Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
B
B
Originally Posted by svdad
Still sick. Horrible. D(3) fever at night at as well.

Super hard to GAL when you have been in bed for a week now.

Tell me something good.

Take care of yourself and D first, GAL will be there when you are well. In the mean time grab a book, something that interests you. Listen to music, watch a movie you havent seen in a while.

While you have some down time you could plan GAL activities, skiing, white water rafting, climbing. You got this slow and steady.

M:52 W:49
D:26 S:24 S:23 D:20
ILYBNILWY 5/28/17
Still living together
W filed 1/5/18
W moved out 8/24/18
D final 9/18/20
A
A
Originally Posted by Twofeet

Yes at the end she thought she got a raw deal even though she got everything she wanted. A part of this was her WW mentality and a part of this was her glass is half empty mentality.

Yup, same with my XW. I just mentioned this in another thread but she hired a L, drew up the agreement, we sat down and redmarked it, she had the L revise it and gave it to me to sign, I signed it and gave it back to her and THEN she decided it wasn't fair and she wanted me to pay her a bunch more money. When I asked her to explain why and how she came up with the amount, she flew off the handle and said "we'll just let the lawyers battle it out in court, and I promise you'll regret it." It was one of those many WTF moments I went through with this crazy woman that only looks like my old wife. Rather than subject myself to a court battle that would have cut 5 or 10 years off my life and ejected what's left of my hair I just gave it to her to bring things to a quick conclusion, and I don't regret it one bit. But yes, she too still thinks she got a raw deal.

Tell me something good.

Well the weather country-wide is pretty lousy so you haven't missed much!

Me: 60 w/ S18, D24, D27

M: 21 years; BD: 06-14-12; S: 09-10-12; D final: 03-17-14; XW:57
S
svdad Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by bhappy2
Still sick. Horrible. D(3) fever at night at as well.

Super hard to GAL when you have been in bed for a week now.

Tell me something good.

Take care of yourself and D first, GAL will be there when you are well. In the mean time grab a book, something that interests you. Listen to music, watch a movie you havent seen in a while.

While you have some down time you could plan GAL activities, skiing, white water rafting, climbing. You got this slow and steady.

wink Thanks mate wink

S
svdad Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by AnotherStander

Yes at the end she thought she got a raw deal even though she got everything she wanted. A part of this was her WW mentality and a part of this was her glass is half empty mentality.

Yup, same with my XW. I just mentioned this in another thread but she hired a L, drew up the agreement, we sat down and redmarked it, she had the L revise it and gave it to me to sign, I signed it and gave it back to her and THEN she decided it wasn't fair and she wanted me to pay her a bunch more money. When I asked her to explain why and how she came up with the amount, she flew off the handle and said "we'll just let the lawyers battle it out in court, and I promise you'll regret it." It was one of those many WTF moments I went through with this crazy woman that only looks like my old wife. Rather than subject myself to a court battle that would have cut 5 or 10 years off my life and ejected what's left of my hair I just gave it to her to bring things to a quick conclusion, and I don't regret it one bit. But yes, she too still thinks she got a raw deal.

Tell me something good.

Well the weather country-wide is pretty lousy so you haven't missed much!

Thanks... this resonates with me already 'It was one of those many WTF moments I went through with this crazy woman that only looks like my old wife." .... Too many times I have just shook my head to myself in complete aww at the situation I am in and the different person she has become. It's really unbelievable - but hearing your guy's stories makes it help.....

As for the weather - freezing rain, wind, polar vortex, snow, 60s, we have had it all....

T
T
Svdad,

The change can be alarming. We had gone out to brunch, explored the city, went to a wine event. Hand in hand, fingers interlocked saying ILY all day. We made love that day as well. Then we had a good begining of the week together, I was oot and got the call Friday. I came home and I literally did not recognize the woman in front of me. I think the shock of it all blew me away and I fell apart and did all the things you aren't supposed to do (cry, plead, reason, etc).

I come from a hard science educational background and I am very inquisitive. However, no matter how I wrap my head around it I am not coming up with any real answers. Just circular thinking and mental frustration. So I sit here going WTF happened... she figuratively died in front of me.

Some people saw it coming and some were blindsided. Just know you are not alone.

Last edited by Twofeet; 02/08/19 01:59 AM.

H(37) W(35)
D8, D5, S3
T20, M13
BD 8/31/18
EA Discovered 9/13/18
Mediation 10/3/18
W files for D 10/12/18
W moves out 11/10/18
EA confirmed 12/25/18
D Final 1/10/19
S
svdad Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Svdad,

The change can be alarming. We had gone out to brunch, explored the city, went to a wine event. Hand in hand, fingers interlocked saying ILY all day. We made love that day as well. Then we had a good begining of the week together, I was oot and got the call Friday. I came home and I literally did not recognize the woman in front of me. I think the shock of it all blew me away and I fell apart and did all the things you aren't supposed to do (cry, plead, reason, etc).

I come from a hard science educational background and I am very inquisitive. However, no matter how I wrap my head around it I am not coming up with any real answers. Just circular thinking and mental frustration. So I sit here going WTF happened... she figuratively died in front of me.

Some people saw it coming and some were blindsided. Just know you are not alone.

Rough. That is rough. Your words speak volumes to me. I am a binary guy. I am just not understanding how one goes from 0 to 1 just like that.

S
S
Svdad,

Rough. That is rough. Your words speak volumes to me. I am a binary guy. I am just not understanding how one goes from 0 to 1 just like that.

sv, I tend to be a binary guy too. However, what I've found is the world rarely falls cleanly into that worldview. In IC my eyes opened to the fact that binary is too narrow to view the world.

M(53), W(54),D(19)
M-23, T-25 Bomb Drop - Dec.23, 2017
Ring and Piecing since March 2018
S
svdad Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I am not trying to see the world as binary - but rather just trying to wrap my head around the neurons or what it is that changes so suddenly in these women. In my case it was more than likely 2 weeks max. In Twofeet's case it sounds like a matter of days. It's just so shocking to me. I cant.wrap.brain.around.it.

B
B
I am not trying to see the world as binary - but rather just trying to wrap my head around the neurons or what it is that changes so suddenly in these women. In my case it was more than likely 2 weeks max. In Twofeet's case it sounds like a matter of days. It's just so shocking to me. I cant.wrap.brain.around.it.

This doesnt have to be that complicated, our W's fired us as their H's... its that simple. Follow DBing, this is an incredible site that saves you from beating yourself up on the daily. It works.

Yes they change rapidly, would it have been better if she treated you like crap over the course of several years... soon you will be thanking her for doing this.

M:52 W:49
D:26 S:24 S:23 D:20
ILYBNILWY 5/28/17
Still living together
W filed 1/5/18
W moved out 8/24/18
D final 9/18/20
R
R
...what it is that changes so suddenly in these women.... I cant.wrap.brain.around.it.
The woman didn't change. Your awareness changed.

"What is best for my kids is best for me"
Amor Fati
Link to quotes: https://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2879712
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard