Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
D
D
Originally Posted By: kml
What little is left of his stuff is stored in my garage.

You can donate his stuff to Goodwill. They'll send a truck to pick up the stuff and donations are tax deductible.

F
F
Hello

I've not read up on your whole situation and thinking about it, but I just remembered something that might be of help. You might already know about this, of course wink

Have you come across the 'grey rock' theory/behaviour? If you haven't, it might be worth checking out. I might help you back away from this whole situation in a really safe way.

I have a feeling that you might be really good at it, you're very aware/self aware and very good at controlling your thinking/actions in his regard. Might be worth a try?

Me: 48, XH: 42
T: 18 years, M: 15 years

EA/PA 1: 6/2012
EA/PA 2: from autumn 2012-present

BD: 5/2013
ILYBNILWY BD & left: 10/2015

OW conceived: 8/2016
Born: 4/2017

H filed: 7/2017
D final: 28/12/2017
K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Yes, I did read the gray rock theory, that's what I'm trying to do.

I donated a lot of his stuff to goodwill and put most of his furniture in a consignment store. I am just keeping for him the few things he asked for - his bedroom set and nice television, a few nice clothes. I'm happy to do that for him, as when he does move back out on his own he will have a nice bedroom and that will mean a lot to him. Getting rid of it now would be spiteful and likely to trigger a lasting grudge, which I DON'T want.

F
F
Yes, I did read the gray rock theory, that's what I'm trying to do.

Thought that you might already know about it smile

Me: 48, XH: 42
T: 18 years, M: 15 years

EA/PA 1: 6/2012
EA/PA 2: from autumn 2012-present

BD: 5/2013
ILYBNILWY BD & left: 10/2015

OW conceived: 8/2016
Born: 4/2017

H filed: 7/2017
D final: 28/12/2017
D
D
I donated a lot of his stuff to goodwill and put most of his furniture in a consignment store. I am just keeping for him the few things he asked for - his bedroom set and nice television, a few nice clothes. I'm happy to do that for him, as when he does move back out on his own he will have a nice bedroom and that will mean a lot to him. Getting rid of it now would be spiteful and likely to trigger a lasting grudge, which I DON'T want.

I understand. smile

K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
An encounter with an ex-roommate of Mr SEB this morning - I learned even more about the depth of his sociopathy. Perfect timing as it definitely offset the two dozen roses and schmaltzy card Mr. SEB sent this morning.

V
V
I love a good hoover manoeuvre

Just switch from up to out on the suction.

V

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Lol - yup, he's hoovering for sure. But I'm completely not susceptible, he wasted his money.

The flowers make me a little nauseous, to tell the truth.

B
B
Ellie checking in on you - you ok?

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Yeah, I'm ok. Trying to respond to his texts with the bare minimum - gray rock approach. I have an excuse as I am studying for a big exam right now.

I'm trying to wait until he starts his intensive psychiatric treatment at the beginning of June before I inform him that we are really over. Meanwhile he posted a montage of photos of us together on FB yesterday calling me his "best friend and love of my life". All I think when I see those pictures is: "Wow, they look like such a nice couple, no one would ever suspect that he was LYING AND CHEATING ON HER THAT WHOLE TIME!"

Now that he has his phone back, I can see that he is reaching out to some of his former/other women. I'm hoping he lines something up to take the focus off of me.

The side chick also texted me yesterday. She asked me if he had his phone now and if he was contacting me - I told her yes. I think she's stuck in this weird place - she doesn't want to go back to him, and she doesn't want to see me go back given what she knows about him (she doesn't know that I know more than she thinks). BUT she's also still jealous and pissed off that he's calling me and not her. Guess it's finally sinking in to her that it was all lies when he told her how
special" and different she was from all his other women.

Of course, he's still contacting me because he thinks I could still be useful to him. She just got evicted and is living out of her car while she tries to find a new apartment, so she can't help him in any way. Also I think he's really scared of her telling me his secrets (he doesn't know that we've already spoken).

Saw Fox news people tweeting about what a great guy Roger Ailes was and how he loved his wife - ummm, NOT. Guys who love their wives do not sexually harass other women at work. Suspect he was a sociopath just like ex-boyfriend.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard