Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
OT...

Job,

When I was at Pax, there was sandwhich/ice cream shop on 235 maybe halfway between Pax and where 235/5 merged - I want to say that it was just past the school on the left. Is it still there? Name?

Sorry to bother about this - its just nice to actually talk with someone who if from one of the places I lived.

Ok, back on OT now.

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
job Offline
Was the ice cream shop near Thompson's Furniture Store? (Right off the old 235?) If so, it's gone and so is the furniture store. There is a Bruster's Ice Cream Shop on the north bound side of 235. Are you referring to that one?

At the split, there use to be a really nice restaurant called the Halfway House. It was sold, torn down and now a Wawa is there.

Another place that may be one you remember is Bert's. Now, that place has been around a very long time and has really good food, and of course, ice cream.

Last edited by job; 02/10/17 12:30 PM.
D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted By: job
Was the ice cream shop near Thompson's Furniture Store? (Right off the old 235?) If so, it's gone and so is the furniture store. There is a Bruster's Ice Cream Shop on the north bound side of 235. Are you referring to that one?

At the split, there use to be a really nice restaurant called the Halfway House. It was sold, torn down and now a Wawa is there.

Another place that may be one you remember is Bert's. Now, that place has been around a very long time and has really good food, and of course, ice cream.

Looking at google maps, it looks to be where Evergreen Park t-boned into Three Notch, just past Spring Ridge MS. It had some great (and big) sandwiches. Never ate at Berts, or least not that I recall. What ever happened to Clark's Landing Restaurant? Loved the crab cakes.

I hate that its grown so much. Simpler place with a base stuck right in the middle of it. Thanks for catching me up.

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
job Offline
I'm not familiar with the Spring Ridge area as it is "south" of me and I don't have much of a reason to drive down that way too often, but when I do (again), I'll take a look around and see if the place is still there that you mentioned.

Clark's Landing Restaurant was sold almost two years ago. It is due to open under the "Stoney's logo" this summer. Another seafood restaurant owned and operated by the folks at the Stoney's Restaurant on Solomon's Island. The good old boys that owned Clarke's Landing took possession of the Lighthouse restaurant over on Solomon's Island. I don't care for the food at either of the places that I have mentioned. Too much breading in their crab cakes and their prices are entirely too high for what you get for this area. Maryland crab cakes should not have a lot of filler/breading in them.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Thanks, job. I've been to Stoney's once - meh is the description I'll use. Thank you again for telling me about the area. I sure do miss it - and the better times.

job Offline
If you should plan to return to the area, I can recommend two very good places to eat the "Maryland" crab cakes. They are within reason and are excellent.

As for Stoney's...I agree. I wasn't impressed one bit.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
A small slip yesterday, but not too bad overall. Was walking back from the park with the kids when my son asked a simple question out of left field...took me back to when times were good.

Reminiscing s*cks. But it passed pretty quickly and didn't dwell on it. Thought that was a win for me!

And, to top a not bad day off I received a most pleasing Skype call.

D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted By: job
If you should plan to return to the area, I can recommend two very good places to eat the "Maryland" crab cakes. They are within reason and are excellent.

As for Stoney's...I agree. I wasn't impressed one bit.

I hope to. I've been invited to another retirement coming up in November, so we will see. I'd like to get back and see some old friends. I do love those crab cakes. I'd always look out into the bay while driving around base and see the boats/floats. For a while we rented a house in Lexington Park but moved on base into one of the houses by the water. Great views.

D
D
Reminiscing does s*ck and sometimes it hits SO randomly that you are like where the heck did THAT come from? It happens to me sometimes and it always catches me off-guard. I'm so glad that it passed quickly for you and that you were able to move on quickly from it. Resilience is a beautiful thing!

And, glad you got the Skype call. smile You're a lucky guy.

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Quote:
Reminiscing does s*ck and sometimes it hits SO randomly that you are like where the heck did THAT come from? It happens to me sometimes and it always catches me off-guard. I'm so glad that it passed quickly for you and that you were able to move on quickly from it. Resilience is a beautiful thing!

Thank you, Dawn70.

I hate it. But, there isn't anything I can do about it, either. Yesterday was very good in that aspect. Some days, I'm not able to pass so easily.

My kids still believe in their mom. I have always said that one day when they ask that I will tell them the truth. I can't shatter their world as she has.

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard