Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
L
L
I agree! Enough of the Jibber Jabber and set up a date immediately.

G
G
Am I the only one who thinks that she actually DID have a reason to apologize????

She pretty much ghosted you. That wasn’t right. It’s ok that you accepted the apology, but dont tell her there was no reason to apologize.

N
N
Hi Ballast,

That's great you heard from her again! What's the latest now? Did you ask if she's able to meet?

D
D
Originally Posted by Ginger1
Am I the only one who thinks that she actually DID have a reason to apologize????

You may be LOL. At least apologize as in the true form of that word. Had she not shown up for a date as promised, had she called him names, had she done something else "larger" an apology is certainly required. But really, what did she do? She stopped reaching out - right? She didn't ignore him - heck she answered him when he texted her. What is there really to apologize for? Unless I'm missing something here.

To me this all just seemed to start off as an odd and awkward online thing. I'm a fan of reality TV (Yeah so shoot me) but it's the ultimate in people watching. And I see so many people who get so caught up in someone - or more correctly, the thought of someone. I don't think she needed to apologize any more than he did. Yes, she kind of ghosted - or I think more just pulled way back - but he sort of blew up her phone as well. They both had things to "apologize" for - at least that't the way I see it.

DonH
Midwest
Me 56
WAW-EXW 55
Met 11/95 / Married 5/00
Bomb 6/20/05 / She Filed on 6/2/06 / Divorced on 10/9/06
4 who'd qualify as GF since D & dated about 25 women since D
B
ballast Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Flaky...that pretty much says it all. She said she was so sorry for not being talkative. Said I had come on so strong with texting and calling and with many other things going on in her life it made her super uncomfortable. Now for sure I didn't follow tennis text rules, but I only called her a single time. And this from her who was calling me within 24 hours and Facetiming me while driving within 48 hours so at least in terms of calling/facetime she was WAY faster than me. BUT she thought I was a great father, liked that about me and wanted very much to keep getting to know me. So....

Anyway after her texting and calling me last Friday/Saturday and us texting til Tuesday, she's basically gone ghost again except for a Hey You! text Friday night. Who knows what's up with her and that's fine with me. I imagine she may come in and out of my life with texts/calls going forward, but unless/until her actions get consistent and she wants to meet up, this one is over with. For now, she's right back off my radar like she was before my last update.

Main thing is that I'm just living my life and doing my own thing.

Last edited by ballast; 02/25/19 12:14 PM.

Me:34 W:40
D1:4
M:7 T:8
BD:3/18
D Final: 6/19
N
N
Well that´s the attitude B. And living into reality and not into the "thought of someone" as Don says.

Take care my friend. You are doing well.

WW H(me): 53
W: 48
T: 27 M: 22
S: 18
Piecing since 03/2016
Saw the light in the storm
B
ballast Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Thanks neffer...whatever happens going forward between her and I is way more about her than me.

One year BD anniversary is coming up quick and giving up D4 yesterday...I AM doing well, but losing half the time of D4's life, that is my one and only persistent pain...

Anyway in life there's things that matter and things that don't, this one don't. Moving along...

L
L
Originally Posted by ballast
Said I had come on so strong with texting and calling and with many other things going on in her life it made her super uncomfortable.
Exactly that's why you play a game of tennis with texting. No exceptions!

BUT she thought I was a great father, liked that about me and wanted very much to keep getting to know me. So....

That's the second time I heard this on the board. How in the h$ll can she know if you are a good father when you haven't even met her?

Anyway after her texting and calling me last Friday/Saturday and us texting til Tuesday, she's basically gone ghost again except for a Hey You! text Friday night.

STOP TEXTING!!! Make a date. If she's not interested in meeting up you are done with her.

B
ballast Offline OP
OP Offline
B
LH...yeah I learned the lesson on tennis texting and have been following that.

As for the father part well again she knows a close friend of mine and has seen pictures of me with my D on social media and when we've talked so that is her opinion of me so far.

And yeah I hear ya on the make a date deal. She's out there right now best I can say and I'm just moving along doing my thing. Time will tell what if anything happens between us.

L
L
Did you ask her to meet up?

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard