Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
L
L
Treasur...... OH what a treasure is this post!

Please, please, please don't just disappear! Consider moving to the MLC forum here, or at least leave BIG bread crumb hints behind to help your friends find you in your new "place".

I value your input, I love to read your words, and I think you should strongly consider penning them into your own book someday. Although I say that frequently to you and a couple of other posters, I don't say it lightly AT ALL. I mean it. I love nothing more than great groups of words. They are like music to me, and mean almost as much. They help me make sense out of this crazy life and give me ways to express my often dramatic feelings without feeling over-dramatic.

I'm SO glad you got to meet IRL. There is no other experience that I've had that quite compared to that. I think it's invaluable to feel you know someone so well from reading their innermost thoughts for months, and find out they are EXACTLY as special as you thought they would be.

Oh the places you'll go...... I feel so positive about the road before you. You're going to have a wonderful, full, happy life.

Please check in now and then, even if you leave the forum. I need you.

((((( Treasur/TREASURE )))))))

M-60 H-51
M-14 years
BD 12/26/16
S 1/1/17

"First the pain, then the rising."
Glennon Doyle Melton

C
C
Hi Treasur. So glad we were able to meet in person. Thank you for your honesty and kindness. I hope we stay in touch. I am always here if you ever need to talk in person.

I, too, hope you don't swear off this site. You write and express yourself and so many feelings that others share but may not articulate so so well. Reading your posts have really helped me and I appreciate your input and views.

Your story is still relevant and important to so many. I know this for certain as I have been reading for four years on this site and just started posting. I am sure I am not alone.

I don't think it is unusual to take a break from posting and reading but I can tell you people, me included, do want to follow you and your story. We all become so attached. Please keep us posted even if a lot of time has passed but most importantly take care of yourself.

Keep your light shining. Hugs.

Me-54 H-49
T-1. M-7
BD 6/13 ILYBN I threw him out
OW - 3/13
OW2 on and off Overlap w/Ow1and OW3
OW3 - 8/17
H filed 1/17
T
Treasur Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Thought I'd pop back in to say goodbye and thank you.

I'm finally up off my knees, having learned more about MLC and my own resilience than I really wanted to! Not sure on the details of what 2018 will hold for me but it will be better. Life in my little house by the sea continues to be a good thing. The turning point for me, the point at which my head came up again, was really when I accepted the reality of MLC and the limits of what I could do. Taking my eyes off my H's life and letting him go with love saved me. Detachment saved my sanity first and then gave me a way to look past the losses to what comes next.

And my H? I have little information. His divorce is almost done. Some recent surprising events showed that he may be at the early stages of finding his way out of his crisis, but his life is far from good. A few conversations over New Year taught me that the MLC playbook is surprisingly accurate about everything from a disordered ow who turned out to have stolen from him and lied to him, the depth of anger he felt as a driving emotion and the timing of first glimmers of regret, perhaps even shame. I have no idea what will happen to him but I hope he eventually recovers and becomes the man he was always supposed to be.

Me: 53 H:38
T:20 M:14
BD ILYB etc 10/15, H diagnosed severe depression
S 1/16
PA 4/16
H filed 1/17

H
H
Treasur, I'm glad you seem to be in a better place and have accepted your path.

Don't be a stranger. You may be able to help others who are dealing with a MLC spouse.

Me-47,XW-43
S13,S16
M:18
BD:4-23-17
W filed:7-17-17
(5 months of in-house separation hell)
W moved out:1-6-18
D granted:2-15-18
Decree signed:3-29-18

Your future is out there. Go find it.
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis