Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
Holding #2775868 01/18/18 11:37 AM
E
E
Not that this related to your sitch at all, but you should probably not read too much into the passenger airbag not deploying. Any relatively new car (2000s) shouldnt deploy the passenger airbag if there's not enough weight in the seat.

The main reason for this is because an airbag deployment would injure (quite possibly fatally) a small child who was improperly placed in that seat. That the airbag did not deploy implies that the sensors were working PROPERLY.

Last edited by Cadet; 01/18/18 03:42 PM. Reason: Start a new thread message

Just keep swimming
Verum #2775938 01/19/18 04:43 AM
A
A
Originally Posted By: FastCars

AS, I meant people would find it difficult to believe that I was the first one on the scene to go to the car. I mean, what are the chances?

Oh I understand, yeah that was a crazy coincidence!

Quote:
I am letting her do everything herself. She doesn't ask for help and I don't offer.

Good!

Quote:
The W sent me a text yesterday saying she was going to get a car, any thoughts?

Well she had to, so no surprise. It was good of her to let you know though.

Quote:
She told me she put some money down and will have a monthly car payment. We had split our banking accounts and I know exactly how much she has. Between the car and some dental work uncovered by insurance I know money will be tight for her.

Just remember what you said above- "I am letting her do everything herself. She doesn't ask for help and I don't offer." That still applies!

Sorry to hear she's still pushing through with D, but that's not really a surprise. Recent events may very well be on her mind, but a WAS changing their mind is like a huge cruise ship turning around. It may be starting now, but it won't be completed for quite some time.

Last edited by Cadet; 01/19/18 05:29 AM. Reason: Start a new thread message

Me: 60 w/ S18, D24, D27

M: 21 years; BD: 06-14-12; S: 09-10-12; D final: 03-17-14; XW:57
V
Verum Offline OP
OP Offline
V
Journaling ...

Not much since the last post, but, I like to journal. On Thursday texted W that I'd be home late. I did this because of the kids and to make sure one of us is home. I went to dance lessons, which I have not told her I started. When I got home, there was food for me from a local Mexican restaurant she took the kids to dinner. I guess she didn't feel like cooking. Nice to get me something and bring it home.

I spent most of the Weekend doing GAL activities. Almost all of Saturday from 9:00 am through 8pm was taken up with flying. Had a great flight with a buddy of mine. When I got home, the W was out and didn't get back before I went to bed at 11pm. On Sunday morning, did crossfit with our group. W went but didn't exercise because she's still recovering from accident. I learned she went to a friend's on Saturday because he said he drove her new car. After crossfit I went out to soccer and then met up with friends at a wine bar. My W came to the wine bar too. We were 3 couples at the wine bar. Afterwards, they were all going to see a movie across the street. I told them I was going home since I was tired and hardly saw my kids all weekend. My W just kept walking across the street, but the two other wives made a point of giving me a hug goodbye.

At home later, my W said the movie was no good. She had a telephone call with the cop investigating the accident who told her the report would be out soon. The other driver is claiming it is my W's fault, but the cop doesn't believe him because of where the accident occurred and the positioning of the cars. My W did prep work for her job and I went to bed.

I did ask my W if she was joining us for our upcoming ski trip, and she said yes. It has become a family traditional trip so this is good for my kids.

I guess this is how it should be, not much and the two of us going on with our lives ... together but separate.

------------------
Verum #2776279 01/22/18 09:40 AM
S
S

I guess this is how it should be, not much and the two of us going on with our lives ... together but separate.

In a post a few days ago, you mentioned she was moving full steam ahead. How is the current living situation working out? Is she still on the couch?

Me: 28
W: 28
No Kids
Together: 10 years
Married: 3 years
ILYBIDLY: 11/2/17
She moved out: 11/15/17
Salazar #2776281 01/22/18 09:53 AM
V
Verum Offline OP
OP Offline
V
Originally Posted By: Salazar

In a post a few days ago, you mentioned she was moving full steam ahead. How is the current living situation working out? Is she still on the couch?

yes, she's still on the couch. We live together fine. I try to walk the balance of being distant but not rude. So I will say "good morning" for example, or "hello" when we get home from work, but I don't ask how her day was, where she's going, etc. I treat her like an acquaintance. I don't go out of my way to do things for her, but again I'm not a jerk about chores, etc. So I did some laundry this weekend, mainly my own but some of her clothes were mixed in.

------------------
Verum #2776291 01/22/18 10:40 AM
C
C

Last edited by Cadet; 01/23/18 08:01 AM. Reason: Link

Me-70, D37,S36
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard