Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
R
R
Originally Posted by DaveK
Should I pass that info on to WW?

Always do the right thing.
Treat others as you would like to be treated.

Do not enable irresponsible behavior.

"What is best for my kids is best for me"
Amor Fati
Link to quotes: https://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2879712
D
DaveK Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by ovrrnbw
Should I pass that info on to WW? Or have it be her problem if she misses that opportunity?

No don't pass that along. She knows it's there right? Let her fail.

Originally Posted by Ready2Change

Uhm...I guess this one isn't clear cut.

me: 45 wife: 44
son: 13 son: 17
married in 2000
D
DaveK Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Had a nice day yesterday. After talking to my mom I drove to the bus stop and took the bus to Albany. I haven't been at the state museum for a while and they had interesting exhibits about the Erie Canal and for Black History Month a section about Harlem. One area had a lot of old fire engines that were neat to look at. I don't recall the rock collection from last time, but the many crystals were pretty. One area had an art collection on loan, but by that time I had enough. Not far away is the City Beer Hall and I went there people watching. I planned on one beer, ended up with three, but got a free cheese pizza out of it. I had a good time.
I was on my way home when S13 called and wondered where I am. I thought it was sweet that he worried a bit, but I later asked him if mom told him to call. He did not give me a straight answer, but bolted out of the living room. So not sure if it happened as I think it happened or if he indeed was worried. That said, I did ask both sons earlier in the day about going to the museum and they had no interest, which was OK for me. So it isn't that I left everyone in the dark, but maybe S13 didn't make the connection at that point. Next time I will make sure he knows. I wasn't worried about either son, there is plenty of food, they had their own plans for the afternoon, and there is still mom.....although she apparently took a trip to the grocery store for another 15 pack based on the half empty Keystone light can than I found in the living room.
When I got home yesterday I made soup, a big pot with roasted chicken, green beans, potatoes, peas, corn, and some pasta. I didn't put the barley in because I still have some frozen cabbage from the garden and that should be enough to make a barley bake. With potatoes, pasta and corn the soup had enough starches in it. Was more of a "stoup" anyway...yea, back in the day I liked watching Rachel Ray cooking shows, she is fun and comes from the region here.
Talked to S17 this morning about tech stuff and freedom of speech issues. He likes debating this stuff and I went along, even after he pointed out that I'd be late for work. That is not a big deal, nobody shows up before 9 in the office anyway, so I was still plenty early. WW showed up a few times and commented on the funny cats. I didn't say much if I responded at all.I did not point out that there was a voice mail message. She is home all day long, she has the login info to look for messages herself, and if she cannot be bothered to either pick up the phone or check messages I don't think I have to make up for that.
Work today is going great. Wearing my new shirt and coworkers are complimenting me on it. Me!!! I cannot recall that anyone ever said anything about how I dress. Couldn't resist to add a small trace of the new cologne....that scent makes me happy somehow, very pleased with my choice.
Tonight kids have drama club. After that I will play with my stamps and read through tech articles. I do that not only for work, but also copy select links into an email for a former coworker who I liked working with a lot. When she left she told our boss that she was glad to have me as mentor, that everything she knows about QA she learned from me. One of the nicest things someone said about me.

married in 2000
M
M
Glad to see you are getting out. I think that is excellent.

Im hopeful that next time you will find an occasion to join in with other people in something and not only watch them.

O
O
Should I pass that info on to WW? Or have it be her problem if she misses that opportunity?

Does your W already know? I was under the impression she is aware of this opportunity. R2C is under the assumption she is not aware. I agree with R2C to always do the right thing, but that doesn't mean you are her assistant.

H 34
W 29
BD 3/12/18
Divorce Busted Spring 19

It is not things that bother us, but the stories we tell ourselves about things.
R
R

If you did not pass the info to your wife, that is passive aggressive behavior.

Amor Fati
Link to quotes: https://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2879712
D
DaveK Offline OP
OP Offline
D

Does your W already know? I was under the impression she is aware of this opportunity. R2C is under the assumption she is not aware. I agree with R2C to always do the right thing, but that doesn't mean you are her assistant.

She applied at the grocery store a few weeks ago and she applied to other places as well. In her position I'd watch the phone like a hawk and at least ask regularly if there are any messages.

married in 2000
D
DaveK Offline OP
OP Offline
D

If you did not pass the info to your wife, that is passive aggressive behavior.

I can understand that point of view. Going forward I will pass such messages on, it's too late now.
Then again, a few weeks back I gave a clock for repair and today I called and asked if it is fixed. It's fixed for quite some time now and the clockmaker told me that he called at home and told WW.....who did not tell me, but kept asking me if the clock is fixed.
Two wrongs don't make it right.

married in 2000
R
R

Remember this journey has nothing to do with your wife. It is about your choices. You can only control you.

What type of person do you choose to be?

Amor Fati
D
DaveK Offline OP
OP Offline
D

Remember this journey has nothing to do with your wife. It is about your choices. You can only control you.

What type of person do you choose to be?

I want to be proud of myself, proud of my personal growth, and have no regrets. I want to be someone who is willing to risk something and be prepared to make mistakes. Life is a constant learning process and full of firsts.I want to stand on my own feet and not be dependent on someone else.

Right now I am in a really awkward point in life. Married, but not really, trying to be happy without the one who made me happy all these years, trying to build something for myself, and above all trying to build myself. I guess that path includes wondering about silly stuff if I should put barley in soup or not...and less silly stuff if I should help someone who rejects everything about me except for my money. By now it has become somewhat pointless, the opportunity is gone and I am sure there will be plenty other for WW if she'd put some more energy into it. I guess in her mental condition energy and motivation is in short supply.

married in 2000
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard