Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
E
OP Offline
E
As any posters, LBS experienced the wedding of their child?

Can you share it with us, please.

A
A
I wasn't a LBS at the time but I have been at two weddings where there were divorced parents involved. In both cases the divorces had happened a long time ago and there was no infidelity.

At my daughter's wedding her FIL came with his partner. The partner wasn't seated at the ceremony in the "parents" seat and her MIL / FIL were I believe at different tables during the dinner.

At my youngest brother's wedding his FIL walked his daughter down the aisle but again, the FIL/MIL weren't obliged to interact with each other.

In both cases traditional "parents / bride & groom" pictures were taken. There was some tension but overall everything was fine with people focusing on what really mattered.

If my son were to be married I think that I could hold it together and be civil to my ex even if she showed up with her guy but I would certainly minimize any interactions.

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
E
OP Offline
E
Thank you Andrew for sharing your experiences with me.
D22 is engage. They are in for the long hall.. her man is wonderful and the love and respect they share is admirable. I could not be happier for both of them.

The marriage discussion has begun. Marriage in Cuba? Marriage closer to home?
Marriage in Gros Morne, Newfoundland??
I am under the impression that ex-h is left out. ??? I do not know if i should ask D22 what her plan is in regard of ex-h. I have been staying out of the relationship he created between him and each of our children.

In the same time, it got me thinking about my position. I am very VERY anxious around him still to this day.
Having to face his OW and him together is not very appealing to me.

I know it is not about me. I know i will need to prepare mentally for this. I need to reassure myself that I CAN DO THIS AND EVERYTHING WILL BE OK. I will have anxiety med incase of unexpected events or provocating words from ex-h since he is always the biggest prick to me infront of OW. ( reassurance for her) .
I know for a fact that if ex-h was to come alone, everything would be smooth.
Let the prayers begin.. smile

E
OP Offline
E

And MLC continue..
I received a Costco' s renewal notice addressed to ex-h' midden name and MY ADRESS on it.. Are those membership good for TEN years?? I doubt it..
I took a pic of the enveloppe and sent it to ex-h asking if it is his?
He answered: " yes, it is mine"
I ended the conversation with a : ok

What do i do with this now?
D17 does not want to bring it to him. They have been distancing from him since Christmas. Ex-h has been playinv the guilt trip on them while making excuses on his end to not coming to see them.

My question to you guys: " Can you renew those membership on line?

If so, i will ignore this letter all together. If not, i' ll have to find a way to get it to him.

I could do soooo much damage with this!! Lol
He is lucky i am not the type to get revenge. I could give this simple letter to his little lady and expose him. Using different names, different adresses. The fact that MY adress is on it is twice as hard to swallow since we have been separated for so long.

It' s almost like he wants to get caught.
I do know he has OWs beside this living in one and so does the children.

He will never come out of it. He still cycles in ALL STAGES.

I think what triggered him this time around is OUR DISCUSSION to relocate. It seem like he is losing his family (us) all over again.

Maybe i got this all wrong. I am speculating what MLC is to us.

Journaling and comparing our experiences are the best way to knowledge on the subject.

job Offline
Yes, they can renew on line for Costco and BJ's. They can also renew at the store when they check out. I would file it away under file 13. He knows it's time to renew since you've let him know about it. I wouldn't worry about it.

Don't be surprised if you get more mail w/his name and your address on it. They can't seem to get it together when it comes to the mail. My xh had 5 mailing addresses and still some of his junk mail was coming to my residence. They don't think about changing the mail unless it's some very important to them. Otherwise, it's not important.

The one thing that we all tend to do is over analyze stuff. He's in replay, therefore the cycling back and forth. He'll continue to do this until his issues are resolved. The best thing to do is just leave him be and keep the focus on you and your life for now.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
E
OP Offline
E
Thank you Job for answering my question.

You are a great help and i appreciate you so much! Xo

job Offline
Members from Costco and BJ's can renew at the register or at the service desk, on line or have automatic deduction from checking account for the yearly renewal. The only reason I am familiar with this process is because I am a member at both businesses.

If it had been important to him, he would have told you what to do w/it. Evidently, he's not worried about it. File 13 is calling for that renewal notice. LOL!

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
E
OP Offline
E
Shocking news this morning..

Reflexion..

My BIL ( On my side of the family ) commited suicide yesterday.
This man was very successful, family man, very quiet and reserved. He was, how ever, not a happy man. We saw him as a good man but abit special in his ways but we accapted him as he was.

No one expected this from him. We are all in shock.

My ex-h is seen in the same way. Not a happy man.. never was..

Please, appreciate ALL OF YOUR BLESSINGS!!! life is tough but we have sooo much GOODNESS, KINDNESS, BEAUTY AND LOVE to GIVE AND RECEIVE.. DO NOT TAKE LIFE GOR GRANTED!!

K
kml Offline
K
Wow, so sorry to hear that. frown

A
A
(((exquisite)))

My sympathies to you and your family.

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard