Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
D
D
Originally Posted by Dawgs
You are also not on my list to consider if you don't have a full length body shot.

An honest request. Although I've never done the online thing, selfies are quite deceiving. There should be a monetary fine option if one doesn't match their picture...

I don't know whether to applaud that statement or be offended. LOL I have some selfies that are REALLY good. In fact, when I took them I thought...I do NOT look like that...I'm not nearly that cute. And, d@mn right I post those on my OLD dating profile, but I also post other more realistic selfies and a couple of shots that are from the knees up. I am always VERY up front about being a big girl and I provide other pictures (fully clothed, of course, because I'm not a skank) that clearly show that. Having tesedt the OLD waters fairly well, I can tell y'all that DEFINITELY works both ways, though. And, even before Sparky and I started dating, I stopped responding to guys who only had either bathroom mirror selfies or selfies wearing sunglasses. I don't want to see your dirty bathroom and I darn sure want to see your eyes...what are you hiding behind those sunglasses?

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
D
D
Originally Posted by Dawn70
Originally Posted by Dawgs
You are also not on my list to consider if you don't have a full length body shot.

An honest request. Although I've never done the online thing, selfies are quite deceiving. There should be a monetary fine option if one doesn't match their picture...

I don't know whether to applaud that statement or be offended. LOL I have some selfies that are REALLY good. In fact, when I took them I thought...I do NOT look like that...I'm not nearly that cute. And, d@mn right I post those on my OLD dating profile, but I also post other more realistic selfies and a couple of shots that are from the knees up. I am always VERY up front about being a big girl and I provide other pictures (fully clothed, of course, because I'm not a skank) that clearly show that. Having tesedt the OLD waters fairly well, I can tell y'all that DEFINITELY works both ways, though. And, even before Sparky and I started dating, I stopped responding to guys who only had either bathroom mirror selfies or selfies wearing sunglasses. I don't want to see your dirty bathroom and I darn sure want to see your eyes...what are you hiding behind those sunglasses?

Now Dawn,

You know better than that.

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
T
OP Offline
T
I am fine with selfies........but 1 of your pictures should be a recent full length body shot. Men....or at least myself are generally very visual creatures. I do not have any bathroom pics, shirtless gym pics, or pics with sunglasses.

Married 14, Together 17
M: 44, W: 43, D: 8, D: 6
M: 46, W: 45. D: 10. D: 8 (CUR)
Bomb Dropped: 5/28/2017
Separation Date: 6/17/2017
Divorce Filed: 2/7/2018
Divorce Final: 4/12/2018
D
D
Originally Posted by Joseph9
I am fine with selfies........but 1 of your pictures should be a recent full length body shot. Men....or at least myself are generally very visual creatures. I do not have any bathroom pics, shirtless gym pics, or pics with sunglasses.

There is nothing wrong with selfies. And you're right, a body shot is a must. The problem with selfies is that they are very deceiving...especially the ones women like to take from above. And yes, men are visual creatures. And there is nothing wrong with that - its about attraction.

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
D
D

In my body shot I look like Dwayne Johnson with Rob Lowe's head. Depending on the angle of the picture, sometimes I look like Brad Pitt and other times I look like Ryan Gosling. Minor differences in lighting and camera angle can make big differences in the photo. It's really weird.

D
D

Oh I know...I was really just giving Dawgs a hard time. I do have selfies, but I also have 2 full body shots that are totally a complete picture. I actually totally agree with what you said. Pics don't often match up with real life so I try very hard to make sure mine do (or should I say did since I'm not doing OLD right now). I have met a couple of guys IRL who looked NOTHING like what their pics looked like. Mine are all current (within the past 6 months).

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
T
OP Offline
T
Now girls with pouty lips.....smh that is a different story. I need to see the grill.

Married 14, Together 17
M: 44, W: 43, D: 8, D: 6
M: 46, W: 45. D: 10. D: 8 (CUR)
Bomb Dropped: 5/28/2017
Separation Date: 6/17/2017
Divorce Filed: 2/7/2018
Divorce Final: 4/12/2018
D
D
Now girls with pouty lips.....smh that is a different story. I need to see the grill.

Lol no pouty lips here. And, while I'm sure you can pull off the shirtless gym pics, may I just say thank you for leaving those out too....I forgot those in my other list of what would make me ignore profiles. LOL I will neither show someone my chest nor want to see theirs before I have even met in person....just not happening.

[quote=doodler}
In my body shot I look like Dwayne Johnson with Rob Lowe's head. Depending on the angle of the picture, sometimes I look like Brad Pitt and other times I look like Ryan Gosling. Minor differences in lighting and camera angle can make big differences in the photo. It's really weird.[/quote]
Fair warning, doodler, if you look like Brad Pitt and we ever do happen upon each other in person, I WILL be overcome with the desire to give you a bath. I apparently missed the day at girl school where they told all us girls who we are supposed to find attractive because I don't get Brad Pill or Johnny Depp AT ALL. Brad Pitt always just looks greasy to me and I just want to hold him down and give him a thorough hot, soapy bath to freshen him up. And it will not be at all about sex or attraction, it will be about getting you free of that greaseball look.

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
6 grandkids
G
G
I haven't had a second today...... but I got a good laugh out of this.

Like I said, I make sure there is a full body pic, no makeup pic, me shoving food in my mouth because I love food, and me holding a bottle of wine in my crazy Christmas leggings. Also one with curly hair, and one when I blow out my hair straight.

Guys need to know what they are getting into. It doesn't feel good when someone is disappointed in how you look because you didn't accurately represent themselves. I would rather them be pleasantly surprised.

Public restroom selfies with a guy in the background taking a pi$$, well, I go right past that one.

D
D
Originally Posted by Dawn70
Fair warning, doodler, if you look like Brad Pitt and we ever do happen upon each other in person, I WILL be overcome with the desire to give you a bath.

Dawn,

Would you go for a Don Henley head riding around on a Dwayne Johnson body? Would you believe that's an accurate description of me? I could put a bag over my head because the Johnson is much more important than the Henley.

In reality, I'm a zombie-esque old guy. My mouth hangs open and I drag my left foot when I walk. Fortunately, the necrotic skin eventually sloughs off.

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard