Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
B
Morning Esame,
Good for you with the smoothies and the duct tape. Can I interest you or anyone else in this new gadget I've come up with? Duct tape with a straw attachment for your STFU smoothie drinking pleasure?

I'm glad you had a good weekend. Yes, take it from someone who tends to throw DB out the window when my buttons are pushed "just so" --- you did a great job praising and validating.

Happy Monday! xoxoxo

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
E
Esame Offline OP
OP Offline
E
I've not posted recently, things have been difficult but aI thought I was doing ok. Well then H dropped the bomb, he is filing. He saw a solicitor, he wants to proceed ASAP. He wants closure, apparently he will file on the grounds that "we don't see eye to eye". I really don't know what to say, the only positive thing is that he is open to continuing with the same arrangement for the kids, i.e. him visiting them here, so that their lives will be disturbed as little as possible. I don't know if he will keep to his end of the bargain, obviously I need to get legal advice as soon as possible.

So that's that. A lovely festive surprise for me. I cannot wait for 2017, and I really hope it is better thank this year.

"There's nothing sadder than a conman conning himself"

“There is freedom waiting for you,
On the breezes of the sky,
And you ask "What if I fall?"
Oh but my darling,
What if you fly?”

-Erin Hanson

job Offline
Esame,

I am very sorry to read this news. Please see a lawyer as soon as possible so that you will know what your legal rights are. Don't believe anything he tells you, i.e., promising this or that, because it will change once the process begins.

Please take care of yourself and hugs to you and the children.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
E
Esame Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Oh and apparently he was under the impression that I was already dating. Interesting. I guess even that didn't make him wonder if he is doing the right thing though.

Oh but my darling,
What if you fly?”

-Erin Hanson

E
Esame Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Originally Posted By: job
Esame,

I am very sorry to read this news. Please see a lawyer as soon as possible so that you will know what your legal rights are. Don't believe anything he tells you, i.e., promising this or that, because it will change once the process begins.

Please take care of yourself and hugs to you and the children.

Thanks Job. I'm feeling ok (surprisingly), I think my number one worry is how the kids will be affected, and if we can minimise the damage I can live with that. I'm not saying that I'm not grieving for myself, for the loss of a husband, my dreams for the future etc. But in my eyes my husband left me in February. A piece of paper cannot change that.

Oh but my darling,
What if you fly?”

-Erin Hanson

P
P
Esame,
I'm sorry to read this news. Gahhhh. It's awful. Take care of yourself and your kids and yes... Get a lawyer asap.

Me- 30's H- 40's
T-10 M-5
I moved out b/c he wanted space- June 15
D filed by H: September 16
B
B
Esame,

I was regularly checking for your updates. I'm sorry to see this one!
But yes, let's hope 2017 will be much better year for all of us!!!

Good luck with everything. Do get a lawyer right away. & also try to read expats in the U.K. sites, they usually have good advice/info, sometimes list of recommended lawyers etc.

Thinking of you! Big hug!

M: 41
H: 50
2S: 13 & 15
H moved out Feb 2016
B
B
{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}

I'm so sorry honey.
truly.

Take care of yourself in the midst of this madness xoxoxo
remember if the plane is going down, we are to put the oxygen mask on ourselves first, then the kids, otherwise we won't be in any shape to truly help them.

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
K
Kyh Offline
K
Sorry to read about the filing. I know that feeling too well. In regard to him thinking you were dating; I think they want to believe that we are out there doing such things to relieve/excuse their pain. It would make their actions more acceptable to them.

Glad to read he wants to keep the arrangements with the kids the same but don't let your guard down on this. My w's wants/attitude quickly changed after she got her attorney.

Take care!

S
S
I'm so sorry to read this Esame ((((((((big hugs))))))))

In my sitch, it took XH many months to file after he told me he was going to file - from memory, over six months to me actually getting papers.

So, I would say to get your own L lined up and ready to go if needed and then sit back and let your H do all the work if that's what he wants.

Does it work for you that he still comes to the house and spends time with the kids my lovely??

That is always something you can change if you want to...

Take care, and if you have told him D isn't what you want already - step back and leave him to it.
Xx

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard