Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
G
OP Offline
G
Raliced,

Thanks for stopping by. I would send you an almond joy but you know I would eat it. :-)I’m so happy you are well and I concur, call me a decrepit, old fashioned lady but I can’t relate to the “you get kids at 12:30 pm at Chick Fil-A thinking. I relate to so much of what you say. It’s such a mix of emotions and yes, I miss the practicalities of being married. At least D12 is 5’6 and S14 is as well. They can reach the top shelf better than moi:-)

Mmmm. I spoke with x Mr GB tonight. The new gf is moving here in the spring. I had to chuckle-he will be living with GF #2 while I’m saying “oooohhh congratulations!” while internally saying, “yeah, not sure I can do that again.” Your description of relationships being “fragile” echos my feelings. It’s a very complex feeling I suppose. We get along but if I’m being honest, I still look at him and think “what happened?” If I think too long I will get more gray hair.

Wishing everyone peace, good health and happiness.

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
Rope dropped Cirque du Soleil style
D final 9-9-14
"Some people are born on 3rd base and go through life thinking they hit a triple." Barry Switzer
G
OP Offline
G
It’s been a while. I read along but don’t post much right now. I love catching up with my DB peeps.

S14 and I are going to see his favorite NBA player this week. Wahoo! We certainly won’t be going for the home team (they are terrible) but we are psyched to see the best. My baby turned 8 last week. Where has the time gone?

I won an award our company sales meeting. I work for a huge company and according to my coworkers, no one from our brand wins anything. I was shocked and thrilled. This particular job was one that was open to me a couple of years ago. I am working with some individuals I’ve worked with before and they are friends of mine. I hesitated to make the switch a couple of years ago because I was concerned about many things. I am grateful the universe give me another opportunity and I guess it was a matter of timing. It’s a fun job with good peeps. I work from home and it’s super flexible and it’s over 6 figures. I am super grateful for this opportunity.

My brother wants my mom to come stay with me a while. My mother and I have never gotten along because I cannot describe to people who are more different. I told him that it’s fine for her to come stay for a bit, however she will not be happy. But I’m going to make the best of it and try to make it fun.

I’m still dating the guy, although I don’t consider it serious. I enjoy spending time with him and are usually see him a few times a month. We do have fun together. However, after his behavior this last summer where he essentially disappeared except for email for a few months, I sort of just feel different. I certainly understand that he was going through a hard time and I get it. I do. However, something flipped for me. I guess I don’t spend much time thinking about the future when it comes to relationships. I’m sort of a hear and now girl.

Which brings me to this. I have lots of guy friends. They have asked me to join them on their yearly guys trip. I realize this probably sounds odd to many of you. I did go for a couple of days a couple of years ago. And I had fun. Nothing happens between me and the guys. We’ve been friends for years. For those of you that have followed along, I probably fall somewhere under the very vast umbrella of asexuality. I would like to be clear. I find many people attractive, beautiful, cute, handsome, etc. But I rarely experience attaction. As a matter of fact, I can count the number of times I have on one hand in my life. It’s actually less than one hand. When I do experience it, it’s actually very confusing to me. It’s very difficult for me to explain and I’m sure many people lost me about six sentences ago. I’ve always beat to my own drum-what can I say? Which brings me to the offer to go on this trip again. One guy who is going is not a friend of mine. He is the person that I did experience that feeling with a couple of years ago and we did hook up. (Not the sexay times). I have seen him several times since then and made an a$$ of myself last spring. Oh well. While I am very attracted to him, I know it is not reciprocated. So, I know if I go on this trip nothing will happen. I’m afraid it might get confusing for me mentally, but on the flipside I think it may be good for me to be reminded that the universe doesn’t always give us what we want. Even though I’ve known that for years. Hopefully, if I go, I won’t feel too weird. I just have to remind myself that everyone likes something different. Sigh. This may be a good test of my mental fortitude.

Hope everyone is well. Xoxo

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
D final 9-9-14
"Some people are born on 3rd base and go through life thinking they hit a triple." Barry Switzer
D
D
Glad for the update, GB and most importantly that you and the kids are well. I am tickled that you get to take S14 to see his favorite NBA player. What a lovely memory that will be for him. Sounds like you are really doing well on the work front. Good for you!

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
G
OP Offline
G
You are so sweet, Dawn. Congrats on having so much fun. I have to get back to having fun. I had a difficult conversation with the NG (which is going on about a year and a half). I know he loves me very much and I told him I simply don’t see myself married or possibly living with anyone anytime soon...possibly never. He was okay with that and said he just had to adjust his expectations. I said that I didn’t want to keep him from getting what he wants. We will see how this plays out. I generally only see him once a week at this point. I don’t think I have the capacity to date because I’m a lot to sign up for. I’m low maintenance but my life is anything but. However, I’ll be honest, I would like to meet someone i wanted to rip his clothes off. Did I say that? Not gonna happen but it’s nice to dream.

My youngest muffin met ex Mr. GB’s gf this weekend. Ex Mr. GB still thinks we are all going to live next door to each other. (This is a true story). He also tells me that he doesn’t like to think of me with anyone else. I said “it’s all good.”

S14 and I had a blast Friday night. We had excellent seats and could see Lebron’s pensive face.

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
D final 9-9-14
G
OP Offline
G
Oh my. So I went out with a friend this weekend. We were catching up when this extremely attractive guy sat down next to us. She commented to me how attractive he was and we started talking to him. He was very polite and my friend went to the restroom. He asked me how long I had been divorced and how many kids I had. We talked about sports for a bit and she cane back. I’m sure I’ve mentioned I’m terrible at “signals”- probably because I have so many guy friends. The next time my friend went to the restroom he said “are all the guys in your phone in the friend zone?” I laughed and said I had lots of guy friends. We talked to him for about an hour and a half and he seemed normal. Hot. But normal.

Anyways, we were getting ready to leave and he asked if I was on a certain social media. I said yes. He looked me up and followed me. Before we left he sent me his number. I thought he was going to ask about my friend but then he called (I didn’t answer) and asked if he could take me out. I’m a little confused. I’m not sure if I should meet him for a drink. I. Don’t. Know. Anymore. He has texted me today. Flirty but nothing inappropriate nor has he asked for booty shots. Is it bad that one has to say that to define flirty but not inappropriate? :-(

Hope everyone is having a good week.

Hope

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
D final 9-9-14
C
C
From your 2/11/18 post:
Originally Posted By: Georgiabelle
However, I’ll be honest, I would like to meet someone i wanted to rip his clothes off. Did I say that? Not gonna happen but it’s nice to dream.

In your post today:
We talked to him for about an hour and a half and he seemed normal. Hot. But normal.
I thought he was going to ask about my friend but then he called (I didn’t answer) and asked if he could take me out. I’m a little confused. I’m not sure if I should meet him for a drink. I. Don’t. Know. Anymore.

I am not familiar with your sitch, but read these last two posts and seems to me you might have got what you asked for…

M - 9 1/2 years
5/5/16 - Bomb drop - 3 week EA
10/31/16 - We sold house
01/10/18 - D Finalized
D
D
Flirty but nothing inappropriate nor has he asked for booty shots. Is it bad that one has to say that to define flirty but not inappropriate?

Georgiabelle,

I'd actually have to see the booty pictures before I could provide a cogent response to your question.

K
kml Offline
K
Hey - he asked about your life, he didn't send you a dick pic - you may have found a winner! At least go out to dinner with him and find out more about him.

G
G
Girl, you need to hit that!

D
D
^^^^^^^^^^^^ What G said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wink

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard