Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
G
G
You get your cheating spouse nothing for Vday. You do not acknowledge the holiday. You do not make nice gestures. You make no gestures. You take yourself out for a nice meal, or get yourself a massage, or a huge box of chocolates and a nice bottle of wine ALL FOR YOURSELF!

B
B
Steve, I was joking about the losing your mind and fever, and so I apologize if I offended you. In all seriousness tho, I do not agree with your advice. Even if people are struggling with what to do, I think it's always better to advise them not to do anything. When in doubt, less is more.

In fact one of Sandi's rules includes not to buy gifts after BD. Valentines day is a manufactured holiday designed for romantic couples. If someone has fired you as their S, then it is pursuing behavior to do anything for them at all, even a simple card.

I can see assisting the kids with getting their parent a gift if it's for Xmas or a bday or a holiday where gifts are the norm. But Valentines day? Nope, that makes no sense. And family time is just more cake eating IMO. Once people free themselves of the family time, in house separation, or the forced interactions, is usually when they start to experience some relief.

I vote we change V-day to Singles Appreciation Day. Happy SAD everyone, you guys are the best :-)))

Blu

“Forgiveness liberates the soul. It removes fear. That is why it is such a powerful weapon.” – Nelson Mandela
P
P
Originally Posted by BluWave

I vote we change V-day to Singles Appreciation Day. Happy SAD everyone, you guys are the best :-)))

I vote for "Merry 1/2-price-off-candy" eve.

1/6/18-BD OM1
2/18-W meets OM2
4/18-W intros D4 to OM2
5/18-“Romance ends"
7/18-DB start
7/18-IHS Ends
4/19-WW moves out
3/21-D filed

Formerly pain18

Rise.

A
A
OH SHeeez,

Why didn't anyone tell me about this before I got my WW a NEW CAR?!

j/k.

I'm a bit of a romantic ; process server dressed as Cupid to her work , card & photo of her and OM, a love letter in the form of D papers.

H 49 , W 47
T 23, M 17
S11, S5
BD: 7/18
IHS: 7/18 - 3/19
Physically Separated: 3/19-4/19
Piecing: 4/19 - Current

----
L
L
How about some nice imported cheese, nuts and chocolates?

Place them in her vehicle under the back seat or in the spare tire area.

Add one male and one female mouse or rat, and voila! The gift that doesn't stop giving!

Me40; W38; S12; D9
BD11/19/2018 D filed 12/20/18
D Final 7/2020
Being the best example I know how for my kids to see.
D
D
Happy SAD everyone!!! I have my chocolates purchased already,,,my kids are going to love them. smile

J
J
Best gift ever for a cheating spouse.... divorce papers. You can include a heart box of candies for effect, but i would go with the cheap drugstore kind. Lawyers are expensive.

M: 42
H: 43
Twins age 5
WAH in summer
S
SteveLW Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Anyone that knows me knows that I do not advocate pursuit and pressure! I was just trying to help people struggling with what to do.

M(53), W(54),D(19)
M-23, T-25 Bomb Drop - Dec.23, 2017
Ring and Piecing since March 2018
C
C
I post this story for your enjoyment

Husband Cheats With Young Secretary, Then Wife Plants Revenge In Mansion Before Moving Out

Sometimes, revenge seems like the most tempting solution to being betrayed by a loved one.

You’re about to read a story that has been circulating online for many years. Readers from all over the world have fallen in love with this urban legend that ends with a twist of sweet revenge.

The story begins with Jake and Edith, who were married for 37 years. Edith was shocked when, after nearly four decades of marriage, Jake dumped her for his young secretary.

As if that wasn’t brutal enough, Jake and his new girlfriend kicked Edith out of her own multi-million dollar mansion.

But in the midst of the bitter divorce, Jake had no idea Edith had a special surprise for the happy couple in their beautiful home.

Instead of playing the victim, Edith hatched a brilliant plan that would come to fruition in due time…

After 37 years of marriage, Jake dumped his wife for his young secretary.

His new girlfriend demanded that they live in Jake and Edith’s multi-million dollar home. Since the man’s lawyers were better, he prevailed.

Wife revenge on husband
He gave Edith, now his ex-wife, just three days to move out. She spent the first day packing her belongings into boxes, crates, and suitcases.

On the second day, she hired movers to come and collect her things.

On the third day, she sat down for the last time at their beautiful dining room table by candlelight, put on some soft background music, and feasted on a pound of shrimp, a jar of caviar, and a bottle of Chardonnay.

When she had finished eating, she went into each and every room and stuffed half-eaten shrimp shells dipped in caviar into the hollow of all of the curtain rods. She then cleaned up the kitchen and left.

When Jake returned with his new girlfriend, all was bliss for the first few days.

Then, slowly the house began to smell. They tried their best to clean, mop, and air the place out. Vents were checked for dead rodents and carpets were cleaned. Air fresheners were hung everywhere. Exterminators were brought in to set off gas canisters. During this time the couple had to move out for a few days.

In the end, they even had to replace the expensive wool carpeting. Nothing worked.

Their friends stopped coming over to visit. Repairmen refused to work in the house. Even the maid quit.

Finally, they could not take the stench any longer and decided to move.

A month later, they still couldn’t find a buyer for their house, which now reeked heavily.

Word about the house got out, and eventually even the local realtors refused to return their calls. Finally, they had to borrow a huge sum of money from the bank to purchase a new place.

The ex-wife called the man and asked how things were going. He told her of the rotting state the house was in. She listened politely and said that she missed her old home terribly.

She then said that she would be willing to reduce her divorce settlement if the house was returned to her.

Knowing his ex-wife had no idea how bad the smell was, he agreed on a price that was about 10 percent of what the house had been worth, but only if she were to sign the papers that very day.

She agreed, and within the hour his lawyers delivered the paperwork.

A week later, the man and his girlfriend stood smiling as they watched the moving company pack everything to take to their new home.

They even took the curtain rods.

Me-70, D37,S36
S
SteveLW Offline OP
OP Offline
S
ROFL!!! I LOVE THE LAST LINE!

M(53), W(54),D(19)
M-23, T-25 Bomb Drop - Dec.23, 2017
Ring and Piecing since March 2018
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis