Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
S
S
Yeah. I guess I do have a lot of healing to do. It I am so very close to 'healed' certainly when compared to the needy eggshell walker. That silly fool has been dispatched. Surfer v2 (beta), has all the kind, caring, fun features but comes with twist of "oh dear how sad never mind" - google this and Windsor Davies and you will have one of your happy moments for the day!

Take care Buddy and have a great day!

Surfer.

M46/W40/D8/S6/T20/M12/Separated 6/2016,W takes kids
Issues2009
Wpartying w/g.f's2013on
EA2013PAdeniedWleavesMBR
ImeetAP/EAhalts
VariousBDDates
MFCourse
WSpew
EAresumes I halt
Wrages
DBIng4/2016

A
AndrewP Offline OP
OP Offline
A
^^^ Thanks Surfer - several LOL's here. I've not seen that man's work before. A classic British comic character actor indeed.

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
A
AndrewP Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Journaling

Well - I broke NC 3 times in the last week but it went fairly well I think. I also "poked the bear" a tad.

Contact 1 - The email I had mentioned about the budget. No response expected, none received but now I'm free to do what I want with my books since they are no longer "our" books.

Contact 2 - A text saying what I was going to get for S22 for Christmas which had been on his birthday list. Got a "thanks for letting me know - I was going to get that but will get something else" from W. No angst detected in the message

Contact 3 - W unexpectedly made a large deposit to our joint account marking it as "mortgage". Perhaps she can afford it better now that she's not going to be contributing to S22's upkeep. No clue. I thought about it when I got the alert from the bank that something had happened and texted:
A-The deposit was unnecessary but thank you. You can pull it back out if you are short. I am managing ok. My expenses are modest.
W - You're welcome

So - no fallout from the book-keeping changes. I have a couple of extra $$ in the bank that I didn't expect which helped when I got some work done on the car today. My Christmas shopping is about 1/3 done (a miracle for me). W actually had a positive Facebook interaction with SIL2 (mutual "liking") which I stayed out of. I have no expectation of sending any other messages to W in the foreseeable future. There's nothing I want to say to her that I've not said before.

When I was at the dealership this morning I checked at the service desk to be sure that W was separated from my account there. I drive a lot and am in there about every 6 weeks for service and am well known to the staff - and I believe liked. W is in about twice a year so I have a much better relationship with the staff than she does. There was a bit of hesitation on the part of the clerk but she checked and sure enough W's information wasn't on my account any more but the clerk mentioned that W had been in. I pressed my luck and was told that W had left her summer tires to be stored by the dealer - so - they're not with OM which is a very positive sign in some ways that she's not confident on that relationship I think. Can't really read anything more into it than that.

Now for the "poking" - they had a new 2017 sports car in so I took a SnapChat picture of it and posted it to D24/S22 and my story with a caption of "new mid-life crisis car for Dad?" (I've never mentioned MLC to W). I also posted a Snap of me inside it announcing that it was comfortable and that I fit - a problem for us larger guys. A few minutes later I got a somewhat concerned sounding query from D24 asking if I was indeed looking at a new car. I reassured her that I was just in for a service call and that any new car would probably be a responsible economy car just like all the others I've had since my Jeep TJ years ago. I did check my story a bit later and W had indeed seen my Snaps about checking out sports cars.

The rest of the day has gone well. I had a scone and a nice sweet treat from the bake-shop for my lunch. Chatted a bit with the staff at the shop across the street (where W will work occasionally) about Christmas decorating that I'm doing, my second load of laundry is just about ready to put into the dryer and I feel good today.

I hope everyone else is also feeling good. Coly23/Altair I see that you both are getting along reasonably well too which I'm glad to see - Altair - if we can figure out how, I'd be thrilled to visit with you over dinner when you head up to Toronto next summer. It will be fun to see if the image I have in my mind of you matches the reality. I'll be the guy in the bow tie with grey hair if you are looking for me.

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
C
C
Hey Andrew, those sound like some good interactions with your W and I like your reference to the midlife car, if only that sufficed as the vice our WAS's used as as part of their crisis!

Yeah I'm good thanks although had a big blow up with H today. I might journal later but it's still a bit raw and anger has currently replaced the blood in my veins!!!

Very jealous that you an Altair have the opportunity to meet up. Should be fun if you are able to coordinate!

Me - 47
H - 45
D-16
M - 6 years
Separated - May 16

Don't leave me behind can't you see me I'm shining... (Years & Years - 'Shine')
A
A
A.P.- sounds like things are going well there- really a scone and another treat?
Sounds good the direction you are going with $$ and such, I'm sure it will relieve your stress about wondering what to do.
I bought a doughnut today, something I haven't done in about 3 years, am eating half of it. Everyone raves about this particular place but I'm not feeling this doughnut.
I have this thing about doughnuts-- when I was a kid the doughnut shops such as Dunkin or Yum Yum were smoky joints with gravelly-voiced people sitting at the counter. So for me, I always expect a smoky-tasting doughnut. Even now, after all these years.
A scone sounds wonderful.
Went with friends to look at table-top trees, they nixed one for them, so I rejected the sad-looking trees as well, although had I gone alone I probably would have just chosen the least-sad looking tree.
Oh no Coly! afraid to hear what happened-- hope all is well.

me 42 H 32
T 7yr
M 6yr
BD 5/2016 ILYBNILWY
Separated 7/2016
M
M
Originally Posted By: AndrewP

Well - I broke NC 3 times in the last week but it went fairly well I think. I also "poked the bear" a tad.

Contact 1 - The email I had mentioned about the budget. No response expected, none received but now I'm free to do what I want with my books since they are no longer "our" books.

Fine.

Contact 2 - A text saying what I was going to get for S22 for Christmas which had been on his birthday list. Got a "thanks for letting me know - I was going to get that but will get something else" from W. No angst detected in the message

Fine.

Contact 3 - W unexpectedly made a large deposit to our joint account marking it as "mortgage". Perhaps she can afford it better now that she's not going to be contributing to S22's upkeep. No clue. I thought about it when I got the alert from the bank that something had happened and texted:
A-The deposit was unnecessary but thank you. You can pull it back out if you are short. I am managing ok. My expenses are modest.
W - You're welcome

Seriously? A 4 sentence note on this? Honestly, seems like no note was even necessary. Especially one where you are prodding into her finances.

W actually had a positive Facebook interaction with SIL2 (mutual "liking") which I stayed out of.

I did check my story a bit later and W had indeed seen my Snaps about checking out sports cars.

Sigh.

A
AndrewP Offline OP
OP Offline
A
My heavens - just when you think that nothing will happen - it happens - or not.

I "winged it" rather than posting first - nobody is expected to keel over from the shock of that.

I got a text from W this evening asking to meet tomorrow afternoon over coffee about Christmas and "other things". I agreed and yes darknes - I used less words than she did <g>

No clue what's up and definitely no expectations. Updates to follow.

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
A
A
Wow, A.P., interesting news!
Funny thing is, no one knows this, but A.P. took the several barns-full of 2x4s accumulated from this site and built an entire Canadian world-class cabin, replete with multiple storied decks. Who knew?

(I'm next! Jumping maniacally)

me 42 H 32
T 7yr
M 6yr
BD 5/2016 ILYBNILWY
Separated 7/2016
C
C
Andrew, good luck with coffee today. Don't do what I did and build up your expectations! Your resolve and patience has paid off even if it is just coffee. I found that the first meeting is the hardest and nerve wracking because we have built up so much in our minds about how it will be.

Looking forward to your update AP! Now where's that 2x4 vacation cabin of yours.....

Me - 47
H - 45
D-16
M - 6 years
Separated - May 16

Don't leave me behind can't you see me I'm shining... (Years & Years - 'Shine')
S
S
AP

Quote:
I had a scone and a nice sweet treat from the bake-shop for my lunch. Chatted a bit with the staff at the shop across the street (where W will work occasionally) about Christmas decorating that I'm doing, my second load of laundry is just about ready to put into the dryer and I feel good today.

Loving this mentality. Just keep this if nothing else. Particularly when having that coffee. No expectations.

Good luck chap!

Surfer.

M46/W40/D8/S6/T20/M12/Separated 6/2016,W takes kids
Issues2009
Wpartying w/g.f's2013on
EA2013PAdeniedWleavesMBR
ImeetAP/EAhalts
VariousBDDates
MFCourse
WSpew
EAresumes I halt
Wrages