Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
A
AndrewP Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Thanks so much Westo - I appreciate the visit and the support quite a lot. Feel free to come to call any time - I usually have the kettle on for a pot of tea - or occasionally a glass of wine can be had.

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
W
W
Glass of red for me please!

job Offline
Westo,

It appears that you are still on moderation (as a newbie) to the forum. Because you are on moderation, the Administrator and/or the moderators of this forum have to approve your postings. It has nothing to do with the 100 postings limit as far as I am aware of.

Generally, the moderators have a day or so to approve postings of posters on moderation. I am on the forum periodically during the day and will approve postings very quickly. Today, when I left the forum, there were no postings in the moderation hopper for me to approve. It could be that another moderator saw them and approved them and that's why they suddenly appeared. Please keep in mind that many of the moderators are volunteers and are not here 24/7, but we do attempt to keep things moving along as much as possible when we are here.

I have recommended that you be taken off of moderation. I don't know how quickly that will be done as Virginia is the administrator and will have to approve my request. I ask that you please be patient.

Andrew, I apologize for the hi-jack. Just wanted to clear the air on the posting situation on your thread.

W
W
Thank you Job, just was confused as some of my posts don't seem to have been approved.

Back to the woods!

job Offline
I just checked the hopper and there is absolutely nothing there for approval. Are you sure you hit the submit button for those that are missing? (Not saying you didn't, but I've had missing posts before and it's because I thought I had hit the submit button and I hadn't...duh! My mind is working faster than the old fingers at times.)

W
W
Well, I thought I did........😳😳😳

A
AndrewP Offline OP
OP Offline
A
It's always nice to have visitors - especially such pleasant ones. Can I pour you a glass too job?

The village Christmas parade just went by - living on the main street it goes right past the house. It felt slightly odd being out there alone. I'm always struck by the similarity of these events to the grand military reviews that you see. The village and surrounding area musters it's troops and puts on a nice show.

One of the fire-fighters - a person who earlier on crossed the street to avoid me made a point of coming over, giving me a candy cane and shaking my hand. I joked that I must have been a good boy to get a candy and he laughed and said that yes I was. I waved to everyone, shouted out Merry Christmas and although there was sadness that I was there alone I felt glad to be part of such a community.

I parked the car at the end of the drive and used the dashcam to record the parade. It's uploading into Facebook now. However did I manage before that time-waster? wink Oh yes - piles of books.

I've changed my mind about dinner - pizza tonight. I have a big pile of dishes from the freezer clean and noticed some in there that I need for the meat-loaf. My ironing isn't done yet either - where does the time go. And here I used to worry about filling my days. I still haven't done the decorating I wanted nor the Christmas cards. I'm still waffling about sending W one and need to decide what to write in some. I'm figuring on "from the P family" as generic and safe.

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
W
W
Wow, your village sounds amazing. We don't have anything like that here.

A few days before Christmas the local fire engine will go around with Santa on the top, raising money for charity but that's as far as it goes.

It's like tumbleweed here!

A
A
A.P. the parade sounds fun. I do not think I have ever seen a Christmas parade.

Like you, I'm finding so much that needs to be done around here-- and not trivial stuff either! My days could be endlessly filled with tasks and chores I have put off should I choose to fill them.

me 42 H 32
T 7yr
M 6yr
BD 5/2016 ILYBNILWY
Separated 7/2016
job Offline
The village Christmas parade sounds wonderful. I'm sure it's a wonderful and fun time for all who participate in the parade as well as those who watch it. I'm sure you felt slightly odd being out there alone, but you did it and I think you enjoyed it.

As for the firefighter, he may well have had a lot on his mind earlier, but I'm glad he came back around. I'm sure the dashcam caught everything and what a way to remember this parade.

As for other things being left undone...don't worry about it. Tomorrow is another day and trust me, the dust bunnies, the dishes and the ironing will still be there tomorrow. As for the Christmas cards, you have plenty of time to get them addressed and in the mail. I have faith in you and know that you'll get everything done and be back on track in no time...but for now, take time and stop to smell the roses for a bit. Life is far too short not to enjoy the little things in life.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard