Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13
#271668 04/06/04 01:03 PM
OP Offline
good morning all and thanks for being so patient to the time i needed to get back in the groove. i am totally not in it yet, but i need to start posting again, keep up with my positives because that truly does help.

for those who have been following my story here are my previous threads...

Living in Limbo Land (first thread)

My Great Secret Dream (second thread)

Lightening Up My Heart (third thread)

It Will Be Worth the Adjustment (fourth thread)

Altering My Life by Altering My Attitude of Mind (fifth thread)

Imagine What You Want To Do ... (sixth thread)

Eat That Frog (seventh thread)

Just Aim Cleverly (eighth thread)

when we last left the saga of my life, i was on my way to california for what started out to be a 5 week trip to help my niece thru major surgery, it turned out to be 8 weeks in all

it was grueling, but i will spare you all the details, as most of you know how life might be like with 7 children at your feet all day - UGH

i left here writing my husband a 3 page letter asking for forgiveness for all the things i had done wrong in our married life (don't worry, i got editors from the board to look it over before i gave it to him) - to which i have gotten about three references so far in conversations with him since then - he appreciated the letter.

in looking over my "motivational" quote for the day...
Quote:

... it is as if the cosmos is conspiring to confront you with a crucial fact. If you won't turn to look at it, it will step in front of you, yelling, "Recognise me!" You KNOW what you are ignoring. When you finally, reluctantly acknowledge this, life will instantly get SO much easier. No matter what went wrong, things are different now. Doors which once were locked are open. Problems which couldn't be solved before can be sorted out now.

i find the bold in this to be true for my life right now.

things are different now. i have been home a week and there seems to be a calmness in the air. there seems to be more open conversation about our future. there seems to be more affection between ALL members of the family. there seems to be a realization that there really is something that can be worked on, all is NOT hopeless. there seems to be a general "home" feeling coming back. there seems to be a natural "doing things together as a family" attitude prevailing in these walls.

all in all, things do feel different.

is it me? is it him? i don't know but i taking it one day at a time. let me tell you, i have learned what STRESS is - i have learned what i DON'T want out of life and i have certainly expressed it to my husband and my family.

there seems to be a general leaning towards accepting my friendship for what it is.

there seems to be a general change in my attitude as well. these two months have finally taught me how to TRULY drop the rope. it has taught me for one, that i don't need to be in the middle of everything and the world still survive. it has also taught my husband that he truly is his own person, and can handle things on his own (tho he has expressed to more than one person he does NOT want that)

there seems to be calm

i like calm

dropping the rope is the key

more later...

# 1

Pam

"We must be willing to let go of the life we had planned
so as to have the life that is waiting for us"
It sounds like you are in a good place Kitti.

I'm glad!

Pam

"We must be willing to let go of the life we had planned
so as to have the life that is waiting for us"
Kitti!

Welcome back! I've missed your positive posts and am so happy to read your positives.

It sounds as though your trip to California gave you some much needed time to think and work through things. Your H too. I hope that it's enough momentum to be the spring board for bringing the 2 of you back together.

GO YOU!

BIG hugs,

Betsey

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
hey kitti,

welcome back, glad to hear things seem to be taking a turn for the better. Sometimes it seems all we really need is a little attitude adjustment and things around us adjust themselves to fit in with it.

LL

KK,

This is AWESOME stuff! Do I need to prepare you for the success stories, I think my friend you are next!

Glad to see your back! Glad to know you are in the wings! LOL!

Here is to crossing my fingers and toes for you!

YA YA!

Deb

bom:01/2003
D: 03/14/2006
KK

What a great post...I couldn't be happier for you!!!
T2

Welcome back, KK. I am so happy things are moving forward for all of you... It is wonderful how much perspective can be gained with time and distance.

"You don't throw a whole life away just 'cause it's banged up a little" Tom Smith in "Seabiscuit"
Hey KK - Welcome back!

Thanks for the update, you sound at peace - isn't that corny? But stepping into another life for 8 weeks could be another item on the things that work list!

I'll save you the trip to catching up with my sitch - I'm still in the same holding pattern - although I think we have inched forward a little bit. No backsliding allowed on this end - only forward progress!

Anyway, glad you are back! It'll be fun to have your humor back on the BB!

totite "Accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative..."
SOOOOO Glad you are HOME!
Over and out...

Relax. Appreciate. Be calm. Laugh. Enjoy. Be secure. Be loving. Be loved. Don't personalize. Don't ASSume. Accept. Be grateful.
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard