Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
M
M
Your whole story sounds like a classic MLC. Right now you need to think of your W's MLC as a tornado. You have to take the kids down into the storm cellar with the tools and resources you need to keep them and you level-headed and safe. Outside, the storm is going to rage, you'll hear what's going on but not know exactly WHAT is going on. After it's run its course, you'll see the damage that was done, but you'll know exactly what to do to fix it.

M-43 W-40
2D - 9 and 5

Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet a new life.

RECONCILED AND WISER
C
C
Originally Posted By: MrBond
Your whole story sounds like a classic MLC. Right now you need to think of your W's MLC as a tornado. You have to take the kids down into the storm cellar with the tools and resources you need to keep them and you level-headed and safe. Outside, the storm is going to rage, you'll hear what's going on but not know exactly WHAT is going on. After it's run its course, you'll see the damage that was done, but you'll know exactly what to do to fix it.

Yeah most people dont go outside and try to fight a tornado with hand to hand combat.

I have never heard of that working.

Stay safe in the cellar.

Me-70, D37,S36
S
S
I have just read your first post. If not for the timing and her reactions to issues related to her parents, I would probably say she shows all the signs of WW. However, her drastic change does appear to have a connection with her mother's death; the ignited anger toward her father; and her feeling that life is passing her by.

It is often difficult for untrained or inexperienced people to determine MLC or WW. When I first came to the board, I thought I must surely be having a MLC! I mean, who would have thought I could be a WW! (Arrogrance implied).

I was hoping Wonka would see your thread, b/c she is very experienced and can quickly hear the tones of MLC. I am so sorry for you and your family, b/c you may be in for a long, long journey. You will receive great support from folks who have experienced the road you currently travel.

It is not about what you feel should work in your M. It is about doing the work that gets the right results. Do what works!
H
HTM Offline OP
OP Offline
H
I hear you on the Tornado MrBond; unfortunately don't get many of those here in the UK so no cellar to speak of. However, with the time I'm likely to have on my hands suppose I could start digging one.

In all seriousness, thanks for stopping by to read my situation and offer your assessment.

Me thinks I'm about to get double homework from Cadet when I move to the MLC thread.

Me 50, ExW 49
T21, M13+
S15, S13
BD #1: 25-Jan-2016 (EA confirmed & ILYBINILWY)
Sept-2016 Mediated Sep. starts
Oct-2016 W petitions for D
Jan-2017 R w OM admitted/confirmed
Jun-2018 D'd
W
W
HTM,

Good decision to move your tiki hut over in the MLC forum.

So sorry that you're dealing with a chit storm. frown The folks over in the MLC forum will be really helpful in leading you some support and humor as you navigate through the MLC Fun House.

H
HTM Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Many thanks sandi2, I was kind of hoping you'd check in on my thread and offer an opinion.

I'd been reading quite a few of your posts/threads about WW behaviour and much of it ‘seems’ to fit but lack of knowledge/experience as well as being embroiled within the situation made it difficult to decipher.

Originally, my first inkling about my W did seem to have all the hallmarks of MLC but I didn’t know much about the WW then. If what I understand of MLC so far serves me, W looks to be in ‘replay’. I have noted 3-4 episodes of overt depression over the last 8 months which I’m guessing is unlikely to be seen with WW?

A few other forums I trawled through early on seemed to point to MLC too; the sarcastic ‘MLC Script’ or ‘MLC for Dummies’ I’d seen/read seemed an almost perfect match for my W.

Wonka did drop-in earlier on the thread and offer her thoughts about suspected MLC but I was waiting for some additional forum feedback, especially from yourself, before moving my thread.

Thanks again for your time & response.

Me 50, ExW 49
T21, M13+
S15, S13
Jun-2018 D'd
H
HTM Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Wonka,

Judging by the initial feedback received from the more experienced forum posters, including yourself, I'll move my thread across to the MLC forum.

Me 50, ExW 49
T21, M13+
S15, S13
Jun-2018 D'd
H
HTM Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Hi Cadet,

Wonder if you could supply info, or a link to a guide, of how I move my thread to another part of the forum?

Looked over the forum FAQs but didn't see anything related.

Thanks.

Me 50, ExW 49
T21, M13+
S15, S13
Jun-2018 D'd
C
C
Originally Posted By: HTM
Hi Cadet,

Wonder if you could supply info, or a link to a guide, of how I move my thread to another part of the forum?

Looked over the forum FAQs but didn't see anything related.

Thanks.

You just go start another thread on that forum and either link it yourself or ask the moderator their for help linking it up.

How to start a thread

I will use what Job wrote

First Click on Newcomers then:
Originally Posted By: job
Go to the top of the screen and there is a new topic box on the left hand side. Click on it and then you will open the window to create a new subject as well as a posting. It's the same way that you created this thread.

Plus How to link your threads

http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2588047#Post2588047

Last edited by Cadet; 09/02/16 05:03 AM.

Me-70, D37,S36
H
HTM Offline OP
OP Offline
H
On advice of more experienced DB-ers wrt my situation, my thread now continues in the MLC section...

http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2701750#Post2701750

Last edited by Cadet; 09/04/16 03:04 AM. Reason: fix link

Me 50, ExW 49
T21, M13+
S15, S13
Jun-2018 D'd
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard