/18
EA Discovered 3/20/19

W Moved out 3/20/19
M Moved out 5/31/19
W Filed for D 3/3/2020
A
A
So the W was at the house today while I was at work, her and her friend. First it was just her friend here for 2 hrs then the W. She took a bunch of her bathroom stuff. Did laundry, and ATE MY FOOD!!! I was livid. I called her up, told her she can no longer just come by and do whatever she wants. No laundry, no cooking. I told her, you won't come by and take care of the dogs because you feel as if it's not your house, then you can't come by and cook and do laundry for the same reason. And that you don't get to pick and choose when you come by because what your needing to do is convenient to you. Told her she is increases my expenses and I am on a tight budget. Tried to say she pays rent so she can come and cook or do laundry. I said you are not paying the electric bill or water bill. You have no right to come by and do that. You are not living here, I am and if you need to come by you need to call me first. She then said, fine I'm not paying rent then. I told her she is still responsible for half the rent. Her stuff is here and her name is on the lease.

Mikey, that sounds great, you're finally starting to stand up for yourself! Well done!

Then tried to say she will give her 30 day notice and said she is pretty much taking everything and putting it in storage. Washer, dryer, couch, table, dresser, bed, rug, tv etc.... I told her no. And that I already told you that you need to write up a proposal for everything and if I agree we will continue forward from there. She tried to say that it's hers because she paid for it.... BS, everything is ours and will be split fairly.

Good job sticking your guns! She might gripe about it, but deep inside a seed of respect has been planted.

When will I wake up from this nightmare....

It's like a slow awakening. You'll get there, just be patient.

Me: 60 w/ S18, D24, D27

M: 21 years; BD: 06-14-12; S: 09-10-12; D final: 03-17-14; XW:57
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard