Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
D
D
Mine was, too. Until it came time. Then all the good stuff was "hers." Tried to leave me with bare bones. Never mind that she had an entire apartment full of good furniture...but she still wanted the couch and bed? Heck no.

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
K
KevinIn Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Wife came over this morning to pick up a kid for school. It was a nice, pleasant, normal morning. Just like before BD#1.
We both put on some good game faces i guess. Especially me, since i had just received a horrible work-related email. Now i have to deal with personal issues, plus work issues. When it rains it pours, right?

M:39 W:36 - D1:2 D2:6
11/19/16 BD1: ILYBNILWY, EA/PA
Dec/Jan: MC, pursuing, not DBing
1/11/17 BD2: W wants 1 month break
2/1/17: Divorce Remedy. Start DBing
2/17/17 BD3: W - separation to start D process
K
KevinIn Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Since i haven't posted in a week, i wanted to give an update.

My wife is still a horrible person.

That's really it. Nothing changed, for good or bad. I did spend a few hours at a school PTA fundraiser on Saturday and she was also there. I was cordial. She was cordial. Just like acquaintances.

We have another mediation session on Friday to finalize custody issues and start the financial stuff.

D
D
Quote:
Just like acquaintances.

Yep. It is what it is.

Quote:
We have another mediation session on Friday to finalize custody issues and start the financial stuff.

This is where the fun begins. Look out for haymakers...

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
R
R
Hi - I was just reading your thread. I can see that your situation is more than likely where I am headed in a matter of time. We've already discussed that we will dissolve the marriage through mediation.

Just wanted to say that you have my support.

Me46 W46 M25yrs T29yrs
4 children
ILYBNILWY 1/30/17
PA confronted 3/6/17
Separated same house
K
KevinIn Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I have mediation session #2 in 30 minutes. Im definitely not in the right frame of mind for it right now. But, i gotta put on my game face and be that guy only a fool would leave.

D
D
Originally Posted By: KevinIn
I have mediation session #2 in 30 minutes. Im definitely not in the right frame of mind for it right now. But, i gotta put on my game face and be that guy only a fool would leave.

Dude, just be you. No game face. Just you.

D
D

Also, if she isn't fully vested in saving the marriage, then MC is a complete waste of time and a joke.

D
D
Originally Posted By: Jeep74

Also, if she isn't fully vested in saving the marriage, then MC is a complete waste of time and a joke.

Aw f***. Disregard that statement...

K
KevinIn Offline OP
OP Offline
K

Mediation #2 is over. My DB coach would not be happy with me, and im not particularly happy with me either.

I was too passive aggressive and took too many cheap shots. Mainly comments about if she really cared about time with the kids, she wouldnt be pursuing separation and she would have actually tried to make it work. She was holding back tears due to the guilt i was throwing at her.

I did ask if it made her angry at me, which she said "no, you are right, and i (my wife) deserves it." I also temperature checked at the end. Dumb idea on my part.

But, for the custody part, i believe we only have 2 unresolved issues:

Introducing romantic partners, and sleepovers with them. I took a more aggressive stance against it for the sake of the kids. She wants to introduce people much sooner.

Christmas vacation - we originally agreed that i could get the kid's entire winter break. Now she wants to split it. I said no. I want the kids the whole time.

I know this is a marathon, but im sick of it and im done with her.

Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard