Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
L
L
I don't know why, but that ^^^^ whole story just gave me huge satisfaction. And kudos to you for keeping your cool. I'm impressed!

M-60 H-51
M-14 years
BD 12/26/16
S 1/1/17

"First the pain, then the rising."
Glennon Doyle Melton

T
Tread Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Leah,

Thanks. The advantage I have over W is being cool and not so emotional in such situations. The only time I have ever been emotional to not maintaining complete control is the start of finding out about the A. I was kind of tempted to hold my face as if the door actually hit. Would be interesting seeing W get hauled out of the house in handcuffs in front of MIL, SIL and the neighbours.

MR: 15 T:17
Me: 37 W: 34
S14
BD/PA/EA: 12/2016
H
H
Tread, what an awful thing to deal with. But you handled it really well. Congrats for making the most of a cr@ppy situation.

Me-47,XW-43
S13,S16
M:18
BD:4-23-17
W filed:7-17-17
(5 months of in-house separation hell)
W moved out:1-6-18
D granted:2-15-18
Decree signed:3-29-18

Your future is out there. Go find it.
G
G
She was probably on her way to cleaning you out.

Might want to take a few memorial heirloom type items elsewhere to use as ransom should she ever get in and actually clean you out. If her name is on the deed, it won't matter if the the locks are changed...she can break in, legally. It's her house too.

Don't ever TELL her you took a few memorial items as ransom, instead you imply it when she eventually asks about their whereabouts. All records should be moved and stored elsewhere and old photo albums and jewelry as well. Things that can't be replaced and would give you bargaining power when you say "I have no idea where xy and z are, do you know where my 1/2 of x,y and z are - I think I may have hid them in one of those items for safekeeping -- I'll tell you what, why don't you bring back my x, y and z and I'll see if I can't find those things you hope can be located".

You got lucky today but way too many betrayed guys like you have come home to find an old stool, a single fork and a jar of something fermenting in the fridge and nothing else. Legal or not - possession is 9/10ths of the law and it'll take months for the courts to MAYBE punish her and by then, you'll have had to replace it anyway.

don't forget to change the code on the garage door opener.

The internet is 90% complaining and entitlement and I hate it because I deserve better!
T
T
Dude...that [censored] so bad, but you did awesome!!! I LOL'd hard when you said you gave ur SIL the middle finger......priceless!!

Married 14, Together 17
M: 44, W: 43, D: 8, D: 6
M: 46, W: 45. D: 10. D: 8 (CUR)
Bomb Dropped: 5/28/2017
Separation Date: 6/17/2017
Divorce Filed: 2/7/2018
Divorce Final: 4/12/2018
T
Tread Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Georgia Bulldogs,

You know she was on her way to clean my a** out. Even the officer knew that. Already locked up the jewelry, but thanks for letting me know about the documents. Never even considered that. So as we continue in my tell of the WW. Due to advice from parents, I tell S13 about W, MIL and SIL showing up to take everything out this house. And let him know that his mother is not welcomed in this house when I am not around. Neither are his aunt and grandmother.

Also I'm not sure if I was dreaming. But I think W tried to get in the house around 3:00am this morning. She got a part time job that ends around that time not too far from the house. So when W came to pick up S13(late by the way). I watched from the window and she for the first time range the doorbell and waited. So I'm pretty sure that wasn't a dream. She didn't even attempt to pull out her key. So W comes in upset that S13 doesn't have his clothes backed. I ask why would he need his clothes back. W says that she will be keeping him for the rest of the weekend. And will take him to school on Tuesday and he will return home from there.

I have no issue with that plan, he has been with me all this time. But I asked W yesterday if what did she have planned and how long she was going to keep him today. And she refused to give me an answer. W even refused to give me the time she would show up this morning and she still refused to answer. So I told her that I wouldn't open the door. That's when she finally said she would be at the house at 9:00am. So back to this morning, I tell her if she had told instead of being secretive, I could have washed his clothes last night and had him ready by the time she showed up. Now she's scrambling around the house looking for 3 days worth of clothes.

So I tell W that that my grandmother's funeral is on Thursday. S13 and I will be leaving town on Wednesday. This woman has the audacity to tell me that I need her permission to take him out of the state and that ain't happening. I tell W to kiss my a**, because he is going. So I bring S13 out the house and ask W in front of him. If she is saying that he can't attend his great grandmother's funeral. So W says that she will think about it.

Talked with my parents this morning who plan on spending the day tomorrow visiting me. My mother says that I need a hug. Wondering if my mother has anything in mind for W. Not sure if my W can keep S13 from attending the funeral, since nothing has been filed either one of should be able to do what we want with him. But if W does block that, then my mother will ignore my pleas to not get involved and it will get ugly. They have already talked with several relatives in the family with money and are talking about getting a good lawyer to not just get the divorce done, but to ruin W.

W on the other hand has broke family. Who take and have nothing to give. W has pissed off a lot of people who couldn't stand her anyways. But once again these are consequences that she chooses to ignore. So once again for those who wondering why I was worried. Yes, my W and her trifling sister and mother would use S13 against me. Her mother pulled the same thing with her own father.

S14
[quote=Georgia Bulldogs]I'm still on restriction so I can't edit my post but didn't mean to say:

I don't think any of us can edit our posts. I wish.

I'll say one thing about "lying". (I use quotes around "lying" b/c I maintain the right to avoid needless pain on others, with "white lies." like when my obese sister was getting married. On her wedding day she asked me if it looked as if she'd lost weight. I almost hesitated before lying and saying "yes, you look beautiful." These events must always be for someone else's benefit, not ours.)

In terms of real truth, I don't lie. However there's a difference between telling the truth and the right to our privacy.

My s31 asks too much about the divorce status, imo. I know he means well. I would tell the kids if I had ovarian cancer, but I don't want them to join me for the pap smear.

Make sense?

And I tell them if I don't feel comfortable discussing something, b/c I don't want to be in a position where I'm uneasy telling the truth, but won't lie. I mean, MUST I tell them all the lousy things their dad said or did our last week together?

No. It was bad enough to experience it, and he is their dad. Their DNA is half from him. I cannot believe that their resentment of him will at some point, be turned a bit inward.

There does seem to be a repeat of parental behavior around. Guys claim they'd "never be like" their dad. But they turn 40, 50 or 60, and a relatively high number of them DO what their Walk Away dads did.

It's strange.
[/color]

M: 57 H: 60
M: 35 yrs
S30,D28,D19
H off to Alaska 2006
Recon 7/07- 8/08
*2016*
X = "ALASKA 2.0"
GROUND HOG DAY
I File D 10/16
OW
DIV 2/26/2018
X marries OW 5/2016

= CLOSURE 4 ME
Embrace the Change
Yes I do wish we could EDIT!

cry

M: 57 H: 60
M: 35 yrs
S30,D28,D19
H off to Alaska 2006
Recon 7/07- 8/08
*2016*
X = "ALASKA 2.0"
GROUND HOG DAY
I File D 10/16
OW
DIV 2/26/2018
X marries OW 5/2016

= CLOSURE 4 ME
Embrace the Change
G
G
Originally Posted By: 25yearsmlc
Yes I do wish we could EDIT!

cry

Even if only for 15 minutes or so.

Just seems the majority of people are now used to forums and how they operate and being able to edit is just something you expect to be able to do. I know it can be used passive aggressively, but It's not like we're still enduring the great board wars of 2008-2011.

Not really a big deal - I'm not complaining, life is good.

Quote:
*2016*
H Alaska Again!
Groundhog Day
I File D 10/16
OW

Just noticed this. I'll take a look around for the story but I'm sorry to hear this.

The internet is 90% complaining and entitlement and I hate it because I deserve better!
T
Tread Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Going to take a moment to vent my thoughts on this board. Buried my grandmother today. And I just had this feeling of being pissed at W and sad for the loss of my grandmother at the same time. While members of my family gave their final view of the body comforted by their spouses. I found myself alone where my W should have been for support. My W didn't as much call or text to see how things were going.

Even after I found out about the A. I still put that aside to support my W and provide comfort near losses of her friends and family. I lose my grandmother and nothing, but silence. Yet she is social media W is writing poetry about friendship. The foundation of our relationship has always been friendship. Before we got together we were great friends. Would a friend treat another like this?

I left the burial grounds today with every intent on serving W with divorce papers next week. There is nothing else there, but a child we share. And I don't even intend on being cordial with her at this point. Just sharing basic information and keeping it moving. This woman doesn't deserve compassion or empathy. I want the world to know what kind of a human being my W is. From there the world can deal with her accordingly. But I am seriously tired of her fake a**.

S14
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard