Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
K
kiro Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Quick update

First of all, W did respond back to my email by attacking me and repeating the same old story that I was to blame for everything during our marriage. She sent me 2 emails one after the other with the same tone. I didn't reply.

Last week, I went to Boston with the boys. It was a very successful trip. We had a great time. On the week-end, we went go karting with some friends and it was a lot of fun.

On a personal level, I have been doing a lot of self reflection. I went to a meetup appointment over the week-end and we ended playing a very interesting game called "The Transformation Game". It was a very enlightening experience. The message that kept coming back to me (from the game itself, not the other players) was that I needed more adventure and exploration in my life smile

Yesterday, I had my 1st mediation session with STBXW. It was very similar to a business meeting. I was giving all my attention to the mediator and not addressing W directly. We were both relatively calm.

We went over child custody and child support. W said she had already talked with the boys. Apparently, S17 wants to stay with me, but S13 wants shared 50/50 custody. With that setup, I will pay her a small amount of child support because I earn much more than her.

I said I needed to discuss it with the kids, and that although I preferred to get full custody for both kids, I would do what's best for the kids.

I did talk with both kids and they confirmed what W said.

This week, kids will spend 4 to 5 days with their mother. I am noticing a slight change in STBXW's behavior in the past few weeks. She is spending more time with the kids. I don't know if this is a true change or if it is a way to manipulate what she wants from the mediation process.

I think the past few weeks and this 1st mediation session represent a major milestone in my journey. I think I am finally let go of the last few strings and reaching full detachment.

Me:49 XW:41, M:18 years, Kids: S18,S14
BD:JULY 2017, W moved out: DEC 2017
Filed for D: APR 2019, D Final: JULY 2019
O
O
Probably healthiest to assume it is her gaming the situation.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard