Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
N
Natus Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Hey Pac,

Good to hear progress on your side. In my case i really dont believe she wants too. Kinda like the last time she asked for MC but never made time for it. Kinda confirmed it when i recently said sure lets try dating. She pretty much backtracked and said not now.

Difference is im okay with it, pretty much confirmed my suspicions is all and in a way is helping me move forward cause now im not wondering if she meant what she said.

Im not sure your W opening up means anything Pac. Mines being doing that all this while whenever she gets the chance to share something. I'd say keep your expectations pretty chill.

Me31 W31 M11yrs S6yrs
23Mar16-BD
9Apr16-W admitted EA w boss.
27Jun16-W Changed job and promised NC w OM.
14Jul16-Continued contact w OM.Start of Separation.
24May17-Divorced.
P
P
Originally Posted By: Natus

Im not sure your W opening up means anything Pac. Mines being doing that all this while whenever she gets the chance to share something. I'd say keep your expectations pretty chill.

Good advice... yeah I really got excited off the bat but things have settled back down substantially now... we are still talking more than before the New Year, but spending time together has been limited to two weekends thus far. She's also not seemingly making an effort to see any MC yet.

Me: 40 W: 45
T: 13, M: 11
1 D: 9

Suspect A 6/15
ILBINILWY 8/15, and 3/16
EA/PA Discovered 3/16
EA admitted 3/16
W Moved out 4/16
W opens R talk and says A over 1/17
N
Natus Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Handover days are the hardest. I drop s5 at school then dont see him till the end of the week. Does it get easier?

Me31 W31 M11yrs S6yrs
23Mar16-BD
24May17-Divorced.
P
P
yes it does... I still don't like it but we've "adjusted" to the new routine. Give it time!

Me: 40 W: 45
T: 13, M: 11
1 D: 9

Suspect A 6/15
ILBINILWY 8/15, and 3/16
EA/PA Discovered 3/16
EA admitted 3/16
W Moved out 4/16
W opens R talk and says A over 1/17
N
Natus Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Valentines day and anniversary in March coming up. Its almost 12 months since ILYBINILWY.

Looking back Im amazed at the journey i've had. Hitting absolute rock bottom, there was some really really dark moments there where i thought i couldn't continue. Thankfully i've crawled out of that space and now feel am coasting.

S5 is staying with me full time now and i'm busy re-painting his bedroom preparing for his custome batmobile bed to arrive and converted some old wardrobes and drawers into batman theme as well as made a batman toy chest out of recycled furniture.

Interaction with her has been smooth when it does happen. We dont communicate often except for logistics and giving updates
on S5. I have no expectations anymore thankfully.

Would never have guessed i'd be here but i am. My tip for anyone if any is to stop fixating on the end goal (divorce or together) it will drive you crazy like it did me. Focus on yourself and living in the now.

Me31 W31 M11yrs S6yrs
23Mar16-BD
24May17-Divorced.
D
D
Originally Posted By: Natus
S5 is staying with me full time now and i'm busy re-painting his bedroom preparing for his custom batmobile bed to arrive and converted some old wardrobes and drawers into batman theme as well as made a batman toy chest out of recycled furniture.

Natus,

That's awesome!

N
Natus Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Falling behind on the painting, only manage to do it during weekends but its coming along. Little boy is so joyful, i am amazed at his strength through this. Apart from being a rambunctious little 5 year old (soon to be 6)every now and then hes been a model child. I'm happy but it does throws me off a little.

Me31 W31 M11yrs S6yrs
23Mar16-BD
24May17-Divorced.
D
D
Natus,

It's good to hear from you. I'm glad things are going well. I'm running behind with my home projects as well; the holidays and weather have slowed progress.

I'm glad your son is doing so well. Children are so amazing; sometimes they seem to have more wisdom and strength than the adults.

N
Natus Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Pheew been a couple months.

Its been a roller coaster and in some ways it still is. Only now the dips and turns feels less extreme and more "meh".

Got a court date next month for the big D, filing kinda felt good, like a load off me. As much as i enjoyed my GAL and other activities i did not enjoy being 'married' to someone i wasnt with.

As to why i filed, even though we were separated she kinda left a hook in, dropping lines every few months like shall we try dating and "do you think it can work", but when i called her out (as in sure lets go out) she changes tune. So after almost a year of that i'm just done.

Its a weird process from Bomb drop, the initial shock and clawing to save the marriage, the emotional rollercoaster aftewards that continued on for months and months. Its been 13 months from that day now, im not 100% yet, but i find im doing more than ok.

Me31 W31 M11yrs S6yrs
23Mar16-BD
24May17-Divorced.
L
L
Hi Natus,
I've not read back on your thread, but just hearing the strength in the tone of your last post is encouraging. You sound amazing! Although the marriage is ending, I'm willing to bet you are coming out of this wiser, certainly stronger, and possibly even on your way to being happier than you've ever been. And really that's a goal we all should have, like you said, without focusing on the marital outcome. That's exhausting and a waste of time, a lesson I'm learning the hard way. Keep up the good work and loving on your little Batman! smile

M-60 H-51
M-14 years
BD 12/26/16
S 1/1/17

"First the pain, then the rising."
Glennon Doyle Melton

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard