Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
F
F
Hi AP!

So my contribution to a simple chicken recipe involves garlic. Do you like garlic? Unfortunately, I usually fly by the seat of my pants when it comes to cooking so I don't have a precise recipe. But it goes something like this, minced garlic (jarred or fresh), olive oil, chopped rosemary (fresh really is best in this instance), salt & pepper for taste. Combine the ingredients, coat the chicken. Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 to 40 minutes (depending on thickness of the chicken, longer if there are bones).

Voila!

I was really happy to see your recent post. I am glad you are still here and still posting, regardless of your decision to stand.

D
D
I don't have any cooking advice as I would probably thaw the chicken, cut off anything that looks questionable, and cook it. /shrug. However, I do know that I use Marjoram in my recipe when making chicken and dumplings. smile That's all I know about it. lol.

C
C
Hey AP, how about staying on the Italuan theme with Cacciatore Chicken. Similar ingredients to FightOn's recipe:

1x onion sliced
2x garlic cloves, sliced
1tsp olive oil
400g can chopped tomatoes
2x tbsp chopped rosemary
Small handful of basil leaves

Method
Fry the onion and garlic in the oil until,softened. Add the tomatoes, rosemary and seasoning. Cook for 19-15 minutes until thickened.

Heat the oven to 180c/160c fan/gas 4. Put the chicken in s baking tray, to with the sauce and bake for 15-20 minutes until cooked through. Serve scattered with basis and with your favourite veg.

Again cook for longer if bones. Enjoy!

Me - 47
H - 45
D-16
M - 6 years
Separated - May 16

Don't leave me behind can't you see me I'm shining... (Years & Years - 'Shine')
A
AndrewP Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Chicken a la Coly et AP et al turned out pretty good - thank you everyone.

I don't have fresh spices other than onions and garlic and because I have this innate problem following instructions I sort of winged it.

The chicken was thoroughly cooked in the slow cooker through the day with some carrots and a few spices that were suggested so it just fell apart at dinner time when I de-boned it. I used pretty much everyone's spicing suggestions although surprisingly I have no basil.

Saute the onions, garlic and then add in chopped tomatoes. After it thickened add in the chicken to the skillet. Stir a bit more and served with a dash of parmesan cheese. Yes - a side dish would have been good but - man cooking here laugh

I would certainly make this again and be happy serving it to company. It would have been great served over rice but I still as yet have to master cooking rice.

3/4 of the chicken has been saved for another day probably as a simple stew.

Have a great night everyone.

PS - bookshelves re-organized. Sooo many books. I found a couple of STBX's that I had missed before that I put in her boxes. Some books have doubtful "ownership" so I kept the ones I liked. I only freed up one book-case because we had so very many books that were in some cases triple stacked on the shelves and covered with much dust.

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
A
A
AP-
Always nice hearing about books you are reading wink
(not sure about chicken you are eating)

me 42 H 32
T 7yr
M 6yr
BD 5/2016 ILYBNILWY
Separated 7/2016
A
A
Freezer burnt chicken stew. Cleaning cat litter boxes. Can't you just make them go outside? I know it's cold, but still.

me 42 H 32
T 7yr
M 6yr
BD 5/2016 ILYBNILWY
Separated 7/2016
A
A
A.P: where are you?

me 42 H 32
T 7yr
M 6yr
BD 5/2016 ILYBNILWY
Separated 7/2016
A
AndrewP Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Just got home, fed the girls and am making my lunch. Later night today - there was a retirement party for a friend to attend.

I may have an update in a few days as I work through my list and battle monsters.

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
A
A
Be well A.P.

me 42 H 32
T 7yr
M 6yr
BD 5/2016 ILYBNILWY
Separated 7/2016
Altair #2726640 01/21/17 11:32 AM
A
AndrewP Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Time for a bit of an update I suppose. I just checked the map - I am a man after all - and realized that going from Ravenna across the Rubicon puts me towards southern Italy and not towards Greece at all. Boy is my geography bad. And here I've been preparing for an encounter Grecian monsters right away. Typical man - checks the map after setting out and then says "Oh - this is the way I wanted to go all along" laugh

I got an automated alert from my bank on Thursday afternoon. A large withdrawal had been made from the joint savings account. I called my local branch and it reinforced why I like dealing in person with a small bank. The person on the line knows me well, looked up the information on the transaction then reached out to the teller in the branch where the transaction took place. STBX had done the withdrawal via cashier's cheque from a branch other than the one we usually use and had told the teller that she would be sending a note to me about it when the teller questioned why such a large amount was being taken. I had in the meanwhile sent STBX a text with saying "What's up with the large withdrawal?".

A bit later while I was out at the retirement party I got an email from STBX. In summary she's seen a L, she withdrew 1/2 the savings plus accrued interest as of when she left the house, that she will arrange to come to the house to get her stuff, and she made threatening noises using legal terms about me cutting her off from my corporate benefit plan. I sent a polite reply that said "thanks for letting me know" about the withdrawal and that I was open to talk about all of the other issues. I also mentioned that the benefits were on my list of things to talk to my own L about along with other items which I didn't bother to list.

When I did my banking today I was talking to the same teller that I had called on Thursday - he was very nervous that he had done something wrong by not stopping the transaction and I assured him that everything was fine. Again - It's great to have good support from these people. I'm sure that as I work through the financial and legal issues that are ahead of me that they'll be great to work with in the future as they have been in the past. For those of you steps behind me this is perhaps a good thing to remember. Get a good relationship with your bankers, insurance agents etc if you don't have one already. Also - automated alerts via text or email should be available from your financial institutions and are just being prudent IMO.

With the amount that STBX took, some things are a bit tight but I went through the budget and I'll be OK especially since I can now assume that we won't be paying her car insurance or legal fees out of that account now. It's tempting to pull the rest of the funds out myself and while perhaps "wise" it could also be perceived as being retaliatory. I'm covered if she is really really stupid and does that at which point I'd have to start getting more aggressive and get a cease and desist. I honestly don't think that she'll do that though especially now that she's lawyered up. I do question the quality of advice that she's getting though that has her acting in an arbitrary fashion without any sort of agreement in place. If she thought to scare me by telling me that she has a lawyer that part failed pretty badly.

This weekend a number of things on my "list" that I had shared with STBX trigger. I've canceled STBX's supplementary credit card which she hasn't used for about 10 months. Tomorrow I'll delete files from our cloud storage and disconnect her old email account. One step at a time along the road. Do I go South to Palermo or across to Otranto and over to Greece? There will probably be monsters no matter which way I go but at least thus far they seem to be relatively small ones. I was speculating while composing this post in my head this morning (before I checked the map and thought I was in Greece already) and was wondering what sort of monster I have. Is it a Cyclops, a Hydra, or my own current theory, a Minotaur in which case I just have to keep a careful lookout and stay out of it's way until I get out of the maze.

I had dinner with S22 on Friday night. He's not been well for the last week but was feeling better. It was great to see him and we had a good visit. His mother was barely referenced and certainly nothing about unusual withdrawals was mentioned. We talked about his future plans, his job search and our trip to see D24 in March. He's getting pretty excited about that himself. I've contacted my travel agent to get the hotel and travel health insurance set up.

Well - my first load of laundry is almost ready to come out of the washing machine. Chicken stew for dinner tonight (and many nights to come I think). The weather here has been unusually warm even for the usual January thaw that we have. I have hopes of being able to find my missing garbage can lid that is under one of the snowbanks still I think.

I hope everyone reading and those who don't have a great day.

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard