Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
E
OP Offline
E
Forgot yo add..
Since i am considering selling my home, i am currently updating it to present well before listing... painting walls, changing a couple of floors and will probably update faucets..
Now the punch line... ex-h is still on my Hydro and satellite bills because he was the one who created those accounts. I tried to have his name removed and was unsuccessful. So last night, i sent him a text asking him to please,remove his name from both account with addresses and phone numbers for him to get him done. I told him i know there will be a charge for doing so and to tell them to add it on my next bill.. sent
It went through.. no response tho.. not surprised..
My next option will be a written letter to both companie saying i will no longer be responsable for paiement of these account as i have sold my home. The bills can be forwarded to ex-h' s address..
This will take place when i sell my house.. he has until then to get it done..

A
A
exquisitetobe - I had problems getting my own ex off of the bills and such. For my hydro bill the required an email from her which I got by suggesting that she didn't want to be responsible for my spending. For my taxes and water bill they only changed that when her name was off the title. Similarly to the house insurance.

For satellite I'm not sure. A friend of mine actually lied to one of his providers saying that his ex was dead and that worked for him. Your mileage may vary wink

Other things were fortunately quite easy and a simple phone call or email did the trick.

It's too bad that you had that angry exchange with him. I can understand how frustrating it could be even though I've never had to deal with being blamed for anything. Yes, you are the bad person. The bad person who is holding everything together and providing a stable home and family for your children. The bad person who can be relied on. The bad person who is pretty darned upset at her ex and doesn't cover for his lies any more. The bad person that won't let her ex control her any more.

Good luck with getting the house ready to sell. I'm glad that's something I never had to do.

((exquisite))

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
job Offline
If you are officially divorced, make a copy of the divorce decree and send it along with your letters advising them that you want his name removed asap. I had the same issue, with the electric and telephone company, but when I explained that he was out to lunch, threatening to cut both off and I was living in the home, they soon got their act together and changed the bills over to my name.

I wish you all of the best in getting the house read to sell. It's a lot of work, but when that for sale sign goes up, you'll feel much better.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
E
OP Offline
E
I was able to remove him from my hydro.
I will try your idea Job for the satellite bill.

This week-end is Thanksgiving week-end here.
No word of ex-h doing anything for the children. All 4 were with me all week-end.

Next week-end is Son19' s birthday. He asked me to spend the week-end here with me.
We made plan to meet up with D22 and D18 and explore a mine site for his birthday.

I heard of 2 stories concerning ex.

1: he asked D18 what had happened to me because we did so many fun things as a family and often refused to do things while he was with us. She answered: we got older, we grew up and it is easier now.. ( good answer.. )

2 : ex- h told son to not be like him.. son said: don' t worry, i have no intention of being you.

Heartbreaking.. it must be so hard to hear this from your child but at the same time, the way he treathed them is what got him to hear those words..

E
OP Offline
E
Update
Last night, i created a profile on Match..
I did not pay for the full access.
I did however get a glimpse of some men available around here and also around North Bay.
One of them got my attention and while looking throu his pictures, i detected a clue.
I searched it and found him on fb.
Something many of us are good at on here..lol
We chated a little today. He seem very nice and kind. A few minutes ago, i googled his full name and found out he is the team leader in crisis intervention... he seem out of my league..
I' m suddenly feeling nervous..

job Offline
You are a beautiful woman and have nothing to be nervous about. If you meet up for a cup of coffee, that should break the ice a bit and then you can go on from there, i.e., a real date or say he's not the right one.

Hold your head up high! You are a prize and don't you ever forget it!

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
E
OP Offline
E
smile Thank you Job!! Xox

E
OP Offline
E
smile this was short lived.. as soon as he found out i had 4 children, i was history..
The irony in this is: IT WAS ON MY PROFILE.. he answered to photos, not my profile therefor, where was his intentions?
It was enough for me to deactivate my account. I have no faith in on-line dating..
I want real contact, real team effort by both parties to create a good, caring, loving life.

I need to put myself out there and join groups or organisations i care about and maybe meet someone who have the same interest as me.. my outings are mainly in the bush.. lol

K
kml Offline
K
You need to not think of online dating as dating - it's more like online meeting. Like casually meeting someone at a party. You could talk to a lot of people at a party before finding one you would actually want to date. You may need to go on a lot of coffee dates before finding someone worth dating.

Being more active in activities where you might find like-minded people is good too - it's just that at my age, most people are coupled up, so online dating at least ensures (mostly) that the people you are meeting are actually available and interested in dating.

If your kids are still at home, how about a single parents group? There at least you know you'd be meeting men with kids themselves.

A
A
exquisitetobe - Good on you for taking that first step and putting yourself out there.

You probably are in prime "man hunting" territory every day and not knowing it. We need to eat and go grocery shopping. If I remember correctly that's where you work (?) Now that I'm in the "single guy grocery shopping" territory myself spotting others is pretty easy and there certainly seem to be a lot of us around on Saturday mornings.

It would also give you a good idea on how they are taking care of themselves. Do they use a list? Does the list look like it is in their own handwriting? Are they only buying ready-to-eat foods? Are they lost and confused looking? (a good opportunity to say "can I help you").

Thinking of what is in my cart usually, it's only very basic foods. Nothing complicated.

If you see a guy, just smile and say "hi". The contents of the cart are a good topic "making a roast?".

((exquisitetobe))

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard