Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
O
OrangeK Offline OP
OP Offline
O
youre just pissed i didnt decide to do what you TOLD me to. i read the advice, weighed my options and made a decision. It just not the decision you wanted me to make.
And you call me controlling?

M: 35, EX-W: 3, S:4
All Divorce Proceedings Complete - Oct 18
-----------------------------------------------------
2nd EX - Was Engaged - Diagnosed BPD
2 Major breakups.
2 Rebounds
O
OrangeK Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Originally Posted by Ginger1

her mental status is not relevant in this issue. She will do what she does, she will say what she says. There is nothing that she could say to you obviously, so say nothing to her!

Say nothing to her? the choice that I made, and am now being berated by Joseph for?
When will you people make up your minds?

2 Major breakups.
2 Rebounds
T
T
Then just say you disagree with the advice and move on. It doesn't have to continue 30 posts later as you engage people in arguing and banter.

Married 14, Together 17
M: 44, W: 43, D: 8, D: 6
M: 46, W: 45. D: 10. D: 8 (CUR)
Bomb Dropped: 5/28/2017
Separation Date: 6/17/2017
Divorce Filed: 2/7/2018
Divorce Final: 4/12/2018
O
OrangeK Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Originally Posted by Joseph9
Then just say you disagree with the advice and move on. It doesn't have to continue 30 posts later as you engage people in arguing and banter.

Show me the arguing and banter.

2 Major breakups.
2 Rebounds
O
OrangeK Offline OP
OP Offline
O

So, take it for face value, thank her, and move about your day, just like J9 said.

There is nothing that she could say to you obviously, so say nothing to her!

Say thanks or say nothing Ginger???
remember when i said "Contradictory advice"?

2 Major breakups.
2 Rebounds
T
T
All of this............................................. You blamed it on Vulnerable Narcissist. Instead of just saying I won't respond. so now we go down the Vulnerable Narcissist bunny hole. Its like shell game and the target keeps moving.

Married 14, Together 17
T
T
I am at work and have a meeting to go to.................have fun on your trip ok.

Married 14, Together 17
O
OrangeK Offline OP
OP Offline
O
i was explaining why i didnt want to respond, because i dont trust her sincerity.
I came here to eliminate or validate that lack of trust.

2 Major breakups.
2 Rebounds
O
OrangeK Offline OP
OP Offline
O
you and others encoraged me to reply, i thought about it, and decided not to.
Why am i such a prick for sticking with my gut instinct.

I just re read the last few pages. Where exactly am i arguing or bantering? i dont see it, so please enlighten my ignorance.

2 Major breakups.
2 Rebounds
S
S
Do you think you can follow the advice given for the non-narcissist dealing with a narcissist? Knowing that you need to hear an apology from her, maybe more...…..can you move on without looking for it? In other words, if she should apologize someday, that's great, and if she never utters a word....you don't have to have it. You won't allow a lack of an apology to rule over you.

But as a veteran of the narcissist’s abuse, the non also should remain skeptical of authentic lasting growth in the narcissist, something that at best will be very limited. Probably the safest response for the non is to neither reject the overture nor expect more of the same from the narcissist.

While you are being painfully honest with yourself, have you accepted that you won't be able to have a meaningful relationship with your XW? The reason I ask is b/c of the feelings you still have toward the possibility of her & OM staying together. I can't quote you, but it was something to the effect of you being crushed if OM got what was taken away from you. Are you referring to the make-believe girl she impersonated, or the real woman she proved to be? I'm not debating any of this, I'm just asking if you are holding on to the hope that one day the two of you will be back together again? Intellectually, you get it. You just have a very difficult time emotionally digesting it. There is a war going on inside of you, and I hope & pray that you can find peace. Peace means everything. It won't come from her, and intellectually, you know it. If you can let go of the dream you have of the three of you being a family unit again, then you can focus on getting peace within your soul. If you don't let it go, the anger is going to destroy you. Orange, I once told you that I would talk to you like I talk to my son, and this is exactly what I would tell him.

I really hate all of this for you, but I am really concerned about the affect it will have on the child. You can distant yourself from her. You don't "need" her. But the child needs the healthy attention, affection, and encouragement of his mother. I pray you can release yourself from this hold she has on you, b/c S3 is going to need a father who has great discernment and the ability to lovingly teach him how to be a good person. I don't think I can even begin to imagine how challenging it will be, as you raise your son. ((hugs)) I would have to read everything I could find that teaches people how to cope when raising a child with a narcissist parent. I wonder if there are classes that teach people, or if there are support groups. Maybe you could do a little research to see if there is such a thing in your area.

I want to suggest something, as you read more information on this subject. Don't get overly focused on the negative things she does. Just get the information so that you might have a better understanding, but don't let your emotions take over your actions. I realize it must be very difficult not to be overcome with anger whenever it involves your child, but try to learn about this personality disorder in a detached manner, as much as possible. You already know she's going to do things that contradict your parenting style, or your preferences/choices, etc. I would think that predetermining how you will respond to some issues might help keep your anger better controlled. For example, it's obvious that S3's hair is going to be an issue, therefore, having a plan for how to calmly and wisely deal with it throughout the coming years......may save you from reacting out of anger and doing something you'll later regret.

FWIW, I'll share something I heard an elementary principal say many years ago. "If we paddle the students for not flushing the toilet, what will we do when they commit greater offenses?" She had to follow certain rules for administering "punishment", and at that time, three licks with a paddle was the worst (other than being expelled). So, I was able to see her position and how she determined the type of punishment to be administered according to the offenses. In other words, there was a plan. It later became known as the students handbook for that local school, where everyone saw the rules and the consequences for breaking them.

BTW, I think Joseph has been giving you some good suggestions. Even if you don't agree with everything, posting to other parents who are further down the road in co-parenting and getting their perspective could be invaluable. Experience is a tough teacher, and if someone is trying to tell you what worked and didn't work for them......you'd be wise to give it some consideration. (I'm not suggesting you weren't listening to Joseph. I just wanted to say I thought his advice sounded reasonable.) Anyway, we learn from each other, and there are people here who are having to co-parent with difficult spouses. You might be able to help someone else, especially someone who is just starting down this road.

Don't give up IC. It takes time.

It is not about what you feel should work in your M. It is about doing the work that gets the right results. Do what works!
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard