Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
D
Dtrmned Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Really looking for feedback from the Veterans out there!

We are moving into the D arena. We are trying to agree and file.

I am so done at the moment, but we exchanged thoughts on what we wanted and we are SO far apart on some.

I think we are about 75% of the way there, but that is mostly just kid stuff and easy stuff.

She is asking for a ton more than I wouldn't agree to unless forced to by a judge.

We are talking this evening to see if we can come to a solution.

Questions:

1-How far do I actually state what I know and how this could affect a judge/custody/money, etc.?

I know judges don't care about affairs, etc. Just an fyi, I have confirmed 1 that she had that dumped her hard and another one that she has ongoing now but I'm sure it will fizzle the same way. Either way, not my problem.
I am talking about true health issues. W slept 14 hours per day Thu/Fri/Sat/Sun.
Have proof she has been working but she "swears" she doesn't have a job. Yet she secured a new place of residence and is paying rent, utilities,etc.
She admittedly (in writing and recorded) has some major disabilities that could keep her from successfully caring for our children. Again, don't want to bring this up AT ALL!!!!!
Says in correspondence to the management firm that she has 2 jobs AND money in the bank to cover at least a years worth of rent. I've never seen this!

2- Having read stories, situations, etc on here. I know that D is not the end. There is some small hope (ithurts) that somewhere down the road we could R. Is this possible? I will DB through this whole thing. Is this smart? Or should I just throw in the towel and let it ride.

Sandi, if you are out there, please let me know your thoughts. You (and many, many others!) have given me so much insight into the thought process of the WW/WAW. I am looking at a totally different person who used to have values and morals but who is now "justifying" everything they do and "villifying" anything I say/do or don't say or do.

I know I can't "win" as I believe we have both lost. But how do I act through this?

Luckily, I don't think it will be long.

Help please!!!

M51 W44
T21 M18
D14 S11
BD date 9/17
W filed 02/18
W withdrew petition following week
In house separation 03/18
In Limbo and DB'ing since 03/18
W is moving out by mid Nov 2018
A drawing up paperwork 11/18

S
S
Do you have a lawyer? If not, get one. Every one thinks this can be done without one. But it is a legal proceeding, and for that you need a lawyer.

M(53), W(54),D(19)
M-23, T-25 Bomb Drop - Dec.23, 2017
Ring and Piecing since March 2018
O
O
Yea those are all questions for a lawyer.

H 34
W 29
BD 3/12/18
Divorce Busted Spring 19

It is not things that bother us, but the stories we tell ourselves about things.
R
R

Get legal advise.

"What is best for my kids is best for me"
Amor Fati
Link to quotes: https://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2879712
D
Dtrmned Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Thanks guys.
I do have an attorney.
more looking for advice on the "non legal" side. The lawyer's will do what they will do.

M51 W44
T21 M18
D14 S11
BD date 9/17
W filed 02/18
W withdrew petition following week
In house separation 03/18
In Limbo and DB'ing since 03/18
W is moving out by mid Nov 2018
A drawing up paperwork 11/18

L
L
D,

I don't think we are quite clear on what you are asking? Can you try again?

R
R

With the legal out of the way:

And the emotional/moral:

tackle each separately:

1) Splitting assess-Assinging value - equalize

2) Parenting plan

3) Future financial obligations

I always advise for 50/50 parenting split unless there are real issues. Sounds like you have real concerns. Deal with that after dealing with "Stuff".

House : One person values, other person decides if they want to keep it for that value.
401K's ect - they have value. help balance out value of house.

Do not quibble over little things.

H"W, I believe this item is worth X. Do you want it for that value or should I take it for that value."

or

"We disagree about the value of item X. Since you believe it is worth $yyy, you can have it for that value"

One person splits the cookie, the other picks.

Amor Fati
Link to quotes: https://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2879712
L
L
D,

Question 2.

Yes reconciliation is possible. You move forward as it is not possible. If it comes to it you cross that bridge when you come to it.

Your W has a looooooooooooooooooot of issues she has to work out first.

R
R

1-How far do I actually state what I know
Keep your cards to yourself and your lawyer.

2- Having read stories, situations, etc on here. I know that D is not the end. There is some small hope (ithurts) that somewhere down the road we could R. Is this possible? I will DB through this whole thing. Is this smart? Or should I just throw in the towel and let it ride.
Keep focusing on personal growth. Keep making and enforcing boundaries. Make decisions based on your core values.

Amor Fati
J
J
Half that money she has squirreled away in that bank account is likely yours unless she received a gift or had it before you were married.

Me: 46
W: 44
Married: 17
Together 21
D13; S10
BD: 03.03.15 (Not attracted to you)
Almost 2 years trying, alone, to save marriage
Status now: Divorced (effective 06.13.17)
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard