Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
H
H
She was probably hoping you would reach out to her and pursue her. Looks like her patience ran out and she's resumed her own pursuit... keep playing it cool, IH.

M: 40 W: 37
T: 20 MR: 13
S13, S9, S4
BD: 1/29/18
Sep: 4/23/18 (I moved out)
8/24/18 I come home, she moves out

If you want to get out of the hole, drop the shovel.
I
ItHurts Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Yeah it would seem so. The time for me to pursue isn't here yet. Soon...but not just yet. She's not going away anytime soon...that much is apparent. She just keeps coming at me over and over again. Works for me! smile It will be interesting to see what kind of kiss closes out this meeting Friday...;) We shall see...maybe I'll push the envelope if it seems prudent. What's the worst that can happen right? She gets upset and never talks to me again! Even then I don't think she can stay away for long. Oh and I also forgot to mention that she told me at the bonfire that she was going to New York to visit her cousin this past weekend. So that's likely why I didn't hear from her.

ME: 43 W:44
M 13 years on 5-5-01
T 18 years
BD 4/27/14
D papers served 5/5/14 (how appropriate a date)
WAW moved out 5/12/14
Papers filed 6/27/14
Divorce granted 07/17/14
Our marriage ends 11/17/14
I
ItHurts Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Hey guys,
WAW wants to come to my place and watch the movie she was quoting that we used to watch a lot so she'll be meeting me at my place late tomorrow night. Not bad at all that she wants to spend another weekend night with me. We'll see how it goes. The biggest curiosity I have is what will the goodbye be. Soon enough we'll see.

M 13 years on 5-5-01
T 18 years
BD 4/27/14
WAW moved out 5/12/14
Papers filed 6/27/14
Divorce granted 07/17/14
O
O
My guess. you say goodbye after breakfast.

M: 35, EX-W: 3, S:4
All Divorce Proceedings Complete - Oct 18
-----------------------------------------------------
2nd EX - Was Engaged - Diagnosed BPD
2 Major breakups.
2 Rebounds
I
ItHurts Offline OP
OP Offline
I
I love the optimism you have but let me first manage to get a REAL kiss from her before I'm scrambling eggs for her LOL!

M 13 years on 5-5-01
T 18 years
BD 4/27/14
WAW moved out 5/12/14
Papers filed 6/27/14
Divorce granted 07/17/14
I
ItHurts Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Okay guys, it's showtime.
WAW is on her way over now. 10PM on a Friday night. I'm on and ready...so let's do this!!! Update tomorrow.

M 13 years on 5-5-01
T 18 years
BD 4/27/14
WAW moved out 5/12/14
Papers filed 6/27/14
Divorce granted 07/17/14
N
N
That's great news! I hope you both enjoy your time and live in the moment!

S
S
It's tomorrow....... he says with baited breath.

M(53), W(54),D(19)
M-23, T-25 Bomb Drop - Dec.23, 2017
Ring and Piecing since March 2018
I
ItHurts Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Good morning guys,

So it's probably not what you guys were hoping to hear but it was a pretty uneventful night with WAW. We had another great time and all but nothing in the way of R. There were the usual little things of course but nothing I would call true progress happened.
At one point we got on the subject of kids today and she started taking about her ex boyfriend's daughter. Apparently she got along good with her snd would always stick up for her when her father would get upset with her. WAW said recently her ex texted her to tell her that he caught this girl with pot in a plastic bag. WAW was joking telling me that she wished that didn't happen because it made her look bad. She went on to describe why left him and their relationship. At this point she must have sensed that I wasn't particularly enjoying the conversation and she laughingly said to me "You told me all your girly stories but I never told you mine." I laughed and blew off the comment and let her continue.

Now when she moved to Florida she moved in with her best friend who has lived down there for about 30 years. Well apparently this friend eventually got into a relationship and the two started talking about moving in together. Of course once this happened WAW knew she'd have to find a place of her own down there. She thought about moving in with this boyfriend but quickly realized that the relationship hadn't progressed to the point where she wanted to do that. It was then that she decided to move back home. I guess WAW listened to all my stories about my relationships but I never heard hers so she was compelled to tell me about it for whatever reason. So at one point I said to her something like "Well do you want to be back with those people? If not why do you care that she made you look bad." WAW said no she didn't want to be back there...that she was just telling me her story since she never had. This part is true...I never did hear about what went on with her down there. She also told me things about her jobs she had down there, how she was out of work for awhile, etc. Basically she felt the need to tell me about her Florida experience since I never really heard much about any of that before. Of course she had to bring up once again on the course of conversation how she was unsatisfied sexually with her exes size and once again I was the comparison. That part always makes me laugh to myself...whenever she brings that up. I just sit there and confidently grin whenever she references that and she laughs at me.

Now comes the interesting part. Previously she had said she was not dating...that she was taking a break. Well during the course of conversation last night she mentioned how she went on a date the night before and that it was awful. She once again said she didn't know why she did it because she's just not ready to be in a relationship or have sex with anyone. She mentioned how she knew right away she wasn't attracted to the guy but she had to spend at least an hour with him out of respect. She said she should have known better because she's not ready for any of that. She said "I figured if I turned out to like this guy, I'd have to go on a second date and I just don't want to commit to anyone right now." Then she went on to say she'd have to give up this that and the other thing if she did. It's unclear whether I am one of those "things" she's not ready to give you yet but I suspect I likely am. She went on..."I went from living with my parents, to living with you for 20 years, and then to living with my friend in Florida. I've never had the chance to live alone on my own steam." She went on to say that guys disappoint her and that they are too this or too that. All the while I sit there with a grin on my face thinking to myself thst "I'm not those things." LOL!

What's interesting to me is that she shared this with me. Not that I care if she dates because I date too...I just don't share that personal business with her. She seems to like to let me know that she has suitors though. Almost like she is competing with my "girlies" as she likes to call them. She doesn't come out and say that of course but I sense it's her way of saying, "Yeah you have your girlies but I have guys who want to date me too." I even wonder if this date she mentioned really even happened or if she was telling me a tall tale for some unknown reason. For some reason I doubted her story but in either case the end result was the same...she was disappointed and again realized she is not ready to commit to anyone right now. Whether that's really a veiled message to me or not is unclear.

She once again was admiring a lot of "our" stuff I still have in my apartment and the associated memories with them. She loved spending time with the cat too. Once we out the movie on she got all comfortable on the couch like we used to when we were married. At one point she had some pain in her shoulder so I have her a nice massage. She laughed and took her bra off said to me..."I'm taking my bra off but I'm not being sexual." I replied with "Oh great, maybe I'll get a peek. Oh wait, nevermind I've seen them in the raw hundreds of times already." She cracked up and said that was true.
After I messaged her she sprawled her legs over mine and we watched the movie.

Then it got to be like 4:30AM and she had to go home. So I walked her to her car, again holding hands like last time (we did this several times throughout the night when we walked in the dark to go have a cigarette, she would hold much hand in the dark.) Then came the moment of truth...what kind of goodbye was I going to get? Well I'm sure it's not what you guys want to hear but we apparently regressed from the lip kiss last time...we went back to a hug. I was going to try something but in the moment something inside you tells you if it's a good idea or not and my gut was telling me "not yet, not tonight." So I didn't push for a regular kiss. It just didn't feel like the right thing to do. So i told her to text me when she got home safe and she left. Then about 10 minutes later she called me and asked me "Are you mad at me?" I said mad at you? Why would I be? She said because I didn't stay there? I said no of course not. She said she had to take her medication and it makes her very drowsy. I assured her I wasn't mad at all. She then asked me to stay on the phone with her until she got home. So I did. She got home and said her fish I got her is mad at her for leaving him alone all day. I laughed and we wished each other a good night. She said "Thank you so much. I had a really, really good time tonight." I said I did too and we said good night.

So there was no progress really but it is what it is. She still wants to hang out quite frequently and as always I am just going to go with this thing wherever it leads. I still think she has something going on secretly inside her regarding me...it's just an inexplicable strong feeling I have knowing her as I do. However until she herself cones to terms with whatever that is...and more importantly feels ready for a committed relationship...it's on with the show for me. So I don't know what's ultimately going to happen here but I guess I don't need to know. When it's time for me to know more I will. For now it's back to my life until next time she comes calling.

Sorry it's not the update I'm sure a lot of you were hoping for but it is what it is folks. Sadly a bit of regression I guess. But I'll keep you posted on whatever happens next. smile

M 13 years on 5-5-01
T 18 years
BD 4/27/14
WAW moved out 5/12/14
Papers filed 6/27/14
Divorce granted 07/17/14
H
H
I don't know, it actually sounds like overall progress to me...

M: 40 W: 37
T: 20 MR: 13
S13, S9, S4
BD: 1/29/18
Sep: 4/23/18 (I moved out)
8/24/18 I come home, she moves out

If you want to get out of the hole, drop the shovel.
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard