Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
job #2724977 01/10/17 08:26 AM
W
W
it's also best for women not to post photos of themselves with their children in online dating sites. I cringe when I see that.

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
job #2724983 01/10/17 08:42 AM
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I wrote this whole reply to everyone and......lost it. My work computer has been doing that lately. it's probably telling me to go back to work,lol.

I google everyone I date. In 2016, there was a guy who was interested in me and vice versa and he acted rather inappropriately with me. it have me a bad feeling, so I googled him. My gut was right, he has been charged with multiple counts of rape and is awaiting trial. I know what this guy did, it's right their in google. he was a married high school softball coach who had a relationship with a 17 year old student. Both guys you would have never thunk, especially the one at the gym. Everyone views him as this great guy and a huge inspiration and someone extremely datable. You never really truly know. Thank God I found I out.

Since dating ex NG, I have had 2 sex offenders and the plumber. Who was sexually offensive. Oh, and the priest. I am sickened and discouraged. And quite honestly, untrusting and hopeless.

In March it will be NINE years since the bomb. It hasn't been a few months or a year or two. There has been plenty of time. I've survived the horror, raised a child from infancy pretty much on my own, rebuilt my life, Found my interests and acted upon them, I GAL more than one might in my situation, and quite honestly, my idea of GAL these days is to lay on the couch with the one I love and watch some TV. I'm tired of busying myself. I have focused directly only daughter, and I would continue to do so even in a partnership. I go to bed every night on "my" side of the bed with heavy lonely heart. meanwhile I watch friends leave marriages then find someone that has them on cloud 9. I am very happy for those friends, but it leaves me saying "why not me?" Instead, I have been rejected by any guy I have ever cared about and they almost all left me to be with someone else.

So, I am discouraged in so many areas to say the least. I am so very tired. And in pain. Which is why I am taking a break from any men for a few months as my therapist thought might be good for me.

Thanks for listening.

Ginger1 #2724993 01/10/17 09:27 AM
J
J
Wish I had something encouraging to write to you ginger about the world of dating. But I have such limited experience.

But I do think you are amazing, and I know that many guys out there would have to think so too.

M: 42
H: 43
Twins age 5
WAH in summer
Ginger1 #2724996 01/10/17 09:44 AM
C
C
Originally Posted By: Ginger1
meanwhile I watch friends leave marriages then find someone that has them on cloud 9.

I might be calling BS on this.

You can't believe anything they say!

They just wear a good mask that hides their true PAIN.

I do think you will find the right guy one of these days.
More patience required.

Me-70, D37,S36
Cadet #2724999 01/10/17 10:17 AM
W
W
Honestly G, I'm hearing your fatigue talking. First of all, what's wrong with being an ex-Priest? The plumber was a guy you didn't have high hopes for anyway but decided to take a chance (good for you!), the latest sex offender you googled and found he wasn't who you want to date (again, good for you!). exNG was a relationship where you both wanted to go in different directions...and yes, that hurts. I don't see you as cursed! Get back in the saddle when you're feeling a little more hopeful. You're an amazing lady who deserves an amazing guy...and you'll find him smile

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
whatisis #2725002 01/10/17 10:48 AM
D
D
Ginger,

I agree with whatisis, you've just had a bad run. Compared to me, you're doing very well. My only real prospect was Hot Mother Teresa, and she wasn't real. All of the women who message me look like toads wearing a bushy blonde wig and lipstick. I'm not giving up hope though; I know there's a great woman out there who'll love my toothless grin and acerbic personality (not to mention the cross-dressing).

doodler #2725008 01/10/17 11:57 AM
job Offline
New Thread:

Last edited by job; 01/10/17 03:18 PM. Reason: Added link to new thread

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard