Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
How old is Band Guy?
How long has he been D'd?
How long ago since his last R ended?

he turned 42 on our first date. 4 years older than me. Closer in age than the other guys.

He has been D's 3 years. He does struggle with the lost of his family unit and partner. He is very much a planner and do things by the book guy. he thought he did everything he was supposed to, and still lost it all. If he wasn't sad about the loss of his family unit, I think I would be more worried. It's a normal thing to grieve. I don't think he misses her, but he does miss his family/life partner as he is a family guy raised in a big family with parents who have been together for 56 years.

His last R ended I believe around Christmas. I can't sit here and say "what if she comes back" I could only hope if that ever happens and we are in an R, he realize it's me he wants to be with. Not much I can do about this.

Kids will stay out until we are seriously dating, and yes, I agree, the occasional meet up isn't damaging. I don't have a time frame on it. getting past the 6 week point for me is a huge deal, let alone the 6 month point! One step at a time.

If you have a good feeling Don, I think this might have some hope! I am not going to get ahead of myself. Maybe I am finally catching a break, maybe I am not. Nothing is moving fast though.

it is really nice to be in tune with eachother. And he is the first guy who doesn't snore. Score!

In other news, I saw a condo yesterday and I didn't really like it and it wasn't worth the money. I am discouraged. I spoke to my cousin, and my good friend last night and everyone says I should open up to new towns and new school systems. I hate doing this to my daughter. Having to make all new friends, ect. She has enough disruption in her life. I might find I don't have a choice though. The only way I could probably make this happen is if she falls in love with the house and she can have a dog. I figure closer to work, so I can get her to more activities where she makes friends.

I am lost. It's a really big decision to make single-handedly

T
T
G - How is the physical attraction and chemistry?

Married 14, Together 17
M: 44, W: 43, D: 8, D: 6
M: 46, W: 45. D: 10. D: 8 (CUR)
Bomb Dropped: 5/28/2017
Separation Date: 6/17/2017
Divorce Filed: 2/7/2018
Divorce Final: 4/12/2018
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted by Joseph9
G - How is the physical attraction and chemistry?

Pretty darn good. I am definitely attracted to him. Not completely my type either, but I really don't have a type. he is tall and thin. Not really muscular, but not scrawny. he is definitely attracted to me. Our physical chemistry is quite strong. Probably the best kisser so far. We really click in the area of kiss and touch. I got to admit it takes a WHOLE lot of willpower to keep it my pants (what can I say, I am a sexual person?) but I am pretty sure if/when it does happen it's going to be fireworks quality.

We are different but similar. He is more type A, I am more type B. But it compliments each other. Our morals are similar. Our conversation is great. We both get off on a great bargain, but neither of us is cheap. HA! He drinks less than I do, which is probably good for me. beer makes me fat.

On paper, we are a great match. But who knows what will happen. My insecure part of me feels like I need to make sure I don't "mess up". But I am really consciously just trying to live with what will be will be.

T
T
Ok cool.......I asked because as you have been describing him you mentioned he was nice, family man, etc. so I just wanted to make sure you felt something deep in your bones.

Married 14, Together 17
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Oh Yeah, He's got the looks too. Handsome man.

I will admit. With ED guy, I tried to be attracted to him because he was "nice". I was not attracted to him at all, quite honestly. I tried to force it, but I actually became very turned off. Sometimes, it just isn't there. I do believe chemistry and physical attraction are important.

T
T
ok cool smile

Married 14, Together 17
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Venting:

I lost my cool with the whole housing situation today. My landlord's realtor called me, and I do not like her, confirming her awful time for home inspection. I told her to reschedule it as it doesn't work for me. She says nastily "Why are you being so difficult?" I first say, she is not my realtor, we are not in a business transaction and that is none of her business. However, if you really want to know why, it's because I have gotten screwed in this process. I had a rent increase for my new lease and 2 weeks later I find out the house is being sold from under me. She tries to tell me I was month to month and I told her that is incorrect. No one informed me I was on a month to month basis. I have it in text from my neighbor that the letter for the rent increase signifies a new lease for a year. She was silent. I told her that letter trying to force me out is nothing but a scare tactic. I also asked how she would feel if she was a single mom with a child thinking she had a home when she accepted a rent increase? I told her everything has been very tricky and very shady and I will not be dealing with her anymore as she is not my agent. I sent a text to my landlord not to have her call me anymore.

My landlord tried to pretend he was being nice, but he tried some very underhanded tactics, and I am not cooperating anymore. Let the buyer get mad and drop the dal. He can take me to court. He can have both of us in court and waste his money.

This seller backing out on my purchase has seriously screwed up everything. My deal with the money and no waves is gone, I have to deal with someone trying to evict me, and now I have to consider other towns and pull my daughter out of her beloved school system away from her friends.

In other news, Bandguy invited me over again tonight. I'm going. It's like the last chance I have to take these opportunities. Plus, I miss D10 so horribly, I haven't heard from her in 2 days, my house is lonely, and my mind is a jumble. I think it would be good for me. Last night I enjoyed a night out with my friends.

And tonight I take my first crossfit class. Pray for me.

T
T
How many dates is the for Band dude?

Married 14, Together 17
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted by Joseph9
How many dates is the for Band dude?

#5, wow! Really only because my daughter is away on vacation. and he is off because he is a teacher. He'll be going to band camp soon for a week......

I come to realize he has asked me for each date. I didn't have to set anything up like HC did.

Majority of these dates have been at his house because his kids are home. Not conventional, I know. But I like it. Sure, HC was good for going out to nice places, but sometimes, you just want that person who will cuddle on the couch with you and watch a movie.

T
T
Well 5 dates......hmmm, it might be time to send him off to camp with a smile smile

Married 14, Together 17
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard