Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
D
DonH Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Okay V, yeah I'd see nothing wrong with coffee at home after the 4th date. You just said you had an online date and I assumed it was the first. See what happens when I assume? smile

Doodler I did call. Got voice mail - which is not too uncommon. Get a text back later she is on a business trip and added, "and don't worry it's not Chicago". Guess she already knows what I was thinking. Actually she is way too smart for her own hid sometimes. So hopefully we will connect this weekend.

I can't tell you how much I wish we lived 10 miles away like the guy G is talking to rather than 10 hours away. Add in we each have busy schedules and you see why it is what it is.

But I did call so I'll pphave to decline your invitation. G however can certainly coax me. smile.

DonH
Midwest
Me 56
WAW-EXW 55
Met 11/95 / Married 5/00
Bomb 6/20/05 / She Filed on 6/2/06 / Divorced on 10/9/06
4 who'd qualify as GF since D & dated about 25 women since D
G
G
Don, me and 10 minute away guy just sent one actual message, there is no expectations here.

I have been in mostly long distance dating relationships since the divorce. There is a chance I gravitate towards the because they allow me the time to get done what I need to get done in my busy life without pressure. I then know the time I have planned to spend with that person is ours. As time goes on though, for me with a young kid anyways, as we became more comfortable together to have kids involved I wanted to be closer.

The 10 hours might not be the worst thing if there is a possibility of the two of you living in the same area one day. It could be fun. I find with distance, it's actually more of a chance to get emotionally closer, because that's all you have at the time. Getting to know who eachother is by talking and sharing. I write off 10 hours for myself because I have such a young child. It just couldn't work for me. I did consider, however moving 2 and a half hours away.

Think about it. If you think you guys have a chance, you could actually enjoy this long distance thing!!!

G
G
Oh, and I could coax you with spotted dick?

#Ever see that movie with John Goodman, "King Ralph"? Makes me think of spotted dick everytime

D
D
Originally Posted By: DonH
Doodler I did call.

DonH,

That's awesome!!! And, I'm relieved that I don't have to follow-through with the skinny dipping, pint of ale and spotted dick.

D
D
Originally Posted By: Ginger1
I find with distance, it's actually more of a chance to get emotionally closer, because that's all you have at the time.

Ginger,

I've noticed the same thing. On eHarmony I tend to be reluctant to start the communication process with women who are near me. If they're further away, I know that we'll have to get to know each other before initiating a date in person. I'd prefer to feel comfortable with the person before making a date.

I guess it would be possible to have the same interaction with someone near me prior to a date, but I don't think I'd have the depth of conversation with someone nearby, prior to a date, that I would have with someone who lives far away. The nearness makes it too easy to schedule a date early in the communication process.

Does that make sense?

V
V
No custard on It! That involves Vanilla.

It is better with ice cream.

V

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

V
V
Originally Posted By: doodler
Originally Posted By: Ginger1
I find with distance, it's actually more of a chance to get emotionally closer, because that's all you have at the time.

Ginger,

I've noticed the same thing. On eHarmony I tend to be reluctant to start the communication process with women who are near me. If they're further away, I know that we'll have to get to know each other before initiating a date in person. I'd prefer to feel comfortable with the person before making a date.

I guess it would be possible to have the same interaction with someone near me prior to a date, but I don't think I'd have the depth of conversation with someone nearby, prior to a date, that I would have with someone who lives far away. The nearness makes it too easy to schedule a date early in the communication process.

Does that make sense?

No

V 64, WAW

D
D
Vanilla,

Oh well, it seemed to make sense when I wrote it. But, I've been listening to "Time to Say Goodbye" with Andrea Bocelli (Italian tenor), so now I'm all mushy and romantic inside and I don't know what to think. smile

Skinny dip in the English Channel?

V
V
Originally Posted By: doodler
Vanilla,

Oh well, it seemed to make sense when I wrote it. But, I've been listening to "Time to Say Goodbye" with Andrea Bocelli (Italian tenor), so now I'm all mushy and romantic inside and I don't know what to think. smile

Skinny dip in the English Channel?

I think you might want to choose someone you like very much instead of using proximity as a measure. Otherwise if you need distance to slow an R as you really Ready?

Just saying.

Skinny dipping in the English Channel or the Atlantic in October are you crazy?

V

V 64, WAW

D
D
Vanilla,

I'm probably not ready, but I've humping my furniture and British neighbor's leg so I feel like I have to do something.

Me? Crazy? No way.

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard