Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
L
L
I haven't read the entire situation, but I feel your pain. It's hard when you wish there was something that can be done, wish that one certain action would shake them, wish they consider the kids, etc. it's even harder when all attempts have been exhausted. I'm sure we all go through the same motions.

My walk away does not have another woman, but my first husband did. So I feel the pain there too. what I can say is do not think that your spouse forgot all your positives. Believe me they do. Stay strong. Not doing anything, is doing something. As odd as it sounds. My ex told me when he came back how much he missed my sense of humor. And all along I thought I was never on his mind.

I shake my head at WAS's bc we all made a commitment to stick this relationship out when we clearly can walk away as quickly as they did. I can't promise that they will come back, or that the marriage will be salvaged, but what I can say is you will be glad and proud of yourself that you chose to make the commitment to stick with your spouse. It shows character.

R
RR17 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Loves, I agree and appreciate that remark. I currently don't know if W has OM. She did in the past but swears there is no one now. I tend to believe her, I don't fully trust anything based on the past A. Once bitten....

What gets me is the level of effort with respect and consideration that had been missing for so long, now she shows, yet she claims she is on her way out. Very confusing.

Mature communication is apparently too much to expect. Anger is the product of feeling that you deserve something that you are being cheated out of. This doesn't mean that we shrug responsibility for contributing to a toxic R.

I believe most of us feel cheated.

M 53 W 54, M since 98
D15, D19
8/2013 discovered EA, W maintained contact with OM
until 10/14
7/2/17 W said she wanted S, 7/25/17 moved out of MBR
12/17 W says moving out 5/18, W still in home.

G
G
RR

Keep thinking of you as the school year ends

How was mother s day

Hope you are well

Being an awesome RR

Busy GALing

Keeping expectations at zero

Gordie 40s W 40s M20+ kids
2016 BD W fantasy affair w OM1 I do everything wrong
2017 I start to DB W says TLTL files for D PA w OM2
2018 I do LRT W drops filing and OM2 situation slowly improving
L
L
RR you've given me all kinds of support and incredible information. Stay strong . Be kind to yourself with lots of self care and stay positive.

M51 w50
T-20Yrs M-16Yrs
S15- mad at W for not trying and giving up
1 Awesum dog
BD 10/31/17
separate rooms 02/08/18
wife moved out 05/17/18

R
RR17 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Gordie, thanks for your concern.

Mothers Day, W expressed that she wanted to go to breakfast and we did. I stayed gone most of the day and I cooked dinner, W was happy and no drama.

This whole GAL thing has given me a good reason to take stock and tweak some things I had let stray. All good things in the large picture.

Where the ongoing struggle for me is the conflicting messages. As I have said, W shows more consideration and respect than I have seen in a decade. Once in a while, she will do something that seems to disregard my interest. Like plans to retrieve my D18 from school without discussing or input. And I have confronted her on these things in as constructive approach as possible, and W has listened without defense. Not to over analyze but there is a cognitive detachment there, like she just never thought how I might be interested or be involved in bringing my child home 800 miles away.

I sense some detachment from the marriage, yet I see the respect and a seeming desire to spend time and do things with me. D15 was gone to my sister's until Sunday night and we shopped and grilled and even had sex. No she did seem withdrawn during sex but not totally absent and she didn't seem to be doing it against her will.

Last I've heard her plans haven't changed, but I haven't seen any signs of execution. In fact, financially it seems unlikely at the moment.
Perhaps she is just keeping the peace until she exits?
W is not a phony person and especially lately seems to be committed to being true to herself.

Yes, I work at keeping expectations at zero. An ongoing battle.

Like my mom used to say. "You worry about you"

Thanks again for your concern.

M 53 W 54, M since 98
D15, D19
until 10/14

L
L
R,

Thats all you can do is take it one day at a time, keep expectations at zero and let her go if she wants to go.

G
G
RR

The mixed messages are soul crushing

The summer before b d was magical

We went on vacation together

And had a ton of fun with the kids

And then she told me she did not want to be m

Still today there are times when she wants family time

And time when she wants to be a single woman

And not knowing what you will get on any one day can make me crazy

Your expectations kill you

Because you expect her to consider you in picking up your daughter

But she really is only thinking of herself

Sometimes she remembers to think of you

Other times not

The stories I could tell you

Question is do you choose to be patient

You are doing awesome at GAL

And being the best you

Hopefully she is noticing

But if not you still have a better you

Peace

Gordie 40s W 40s M20+ kids
2016 BD W fantasy affair w OM1 I do everything wrong
2017 I start to DB W says TLTL files for D PA w OM2
2018 I do LRT W drops filing and OM2 situation slowly improving
R
RR17 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Well, I'm being a better RR.

The lessons I've learned and continue to learn about Detachment and Differentiation of Self as well as what constitutes Controlling Behavior will benefit me regardless of what happens in my M.

LoneWlf, Thanks for your kind words. We tend to give better advice to others than we give ourselves. I think we remind ourselves when we advise others.

There are some great people here. People that seek understanding without judgment. People that seek understanding in their own sitch by helping others.

M 53 W 54, M since 98
D15, D19
until 10/14

S
S
Originally Posted By: RR17
Well, I'm being a better RR.

The lessons I've learned and continue to learn about Detachment and Differentiation of Self as well as what constitutes Controlling Behavior will benefit me regardless of what happens in my M.

LoneWlf, Thanks for your kind words. We tend to give better advice to others than we give ourselves. I think we remind ourselves when we advise others.

There are some great people here. People that seek understanding without judgment. People that seek understanding in their own sitch by helping others.

Well said.

Any update on your W's proclamation that she is moving out? Have you seen any activity from her to suggest that she will do so in the next 2 weeks?

M(53), W(54),D(19)
M-23, T-25 Bomb Drop - Dec.23, 2017
Ring and Piecing since March 2018
R
RR17 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Quote:
Any update on your W's proclamation that she is moving out? Have you seen any activity from her to suggest that she will do so in the next 2 weeks?

None whatsoever.

She continues to show that she wants to spend time with me. Respect and consideration are at an all-time high.

Not sure how this will ever transpire to a loss or recon. Right now I'm not focusing on it.

M 53 W 54, M since 98
D15, D19
until 10/14

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard